• 55 yrs old

6 3.61%
  • 60 yrs old or never

28 16.87%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll, how old when you plan to hit $1MM

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I think (inflation adjusted from $1mil currently to whatever it will be in the future) I'll be over that threshold at or around 55. I'm pretty content with that. I'm still a long ways off, but I like to think of it as a slow burn. No point accumulating cash for the sake of cash, you end up in the dirt regardless.

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

Originally posted by sputnik

You probably don't want to wait until you are 35 to find a woman...

As a 37 year old with single friends... its definitely a risky move.
    My gf right now is great, and even young and dumb, I can realize this. And I want a future with her. But anything can happen, and I question if monogamy can really still be a thing when the next best thing can be had in the touch of a screen thanks to social media.

There is next to no incentive for a man to get married anymore. The divorce rate in Alberta alone is enough to put me off, considering all you could potentially lose in that scenario, and it's not just about that, but if kids are thrown in the equation - it's just a terrible thing for everyone involved, and probably one of my greatest fears to put them through that, especially coming from a painful history with my own parents.

There's always lifting weights and driving cars. And lots of other things for self improvement and recreation that can fill the void without turning to hookers and blow.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Or World Financial Group.
    Sick of these pyramids. I don't care how much money they say I'll make, I'm not looking to hand them a bunch of referrals (money) for no reason. And the $500+ in start up fees to get started with them. What a joke.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by sputnik

You probably don't want to wait until you are 35 to find a woman...

As a 37 year old with single friends... its definitely a risky move.
    Yeah, but in a few years all the similar aged divorcee's, who took half their husbands portfolio's, will be on the market.

My Ride
    A Car or 2

Originally posted by Darkane

Is that right? Care to elaborate since you basically said this wasn't investment related?

Other than inventing or an app, this is difficult. Possible family connections into chosen field of work?
    I didn't say it wasn't investment related. I said it wasn't stock or lottery related. I also didn't have help from family either.

I chose to invest in real estate and business. I invested even more into learning/education in the first few years. If you don't invest in yourself why would anyone else?

There are a ton of different vehicles that can get you these types of results, but it starts with investing in a mindset and learning how successful people think.

Successful people ask questions and seek to understand, broke people make statements and seek to judge. This is a mindset. And hey, you are in control of changing it!

You guys are right that most people are looking for a hot tip, or real estate deal or some magical business opportunity and get suckered into giving up their money. The reason is they are expecting to get huge results with little or no work, and want it right now.

The best thing you can do is invest in your financial education, learn as much as you can, get around people who have actually had success and the lens you view the world will start to change. When your lens starts to change, you start to see opportunities.

And then it's just a matter of putting in work and exploiting the opportunities you have available.

So it makes no sense for me to share specifics of "you should go do this, or buy this" since everyone's skill set, mindset and resources are totally different. But I will share what I did:

I first when I had a regular job invested $25,000 into courses to learn real estate. Then I actually went out and applied what I learned, but still continued learning and going to more courses. And after consistent effort and hardwork over a period of years was able to achieve some pretty cool results.

Tips and tricks? Invest in yourself....and actually do what you learn from other successful people. There is no shortcut to getting results, and anyone who tries to tell you that is either lying to you or trying to sell you something.
    ----0-----

Tax return or it didn't happen.

Everyone is a millionaire on beyond, everyone works harder than the next guy on beyond, everyone had a fairy tale life of starting dirt poor and making it big.

Slowly unwind their stories and most of the time they are either BS/self deception and they are mortgaged and financed to the gills or they got into investments early because mommy and daddy gave them a 100k worth of investments to "teach them life skills". Like the money grows on family trees life skill
    Last edited by J-hop; 02-12-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Originally posted by J-hop

Everyone is a millionaire on beyond, everyone works harder than the next guy on beyond, everyone had a fairy tale life of starting dirt poor and making it big.

Slowly unwind their stories and most of the time they are either BS/self deception and they are mortgaged and financed to the gills or they got into investments early because mommy and daddy gave them a 100k worth of investments to "teach them life skills". Like the money grows on family trees life skill
    Everyone on beyond also feels the need to turn everything into a witch hunt. I still personally think this guy in some way has affiliation with WWDB as he used a lot of key words a friend of mine uses on me (who is also with WWDB).

BUT he has clearly put some time and effort into himself. Would proving him right or wrong in any way make you feel better? If so, perhaps it is you who should spend less time on here and begin to invest more time into developing yourself.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not ExtraSlow. He ain't no millionaire, and he sure didn't get to his current humble position without a bunch of help from people.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by vengie

Everyone on beyond also feels the need to turn everything into a witch hunt. I still personally think this guy in some way has affiliation with WWDB as he used a lot of key words a friend of mine uses on me (who is also with WWDB).

BUT he has clearly put some time and effort into himself. Would proving him right or wrong in any way make you feel better? If so, perhaps it is you who should spend less time on here and begin to invest more time into developing yourself.
    People that over simplify getting rich often either aren't rich or had some help getting there is all I'm getting at. Real self made rich people also don't go saying things like "look at me I hit 1mill at 27, you're broke sauce if you can't do the same" on Internet forums.

Being skeptical is healthy. 90% of the Mercs in Calgary are leased by people that could never afford to buy the car. But those people will tell you they're rich

Originally posted by BoostinAround
    1,000,000 is no big deal and can easily be done in a couple years
    I didn't say it wasn't investment related. I said it wasn't stock or lottery related. I also didn't have help from family either.

I chose to invest in real estate and business. I invested even more into learning/education in the first few years. If you don't invest in yourself why would anyone else?

There are a ton of different vehicles that can get you these types of results, but it starts with investing in a mindset and learning how successful people think.

Successful people ask questions and seek to understand, broke people make statements and seek to judge. This is a mindset. And hey, you are in control of changing it!

You guys are right that most people are looking for a hot tip, or real estate deal or some magical business opportunity and get suckered into giving up their money. The reason is they are expecting to get huge results with little or no work, and want it right now.

The best thing you can do is invest in your financial education, learn as much as you can, get around people who have actually had success and the lens you view the world will start to change. When your lens starts to change, you start to see opportunities.

And then it's just a matter of putting in work and exploiting the opportunities you have available.

So it makes no sense for me to share specifics of "you should go do this, or buy this" since everyone's skill set, mindset and resources are totally different. But I will share what I did:

I first when I had a regular job invested $25,000 into courses to learn real estate. Then I actually went out and applied what I learned, but still continued learning and going to more courses. And after consistent effort and hardwork over a period of years was able to achieve some pretty cool results.

Tips and tricks? Invest in yourself....and actually do what you learn from other successful people. There is no shortcut to getting results, and anyone who tries to tell you that is either lying to you or trying to sell you something.
    All of that in a "couple" of years and accomplished "easily". Amazing.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    ute

What did you guys think would happen to this thread? Lol

Originally posted by Buster
    What did you guys think would happen to this thread? Lol
    Make no mistake, this is exactly where I figured this thread would end up.

In the threads defence it's got a pretty decent spread.

- Hard work
    - Sound investments
    - Lottery
    - It's "easy" did it in a "couple" years
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Exploded.

People that over simplify getting rich often either aren't rich or had some help getting there is all I'm getting at. Real self made rich people also don't go saying things like "look at me I hit 1mill at 27, you're broke sauce if you can't do the same" on Internet forums.

Being skeptical is healthy. 90% of the Mercs in Calgary are leased by people that could never afford to buy the car. But those people will tell you they're rich
    Preaching to the choir. I've been reduced to eating Chinese SPAM and Mr. Noodles lmao.

My Ride
    A Car or 2

---------

Have you ever thought that maybe your limiting beliefs are what is holding you back? Do you really think that the only way to be successful is if parents help you or some magical thing happens. No wonder you are so negative! I would be negative too if I didn't believe I had the capacity to actually make changes in my life and everything was up to chance. I imagine it would feel kind of hopeless and make me angry.

You might want to invest a bit in some financial education because you seem confused on the difference between a tax return and net worth. A tax return shows the amount of money claimed in a single year, net worth is cumulative value of assets - liabilities. That's why in my first post I said cashflow is a better indicator of success than simply net worth.

You guys seem to have missed the most important part of what I said:

consistent effort and hard work over a period of years (Not days, or weeks, or months even....).

The concepts of getting rich really are simple, but that doesn't mean it is easy. The real sad fact is most people are not willing to change, not willing to take extra time and money to invest in themselves, not willing to give up bad habits, and not willing to actually go out there and put in action.

Also, being skeptical is good, but being cynical is not. The difference is skepticism is just a gap in information, but cynicism is trying to confirm negative biases.

And I also didn't say I didn't have help. In fact I had lots of help, and I didn't invent anything crazy or have a stroke of luck, just got around people who were a lot more successful than I was, pick their brain, and apply what I learned.

And I also agree that most people who buy new cars finance them or lease them because they haven't been disciplined enough to save up enough cash to purchase a vehicle cash.

From the Calgary Economic Development board they say that (These were 2010 numbers) 1 / 692 people are millionaires, so by default with 335,148 members on beyond that should be approx 485 people on this forum who are. Does that really seem so crazy to you?

If you work on your mindset, educate yourself in the right direction and be willing to make changes in your habits and life, you might see that it is possible in your life too.
    ----0-----

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

From the Calgary Economic Development board they say that (These were 2010 numbers) 1 / 692 people are millionaires, so by default with 335,148 members on beyond that should be approx 485 people on this forum who are. Does that really seem so crazy to you?.
    Do you really think there are 335,148 individual users on beyond?

Last edited by blindsight; 03-08-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Have you ever thought that maybe your limiting beliefs are what is holding you back? Do you really think that the only way to be successful is if parents help you or some magical thing happens. No wonder you are so negative! I would be negative too if I didn't believe I had the capacity to actually make changes in my life and everything was up to chance. I imagine it would feel kind of hopeless and make me angry.

You might want to invest a bit in some financial education because you seem confused on the difference between a tax return and net worth. A tax return shows the amount of money claimed in a single year, net worth is cumulative value of assets - liabilities. That's why in my first post I said cashflow is a better indicator of success than simply net worth.

You guys seem to have missed the most important part of what I said:

consistent effort and hard work over a period of years (Not days, or weeks, or months even....).

The concepts of getting rich really are simple, but that doesn't mean it is easy. The real sad fact is most people are not willing to change, not willing to take extra time and money to invest in themselves, not willing to give up bad habits, and not willing to actually go out there and put in action.

Also, being skeptical is good, but being cynical is not. The difference is skepticism is just a gap in information, but cynicism is trying to confirm negative biases.

And I also didn't say I didn't have help. In fact I had lots of help, and I didn't invent anything crazy or have a stroke of luck, just got around people who were a lot more successful than I was, pick their brain, and apply what I learned.

And I also agree that most people who buy new cars finance them or lease them because they haven't been disciplined enough to save up enough cash to purchase a vehicle cash.

From the Calgary Economic Development board they say that (These were 2010 numbers) 1 / 692 people are millionaires, so by default with 335,148 members on beyond that should be approx 485 people on this forum who are. Does that really seem so crazy to you?

If you work on your mindset, educate yourself in the right direction and be willing to make changes in your habits and life, you might see that it is possible in your life too.

Huh...who knew we had Tom Vu on beyond?!!

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by flipstah
    Preaching to the choir. I've been reduced to eating Chinese SPAM and Mr. Noodles lmao.
    No shame in that, it's a nice benz man. But aren't you a foodie lol

1,000,000 is no big deal and can easily be done in a couple years
    The concepts of getting rich really are simple, but that doesn't mean it is easy.
    Um...........
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    ute

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Um...........
    Buy low! Sell high!

Originally posted by Buster
    Buy low! Sell high!
    #easynoteasy
    Toma the homophobe?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast