Quantcast
Mario's Lottery Groups - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario's Lottery Groups

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Mario

Why does it SEEM to be more older (over age 50+) jackpot winners than younger players? You know in those jackpot claims photos, they are mostly grandparents.

What age group spends the most on lotto tickets? Male/female?

Good to see a gambling expert here, you into slot machines?
    I do not know the demographics of lottery players. It does appear older players play more though.

I never play slot machines but having worked in the business, I know how they work and the best strategy for winning.

Good luck.

There is a good chance the Lotto 649 jackpot will be at least $21 million for the Wednesday, October 2 draw. If that happens, there will be a large group play for the draw. The cost to join the group play for just the October 2 draw is $10 per group. There are a total of 10 groups involved, so the cost to join all 10 groups is $100. Each group is limited to a maximum of 40 shares and so each share can win just over $0.5 million. If you want to win at least $1 million or more, you have the option to buy multiple shares in a single group.

We will probably spend about $3,000 on the draw.

Good luck.

My Ride
    Kia Sportage

A close friends dad once told me the lottery was "tax for stupid people"

I kinda agree with him. Especially with in the USA with all their ridiculous tax laws.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

interesting topic, what's the largest prize your group has ever won?
    Life is a Gamble.

Originally posted by bubbley
    interesting topic, what's the largest prize your group has ever won?
    The most we won on a single draw is $14,000. We won between $5,000 and $10,000 a few times.

Good luck.

Mario,

You may not know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway

If you win a jackpot, are you legally bound to get your picture taken, and have it publicly displayed along with your name?

Given that you never signed anything when purchasing the ticket, I think not. I know you have to sign that you received the cheque, but that should be all. You've legally won the jackpot, so they can't force you to agree to stipulations before you receive the cheque.

Furthermore, it could be argued that by publicly displaying ones picture and name, puts them at great personal risk.

Originally posted by Seth1968
    Mario,

You may not know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway

If you win a jackpot, are you legally bound to get your picture taken, and have it publicly displayed along with your name?

Given that you never signed anything when purchasing the ticket, I think not. I know you have to sign that you received the cheque, but that should be all. You've legally won the jackpot, so they can't force you to agree to stipulations before you receive the cheque.

Furthermore, it could be argued that by publicly displaying ones picture and name, puts them at great personal risk.
    I will look that up. I am curious also. I do know they have the right to post your name and city of residence but not sure about the picture.

Supposedly you have agreed to those rules when you bought the ticket. That is posted in the game rules.

If you are willing to go to the effort, you can form a trust and have the trust claim the ticket. An officer of the trust (other than yourself) can present the winning ticket and process the claim.

Originally posted by Mario38

I will look that up. I am curious also. I do know they have the right to post your name and city of residence but not sure about the picture.

Supposedly you have agreed to those rules when you bought the ticket. That is posted in the game rules.

If you are willing to go to the effort, you can form a trust and have the trust claim the ticket. An officer of the trust (other than yourself) can present the winning ticket and process the claim.
    Ok thanks.

In addition, why would they want to post your name / pic? It's not like it's going to increase their profit.

Once your name and picture is posted, I'm willing to bet (lol) that the harassment for money would be emotionally overwhelming. It also leaves one open to be a victim of criminals. For example, "We've got your daughter, now give us a million".

If things like that occurred, and you opposed the posting of your name and picture, I wonder if you could successfully sue the lottery corporation?

Ah damn. Sorry for going off topic.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Ok thanks.

In addition, why would they want to post your name / pic? It's not like it's going to increase their profit.

Once your name and picture is posted, I'm willing to bet (lol) that the harassment for money would be emotionally overwhelming. It also leaves one open to be a victim of criminals. For example, "We've got your daughter, now give us a million".

If things like that occurred, and you opposed the posting of your name and picture, I wonder if you could successfully sue the lottery corporation?

Ah damn. Sorry for going off topic.
    how is this any different than making the salaries and bonuses of execs of publicly held companies public?

Here is the official answer from the Western Canada Lottery Corporation website:

Q: If I win a major prize, do I need to have my picture taken?

A: Yes. Under WCLC Rules and Regulations, the Corporation has no obligation to pay a prize unless the winner gives WCLC the right to publish the winner's name, city or town of residence and/or recent photograph. Names and photographs of major lottery winners are publicized to protect the integrity of the games – it verifies that prizes are won and shows that winners come from every walk of life.

So if you want to protect your identity, you will have to use a trust or "sell" the ticket to a person who will act on your behalf.

I would be willing to claim your tickets for a small fee.
    Last edited by Mario38; 09-26-2013 at 10:49 AM.

^^ Beat me to it.

Originally posted by ercchry

how is this any different than making the salaries and bonuses of execs of publicly held companies public?
    If they aren't receiving public funds, then is a private company required to publicly post that information?

If so, it shouldn't be.

Originally posted by Mario38
    Here is the official answer from the Western Canada Lottery Corporation website:

Q: If I win a major prize, do I need to have my picture taken?

A: Yes. Under WCLC Rules and Regulations, the Corporation has no obligation to pay a prize unless the winner gives WCLC the right to publish the winner's name, city or town of residence and/or recent photograph. Names and photographs of major lottery winners are publicized to protect the integrity of the games – it verifies that prizes are won and shows that winners come from every walk of life.
    It's hard to believe that's legal.

Names and photographs of major lottery winners are publicized to protect the integrity of the games –
    Wow. Such bullshit.

They're doing it for exposure, at the expense of personal safety.

it shows that winners come from every walk of life.
    Lol. They're even letting hobos play. What is this world coming to?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

If they aren't receiving public funds, then is a private company required to publicly post that information?

If so, it shouldn't be.
    public as in... publicly traded. not tax payer's money

also celebrities... pro athletes...

if someone is going to be a target due to their money... its not going to be a no one lotto winner in canada

The $15 million Lotto Max jackpot for the September 27 draw was not won and is a minimum $20 million for the next draw. Sales of $23.1 million were 39% lower than average and 2% higher than the previous draw. There was a 85% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 14% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 1% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was a very low 30%. The jackpot was under funded from sales by $2.2 million.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Mario, can you clarify what you mean by "the jackpot was underfunded from sales by $x million"

Are you saying that IF the jackpot had been won, and most of the other prize levels as well, that they lottery corp would have lost money that draw?
    Since they know that a large number of the jackpots aren't won, isn't that a kind of useless and misleading statistic? Or does it mean something else?

Clearly the lottery corp isn't losing money on average.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

It's hard to believe that's legal.

Wow. Such bullshit.

They're doing it for exposure, at the expense of personal safety.

It's right in the rules that you agree to when you buy the ticket. Don't like it, don't play. Or have someone else claim the prize.

Then if you're so concerned, change your phone number and move. Not like you couldn't afford it.

And it's not announced on the news with your name and city. It appears on the lotto website and you have to hunt for it.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Mario, can you clarify what you mean by "the jackpot was underfunded from sales by $x million"

Are you saying that IF the jackpot had been won, and most of the other prize levels as well, that they lottery corp would have lost money that draw?
    Since they know that a large number of the jackpots aren't won, isn't that a kind of useless and misleading statistic? Or does it mean something else?

Clearly the lottery corp isn't losing money on average.
    If the jackpot was won, then the lottery corps would have to add the $x amount to the jackpot not covered from sales. It does not mean they have lost money. They never lose money. The money they had to add, comes indirectly from sales. It is money set aside from previous sales and money never claimed (tickets expire after 1 year).

The $17 million Lotto 649 jackpot for the September 28 draw was not won and is a minimum $21 million for the next draw. Sales of $22.4 million were 29% higher than the average for the $2 version of the game and 17% higher than the previous draw. There was a 59% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 31% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 10% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was an above average 58%. The jackpot was fully funded from sales.

The 10 regular groups are buying at least $2,500 worth of tickets for the October 2 Lotto 649 draw. The jackpot is a minimum $21 million.

The cost to join a single group for just the next is draw is $10. The cost to join all 10 groups is $100.

There are several payment options included Interac (email money transfer).

Click the www button at the bottom of the post to read all details on how the group are organized.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast