Quantcast
What to see, do and shop in Pheonix? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to see, do and shop in Pheonix?

Default What to see, do and shop in Pheonix?

Hey Beyond,

I am hitting Pheonix at the end of the week (Friday to Wednesday). Can you guys give me some pointers as what to check out in the way of outlet shopping/malls and sight seeing? As I am heading down on business with a few guys from work, any suggestions for the evenings as in night/strip clubs?

I always end up in Tucson for work, so I don't have a whole lot of advice. Except... a buddy of mine just did this:

http://www.fightercombat.com/

And he is still smiling from ear to ear from the experience.

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

I would hit a hockey, basketball or football game.

While you are there:

Phoenix Suns vs. Indiana Pacers (ON THE 3rd at 1900hrs.)

On your other days:

Arizona Cardinals vs. St. Louis Rams

Phoenix Coyotes vs. Florida Panthers

Cart racing and high speed driving school:
    http://www.bondurant.com/high_perfor...hool/index.php
    Last edited by Muji; 11-30-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks for the tips guys, keep em commin!

Phenix offers many attractions. Some of the famous attractions here are:
    Heard Museum, Musical Instrument Museum and Children's museum
    Castles and Coasters park, Papago park, South Mountain Park
    Water Park
    Camelback Mountain if you like hiking
    Mystery castle

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

What area are you staying in? Phoenix is MASSIVE...

Scottsdale is where you should hope to be.

Fashion Square is a high-end mall there full of hotties and milfs... not so much on the outlet pricing scale though.

Old Town Scottsdale (very close to Fashion Square) is the main nightlife district and again, full of hotties. Beware though, I've never seen such a douch-fest in my life.

Taking in a game is a great idea, but plan ahead... The first time I went to a Cardinal's game I thought I'd just jump in a cab so I could have a few at the game... Wrong. I found out it would have been ~$100 each way, so that ruled the cab out. Also, the drive back took 3X as long as the drive there due to traffic.

Also know that ticket scalping is legal in AZ. DO NOT PAY FACE VALUE for your tickets. At the Cardinal's Stadium, there's a designated "ticket reseller area" and most of the time I've got tickets for roughly half price. There are lots to choose from and usually lots of negotiation in price, so don't just take the first seats offered to you. Also, the seating is a very gradual rise... try to get lower bowl seats but in the higher rows for a better view of the field. If you go to a Coyotes game, you should be able to have your pick of seats in the house...

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Arizona Mills is probably the best outlet mall, or I think anthem has one but it is not that great anymore as a lot of stores packed up during the recession.

My Ride
    06 WRX

Golf for sure. Tons of great courses. Use www.golfnow.com to get discounted rates at virtually any course. Lots of great courses, so pick a close one.

If you get a day off, Sedona isn't far and has some great hiking trails in the area. The red rocks are crazy. The Grand Canyon is do-able in a day as well, but will be a long day in the car. That said, the Grand Canyon is one of the few sites I've seen where the experience completely blew away my expectations.

My Ride
    Hatred

Check out the Tilted Kilt while you're there.
    -U

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Check out Mill ave when you are down lots of cool shops, restuarants, and bars. Plus its close to ASU so lots of hot women are always out. For a casual day you could try a hike in the Camelback mountains too.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    G6

Figured I'd resurrect the old one instead of making my own. Heading to Phoenix for the weekend with a friend. Was hoping for some input:
    (1) Gonna do the Grand Canyon prolly. Some of you have indicated it's worth it. What's the fastest way there? How's the po-po situation? I'm bringing my radar detector for sure.
    (2) Good bars/clubs in Scottsdale with younger chicks. My friend who I'm travelling with has a boyfriend, but I'm single, so I'll be prowlin'.
    (3) General cool stuff to do during the day time. All the sports seasons are done, likely won't be golfing (friend does not know how).
    (4) How's the taxi situation? I've heard brutal stories and am a bit worried as we're staying in Mesa and plan to cab to Scottsdale to the bars.

Originally posted by Feruk
    Figured I'd resurrect the old one instead of making my own. Heading to Phoenix for the weekend with a friend. Was hoping for some input:
    (1) Gonna do the Grand Canyon prolly. Some of you have indicated it's worth it. What's the fastest way there? How's the po-po situation? I'm bringing my radar detector for sure.
    (2) Good bars/clubs in Scottsdale with younger chicks. My friend who I'm travelling with has a boyfriend, but I'm single, so I'll be prowlin'.
    (3) General cool stuff to do during the day time. All the sports seasons are done, likely won't be golfing (friend does not know how).
    (4) How's the taxi situation? I've heard brutal stories and am a bit worried as we're staying in Mesa and plan to cab to Scottsdale to the bars.
    Grand Canyon is kind of a one road deal to get there. Not really suitable for speeding and you won't want to. Expect lots of tourists there and RV's.

Bars and clubs have been covered.

Have you looked at the temp? I was just down there... you lounge by the pool and go for a swim to cool off a little. Anything outside unless its a water slide park, is probably not gonna happen unless you're up at 5am to get a round of golf in.
    Its 20*c at 8:30am.
    I stay in Mesa too... go to Tempe... Mill Ave has some bars and shops there by ASU, its pretty close even to cab it. Not as busy though since school is out. Hit the happy hours for sure.
    Also Tempe Marketplace for some shopping... It's pretty decent there... Quicksilver, VS, Rip Curl, Tilly's, etc. etc.
    Arizona Mills is also good too. Anthem has too many places going out of business there and its all the same garbage usually. But maybe I'm just jaded from going there too many times?!? Its about 1hr away from Mesa.

Scottsdale isn't the be all and end all when it comes to Phoenix. The Fashion Mall is decent and Old Scottsdale is good but there's lots of other places too.

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by Unknown303
    Check out the Tilted Kilt while you're there.
    This guy seems to know what he's talking about.
    -U

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Yeah definetly spend an afternoon/night in old scottsdale. (Last time I was at Martini ranch) And that cab ride shouldn't be too bad depending on how far into Mesa your staying. The city is so spread out though that it can add up pretty fast though....I paid 45 bucks to go from Suprise to Glendale (arena district) which is considered pretty close.

Speaking of which, spend a day/night at Glendale if you can. The hockey arena and Cardinals stadium are surrounded by shopping, restarunts and night clubs.

Also if your driving check out Cave Creek on your way in or out of the city. Pretty cool town kinda similar to our version of Bragg Creek only bigger. Great place to get fresh fried chicken is called "the horny toad" out there. There is also the Arizona Mills outlet malls on the way out there.

And be prepared for the heat, plus 45 can get pretty damn dangerous so make sure your always travelling with lots of bottle water esspecially on the highway.

My Ride
    STi

Too bad your friends don't golf... Phoenix is supposed to have some pretty nice courses and for fairly cheap from what I hear.

I was going to go to Phoenix this year so I made up a list of things to do but we ended up not going this year.

Scottsdale Fashion Square/shopping
    Grand Canyon
    The Phoenix Zoo
    Old Town's Farmer Market
    Sonoran Desert
    Golfing
    Out of Africa Wildlife Park
    McDowell Sonoran Conservancy
    Old Town Scottsdale
    Sedona
    Scottsdale Waterfront
    Downtown Scottsdale Arts Districts & ArtWalk
    Scottsdale Arts Festival
    Desert Botanical Gardens
    Camelback Mountain
    Scottsdale Stadium
    LocalMotion Cultural Trolley Tours
    NASCAR Races

Groupon for 51% Off Water-Park Admission in Tempe today.

If anyone is going down there with kids, worth checking this out maybe.

My Ride
    V8s

There's a place off Cave Creek road thats a redneck bar, and they have live professional bull riding there. I was there in May and it was pretty darn sweet.

I don't recall the name, but if its important I can try to find out.

Bump

Going to Scottsdale tomorrow if anyone has any suggestions.

im looking for a place to stay and saw the Arizona Resort.. place has its own waterpark only problem is that its 200+ a night.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast