Quantcast
Review: Touchstone Insurance - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Touchstone Insurance

Last edited by Cos; 12-30-2016 at 02:50 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Been with bill since diamond insurance. He's awesome. Gets shit done when you need it

I just got the phone with TD Meloche saying that my home insurance is going up from $800 up to $1,300 per year citing that all insurance companies premiums are going up and they're losing money from all the wind and hail damage claims. I'm pretty quick to call BS but just curious if anyone else have this happen to them?

10% increase in premiums is one thing but going up $500 seems like overkill.

Thanks,
    asdf

My Ride
    M3|TDI|EK

Default Highly recommend Touchstone Insurance

Just wanted to add a quick review of Touchstone Insurance. I talked to Darren over the phone a couple of times regarding switching over from TD Meloche Monnex (with APEGA discount). With their lower rates, much better insurance package (especially on the home), and top notch service, I was hoping to switch to them. However, due to some complications with my case, it was recommended that I wait. Most companies would have just signed me up any not said a thing. Darren took the time to educate me on all aspects of the policy and provided advice a future solution. This really says a lot about the ethics of the business and their commitment to build long term customers.

Although I spent about an hour on the phone with Darren, he was never impatient and also declined any sort of monetary compensation I offered for his advice. I highly recommend
    Touchstone to all and plan to switch as soon as possible.

My Ride
    Deebee8

Bill and Touchstone Insurance get a huge thumbs up from me aswell. Was going to switch my insurance for vehicles, home etc but after doing some research Bill advised me that i had it good and to stay put. Honest advice and great service. i have even chatted with Bill and he has given me great advice on some insurance related matters that didnt even have anything to do with him.

anyone that asks me for who to go to for insurance Touchstone always gets my recommendation

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by prosh
    I just got the phone with TD Meloche saying that my home insurance is going up from $800 up to $1,300 per year citing that all insurance companies premiums are going up and they're losing money from all the wind and hail damage claims. I'm pretty quick to call BS but just curious if anyone else have this happen to them?

10% increase in premiums is one thing but going up $500 seems like overkill.

Thanks,
    I had that on TDMM Aset group. I was paying $375~ for the last couple years and then for 2013 it jumped up to $501. I called and they gave me the hail last year, house damage etc explanation also. It was still the cheapest I could find though so my car was moved to touchstone. in 2012.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ about to switch my sport bike to TS as well when I get back to the C dot. Fucking State Farm is as bad as TD meloche monex.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    rally pig

someone from Touchstone was supposed to call me one day as I was inquiring for insurance for our home and 2 cars, no one ever called me back

maybe I'll try again next year

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by taemo
    someone from Touchstone was supposed to call me one day as I was inquiring for insurance for our home and 2 cars, no one ever called me back

maybe I'll try again next year
    We've been short staffed for the last two weeks with staff on vacation, shoot me a PM with your name and I'll look into what happened.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

We've been short staffed for the last two weeks with staff on vacation, shoot me a PM with your name and I'll look into what happened.
    And that is why I am with Touchstone straight forward and prompt (sometimes even when he is on vacation )
    Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by Cos
    I dont think anyone is asking you to. I have referred people whom Bill has told to stay put. THAT is why I go with him. If you are arguing over $20 a year then I would have a different tune but no one is saying to spend $50.00 more a month so bill can pay for his Dodge truck habit.
    THIS. Bill and I have gone through my TDMM policy together with a fine tooth comb, and came to the conclusion that TDMM is basically giving my house policy to me for free. We both know that there's going to be an adjustment in the future for me, but he told me straight out that until TDMM realizes that I'm giving it to them up the ass compared to everyone else that I should stay put and enjoy the party. That, and until my single at fault incident with a boulder comes off my file.. *sigh*

When that all starts to happen, you can be sure I'm going to be dealing with Bill. Even though I'm NOT a client, he's still given me more help with my insurance than my existing insurer. Geez.. thinking about this, I'm not sure why he hasn't sent me an invoice yet.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by drtoohotty1

And that is why I am with Touchstone straight forward and prompt (sometimes even when he is on vacation )
    Yep, whenever I've got a question he's usually a quick email away even on weekends or evenings.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Another recommendation for Bill & the guys at Touchstone from me

When i moved here from the UK last year, I'd heard all sorts of horror stories from other British immigrants about insurance prices, licenses and basically anything to do with car expenses.

Also with me being a young driver, I was expecting the worst, was told by a couple of people they'd been paying in excess of $3000 for pretty basic SUV's.

I gave Bill a call on Beyonds recommendation and was pleasantly surprised with my quote on my Ridgeline. He was also able to get me coverage temporarily on my UK license while I searched for an apartment to be able to exchange it for an AB one and also get me a bit of discount for my proof of No Claims from my UK Insurers!

Glad he is a biker too, he was able to sort me a good deal for my Ninja and we had a chat about biking.

Basically the whole experience was made so much easier by having a guy like this on your side!

I'll need to call him over the next week or so to see about my renewals which will be due in a few weeks, and i'll also be turning 25, so hopefully big savings all round haha!

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

I have been quoted twice by Darren, and have seen the value and want to switch, but just haven't gotten around to it. Last time we were waiting on hearing about some info on their RV coverage, I got busy and haven't called back.

Sorry Darren, I will do this in August. I hope.
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

Last edited by Cos; 12-30-2016 at 10:53 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    4x4

Lets all bombard him

J/k - take a well deserved vacation masked bandit

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

My insurance with TD was up for renewal at the end of July so I decided to shop around a bit. Not only was Bill super easy to get a hold of, he's straight to the point and saved me a lot. I mean a lot. Like 33% off of what I was going to be paying with TD for home and auto insurance for the year and I qualify for the APEGGA discount. It made me laugh as I was cancelling my insurance with TD. I forgot my home insurance date was actually in Sept. They were calculating if I'd actually own money for cancelling early despite me paying for the year already w/o claim HA! Good riddance, TD.

Now, I haven't made a claim with either and sincerely hope I don't have to. But I feel far more at ease if something does come up dealing with Bill than a random at TD (though their service reps have been really good with me).
    Last edited by msommers; 07-26-2013 at 11:38 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

Another big for Bill and touchstone, I emailed Bill the other day to get another copy of my insurance sent out because I keep losing them when they are not in the plastic folder you sometimes get so to my surprise today this showed up all cars and bikes covered! Thanks again Bill

Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Switched insurance from TD to a different local broker 2 months ago. They've already screwed up royally. In a few weeks I'll be doing what I should have done years ago, and call Bill or Darren.

Bill worked like a dog to get my insurance figured out, quoted and done for a 2 day turnaround.

Anyone have dealing with making a claim with them? I am hoping they still out perform in that regard too.

btimbit: I moved from TD too. Tired of their crap. I just didn't try another local broker. Did that before TD and they weren't much help in making a claim. I think Touchstone could be the answer!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast