Strathmore Investment/Development Opportunity - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Strathmore Investment/Development Opportunity

Check PM

No YOU check PM!

My Ride
    NC1

Hey Z,

Question on the flex bonds, either quarterly or annually but once we hit that mark, you just send us a cheque with the interest earned on our principal amount?

So $10K at 11% quarterly so 2.75%= $275 or 14% annually so $1400 payment?

Just like that?

Better than the bank. We would get the principle back once the project is complete?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Yeah Maxy, it's the exact same thing you are in but no profit sharing and different rates...it's a bond so at maturity you get it back.

Thinking of topping off? Deadline for more in on the original is tuesday and the flexbond has a year left.

For the "annual" 14%, just like your 8%+prof shar is actually paid out once lots are sold, not annually. So if it takes 3 years to sell the lots completely and pay back the bond, you get 14% x3....

Let me know what your thoughts are.

My Ride
    NC1

Yeah I'm thinking haha

So with the 11% quarterly, we actually receive quarterly interest payments? Unlike the 14% or 8%+profit sharing, we don't have to wait until till project ends, units sold right?

Hmmm...interesting, then the cash can cover the interest on a loan. I think it was mention earlier on pg.1
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Exactly. Every 3 months from the day you get the bond, you get a cheque. Call me on my cell today, I am at the office.

My Ride
    MB C63

Can the quarterly bond payments be reinvested?

Also what kind of rough timeframe is there to sell the lots on the 14% annual bond?

Yes you can reinvest but keep in mind it only makes sense if you are investing a decent amount. Reason:

10k investment yields $275 every three months. Reinvesting each time requires a fixed 70$ fee with Olympia trust, making your profit only 205 every 3 months.

The more you invest, the more that method makes sense so 50K pays 1375 -70$ you feel the hit a lot less.

We will have lots for sale by spring/early summer '09. - that applies to both the 14% annual and the 11% quarterly.

Hope that helps!

My Ride
    FB6

I think you should keep updating Beyond on the status so I don't have to bug you or wait for the update reports.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

If initial investment is in a RSP, where do the payments go...

good thing to note down for potential investors.

Originally posted by realazy
    I think you should keep updating Beyond on the status so I don't have to bug you or wait for the update reports.
    Did you not get my email updates?? I sent them out as soon as you requested them!

Originally posted by TYMSMNY
    If initial investment is in a RSP, where do the payments go...

good thing to note down for potential investors.
    If you are doing an RRSP investment in the original bond with profit sharing that some here have bought, the 8% goes into the rrsp but the profit sharing is outside the rrsp and taxed as a dividend income (14.6%) Deadline to get in on the profit sharing, again, is Oct 31, 2008 (meaning the deal has to be sumitted to Olympia trust no later than the 29th.

Those wanting to purchase in the flexbond 14% or 11% quarterly options, if they do rrsp, all the payments go into the rrsp.

Thanks for the reminder to post that info!!

My Ride
    FB6

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Did you not get my email updates?? I sent them out as soon as you requested them!
    haha yes I did, but it's so much easier on Beyond.

Ohhhh, I thought you were miffed cause you didnt get the updates or something!

If your parents or you want to top up your investment before Oct 31 deadline, let me know...did they get their funds from the "other guys"?

My Ride
    FB6

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Ohhhh, I thought you were miffed cause you didnt get the updates or something!

If your parents or you want to top up your investment before Oct 31 deadline, let me know...did they get their funds from the "other guys"?
    It took me a second to get what "other guys" you were referring to. lol

Unfortunately, those funds will come in mid November. I may be interested when I return to Calgary with the other options you have though.

See what maxboost is contemplating above...it's a smart play to make someone else's money make you money

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Zorro what are your thoughts on the current real estate market? Will the currently (And possbily future) declining property values effect the ROI? Is there a deposit guarantee?
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

The current market in Calgary does not reflect what is happening in Strathmore. Even Calgary's market isn't TERRIBLE, it's just normal now.

Declining property values from when? The freakshow anomaly of 2006? Property values since the beginning of real estate have grown and will always grow....don't take a flattening of a freak market as the sign of the end of the world.

Strathmore is more like Airdrie 10-15yrs ago, steady population growth etc but strathmore is better poised. There is FANTASTIC infrastructure, as I've mentioned...a huge amount of money has been put in the town and combined with the steady demand of people moving away from calgary looking for larger lots (25ft vs strathmore min lot size of 50ft), safer town, full amenities and lack of product, the demand is on the rise.

Our master planned development is going to be the first one in strathmore, we have 60% of the land available for res. dev. and we are doing a proper plan to roll out an eventual 1800 lots on 280 acres.

No investment can be guaranteed but the way we have planned this project for the last 4 years, combined with the number of lots total, we are going to turn a solid profit. Lot sales initially for the first PORTION of the first phase (of 3) may have to be priced aggressively to stave off this market slowdown but overall for the 1800 lots, returns will be impressive.

Keep in mind the following:

Our initial projections and offering memorandum were based on $150,000/acre as value of land...this month when we get our approvals that value will be jumping to over $350,000/acre and then go up as construction progresses. That is not speculation either. That is market. RAW land market...not "damn my house in riverbend was affected" market.

Your deposit is secured against the land. Land that will more than double in value very soon. There is no bank to pay. It's you and us as a "partnership" in the investment. Fairly decent value increase and security, don't you think?

Those of you interested in getting in before the Oct 31 deadline, PM me...and those that have pm'd, you've got mail!
    Last edited by ZorroAMG; 10-24-2008 at 02:44 PM.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Is there (forgive me if I'm using the incorrect verbage) "putability" with this type of bond investment.

I suppose the real question is - what happens to my investment if the 19million is not raised and the project goes in another direction (sold off, held, etc).

I would like to dip my toe in the land investment sea, but will spend a long time educating myself first.
    Last edited by adamc; 11-10-2008 at 09:00 PM.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

We don't NEED to raise all the money at once....we've already raised 12 of the 19 and will proceed ahead. We are putting out 48 lots by late spring and that will generate substantial revenue to fund ourselves if we weren't able to raise the rest through syndication. The beauty about syndication is that if money is slow to come in (for a slow market like today's for ex), we enhance our terms. We don't need to, as it stands currently.

If you have more Q's let me know!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast