Quantcast
Tesla Motors - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla Motors

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    lol, yeah... not surprising

I heard a story about one of thier cars catching fire on the higway a while ago as well.

Tesla is going to crash hard.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but at least have an informed opinion. Fires in cars is a common occurrence just youtube car fire and you'll see. The highway incident, if it happened to a regular car would have obliterated it, further the car was smart enough to inform the driver to pull over before the fire even started. The car was also able to limit the fire to just one section of the car. Regular cars can burn right down to the ground.

The possibility of Tesla failing should not be attributed to its safety, the fact is Tesla's are some of the safest cars on the road if not safest.

I still firmly believe Tesla will be a big part of the future. Just wait until the Model X comes. For comparison sake, look at what the cayenne did for Porsche. As for the stock price... I do believe it is high, but I still wouldn't bet against it.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

I heard a story about one of thier cars catching fire on the higway a while ago as well.
    I thought Elon handled it pretty professionally and much like that of an aircraft TSB investigative approach, the most recent one in Mexico was the same thing, guy hit some debris at a high rate of speed (while drunk):

A curved section that fell off a semi-trailer was recovered from the roadway near where the accident occurred and, according to the road crew that was on the scene, appears to be the culprit. The geometry of the object caused a powerful lever action as it went under the car, punching upward and impaling the Model S with a peak force on the order of 25 tons. Only a force of this magnitude would be strong enough to punch a 3 inch diameter hole through the quarter inch armor plate protecting the base of the vehicle.
    ~
    It is important to note that the fire in the battery was contained to a small section near the front by the internal firewalls built into the pack structure. At no point did fire enter the passenger compartment.
    ~
    Had a conventional gasoline car encountered the same object on the highway, the result could have been far worse. A typical gasoline car only has a thin metal sheet protecting the underbody, leaving it vulnerable to destruction of the fuel supply lines or fuel tank, which causes a pool of gasoline to form and often burn the entire car to the ground. In contrast, the combustion energy of our battery pack is only about 10% of the energy contained in a gasoline tank and is divided into 16 modules with firewalls in between. As a consequence, the effective combustion potential is only about 1% that of the fuel in a comparable gasoline sedan.
    http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/model-s-fire
    Tesla also does well in Norway, but that is really because of their insane car taxes there:
    http://jalopnik.com/norwegians-are-b...the-1443079513

As well as top selling car in 8 of America's richest cities

I think they're off to a decent start so far.

My Ride
    Bicycle

3rd fire in 6 weeks.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/tesl...les-8C11553218

Lost another 7% @ $139.

My Ride
    Gets me to lease

Originally posted by Xtrema
    3rd fire in 6 weeks.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/tesl...les-8C11553218

Lost another 7% @ $139.
    Fed opens probe into Fires.

$120.
    On Sabbatical

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Looks like there is a bit of a bounce going on. Any predictions short and long term?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's hard to predict valuation based on human emotion, which is what's driving the majority of the value of Tesla stock.

More fires? Stock dives. More rich people praising Tesla? Stock bounces. That's my prediction.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-22-2019 at 12:40 PM.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

A 30% drop in two weeks

....and the house of cards finally starts to crumble
    House of cards is a bit extreme.

All modes of transportation will be powered by electricity in the future. Tesla is poised to lead that front.

The Model S is still considered one of the best cars ever made. There has been zero fatalities from occupants in a Model S, despite major collisions http://bit.ly/144lHzm . This car is built with space grade technology and could very well be the safest vehicle on the road, ever. The company is lead by a tech genius who is set to revolutionize not one, not two, not even three but 4 completely different industries.

In the short term, the stock is bound to bounce around, but long term, I'm putting my money on whatever Elon does.

My Ride
    BMW 335XI

Originally posted by supe

In the short term, the stock is bound to bounce around, but long term, I'm putting my money on whatever Elon does.
    I don't see that bounce coming around until another 50%+ drop. Another 5% shaved today.

House of cards is a bit extreme.

All modes of transportation will be powered by electricity in the future. Tesla is poised to lead that front.

The Model S is still considered one of the best cars ever made. There has been zero fatalities from occupants in a Model S, despite major collisions http://bit.ly/144lHzm . This car is built with space grade technology and could very well be the safest vehicle on the road, ever. The company is lead by a tech genius who is set to revolutionize not one, not two, not even three but 4 completely different industries.

but we're talking about valuation. Is Tesla a good company and is Elon a visionary? Sure. Problem is just because something is good doesn't give it infinite value. How much is Tesla worth is the question? It's obviously not worth $200/share. The valuation was and currently is insane. Doesn't mean it's not a good company.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by BigMass

but we're talking about valuation. Is Tesla a good company and is Elon a visionary? Sure. Problem is just because something is good doesn't give it infinite value. How much is Tesla worth is the question? It's obviously not worth $200/share. The valuation was and currently is insane. Doesn't mean it's not a good company.
    I understand we're talking valuation. I love hearing other peoples suggestions of valuation. I also understand there is a difference between Tesla and TSLA, but at the end of the day the two are still inextricably linked.

As for valuation, the company hit its target of 22% gross margin with a target of 25% in Q4. They are supply constrained with overwhelming global demand with next to zero marketing. They have the manufacturing plant, the know how, the leadership and the cash to develop and manufacture the gen 3 low cost EV that will sell in the hundreds of thousands. But of course before the gen 3 will come the model X suv. Remember what the Cayenne did for Porsche?

Is it worth $200 today... maybe not, but this is a growth stock, so maybe its worth $200 tomorrow? Two months from now? Two years?

I understand we're talking valuation. I love hearing other peoples suggestions of valuation. I also understand there is a difference between Tesla and TSLA, but at the end of the day the two are still inextricably linked.

As for valuation, the company hit its target of 22% gross margin with a target of 25% in Q4. They are supply constrained with overwhelming global demand with next to zero marketing. They have the manufacturing plant, the know how, the leadership and the cash to develop and manufacture the gen 3 low cost EV that will sell in the hundreds of thousands. But of course before the gen 3 will come the model X suv. Remember what the Cayenne did for Porsche?

Is it worth $200 today... maybe not, but this is a growth stock, so maybe its worth $200 tomorrow? Two months from now? Two years?
    depends on how you see their growth. If you think the company will be worth $200 in 3 years, do you pay $200 for it now? That would make no sense in terms of risk/reward. The markets are forward looking but currently the market is so overvalued that to find a real deal in a stock is next to impossible. The valuation pretty much means that the company basically NEEDS to hit it big or it's failure in terms of it's stock price. The risk/reward is just not there for me at this time is what i'm saying. Remember that the market thought this thing was worth $30 not too long ago. Then $180? You have to ask yourself, was that because of things nobody saw when it was at $30 or was it because Ben keeps pumping junk into the veins of the market?

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Tesla Consumer Reports satisfaction survey 99/100, this matches the Consumer Reports overall rating of 99.

http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-s-t...of-100-points/

According to Rage, more rich people praising Tesla.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Tesla Consumer Reports satisfaction survey 99/100, this matches the Consumer Reports overall rating of 99.

http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-s-t...of-100-points/

According to Rage, more rich people praising Tesla.
    Definately poor people in that review. The stock didn't rebound.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Missed this post.
    Care to make a friendly wager on that, on those conditions?

There are other technologies such as Hydrogen Fuel Cell that fixes a lot of issues that Electric Vehicles currently have, and is next to impossible to fix in the short term without a major breakthrough in electrical storage technologies. Even if it comes true, I don't believe Tesla will be at the forefront of EV in the upcoming years. See my scale post earlier.

The Concorde was the same, safest mode of air transportation. Until it crashed once which was enough to fuck the metrics because there weren't that many miles flown in the Concorde compared to all miles flown, becoming the most dangerous mode of air transport overnight.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My Ride
    Busa

Tesla isn’t a car company

Yes, I said it… they might be able to produce a couple of interesting models, but frankly they are just not any good at making money doing it and never will be.

The problem with these types of companies is eventually people start noticing that investor money is drying up, leaks of financial ruin start coming out and the stock basically tanks taking the company with it. This is more or less a pyramid scheme on a massive scale. Think Bre-X… hell, go look at a Bre-X chart and then compare it to Tesla.
    O.o

Wat? I want some of what you're smoking. You're not even on this planet.

My Ride
    Busa

It is a fact they don’t make money on cars, they make money by enticing investors and collecting carbon credits… it is fair to say that Tesla is not a car company.

No different than McDonalds… most people assume that McDonalds is in the business of fast food, when really they are in the business of real estate.

I refuse to get trolled on beyond. Nice try.

Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast