Quantcast
Deck resurfacing? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Deck resurfacing?

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Originally posted by roopi
    Saw this product at Home Depot a few days ago which might work for you.

http://www.behr.com/consumer_ca/prod...deckover-stain
    I did my deck with this last fall and used the grey smooth option, not the one with grit. It looked rather good for a few months and i was happy with it. After less than a year, its peeling badly in a number of places. To be fair some sections still look great, but overall it wasnt worth the time and money.

Work wise: I had given it a reall good stir, but aside from that, did no prep work. It was a 10 year old deck that had been given no love, and i jist wanted a few more years out of it.

Next year ill probably replace the whole thing.

My Ride
    2005 F350

Originally posted by colsankey

I did my deck with this last fall and used the grey smooth option, not the one with grit. It looked rather good for a few months and i was happy with it. After less than a year, its peeling badly in a number of places. To be fair some sections still look great, but overall it wasnt worth the time and money.

Work wise: I had given it a reall good stir, but aside from that, did no prep work. It was a 10 year old deck that had been given no love, and i jist wanted a few more years out of it.

Next year ill probably replace the whole thing.
    wait, the stuff clearly states that there is prep work involved. you did none and now say that it was shit?
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ it makes no difference. From reading forums, reviews on various sites (HD, Amazon, etc.) people thought they made that mistake (no prep) but then went out and bought the same shit (BEHR) again with PROPER prep and the results were the same.

Any decking here takes a huge beating from the wild weather changes we have. BEHR should not be sold in our climate.

If youre serious about deck coating, get the PENOFIN product as mentioned above (Timber Town can order I think) but its 250$ a gallon.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

As the original posted of this...in 2014...I will put in my 2c. I just ended up going and buying Thompson Solid stain and painting my front porch with it, and doing the rear right now as I am rebuilding my rear deck. I looked at composite boards again, but just couldn't do it, especially since I will be looking at a new place in a few years. Thompson did start to peel in high traffic areas, but elsewhere looks like new. My plan is to just throw another coat on top and be done with it, since it isn't peeling in the nooks and crannies, there is no need to paint nicely, and just cover up the areas that are worn.

When I build my new place, i will go composite for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3