Quantcast
Official Reviews Thread for Jordan Lotoski/ReMax Realty Professionals - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Reviews Thread for Jordan Lotoski/ReMax Realty Professionals

My Ride
    Skateboard

Default Selling and Buying with Jordan Lotoski

I told JLo that I would write up a review after we get our new place but since someone bumped this thread I'll do one now. I'll write another one after we get possession since he is also helping us with the build aswell.

Selling:
    I pm'd Jordan here a couple of months ago and laid out our intentions on selling and upgrading into something more substantial. He replied really quickly and we set up a meet at my house the following weekend. Our meeting was at noon and at about 11:45 am he emails me asking if I would like a Starbucks coffee. This small gesture was very impressive to us as it shows he is very thoughtful and caring. First impressions of him was hipster!!! but in a very good sense. He was very well dressed, personable and had a super cool, laid back, calm aura about him.

He walked us thru every room of our house and specifically told us what to do and what not to do to stage our house to maximize the value. He gave us a week and said he will be back to go over the clean up and if it passes he will get his photographer to come take pictures. In the end the pictures of the house speaks for themselve. The wife didn't want to sell after the overhaul

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

Listed on a Wednesday but we were going on vacation on the Saturday. He sensed my urgency to get it sold before we left so it doesn't hang over my head while we are away with limited access to email and phone. Since we have never sold a house before he gave us heads up on what to expect and not to jump of the first offer that comes in. When the first offer did come in at 685K he said we don't even have to counter with that since it was only 2nd day of listing. I really liked this about Jordan. A lot of realtors would just push the sale through because 15K less on the price is only a couple hundred less split 2 ways on the commission and they get over with and move on to the next house. I actually insisted that we put in a counter offer of 698K in which he kindly did because at all times he made it clear that he worked for us. The buyer accepted on condition of home inspection and financing. We left on vacation with the inspection and waiver to happen while we were away.

As expected a few items came back from the home inspection (roof and parging). I don't know what magic Jordan pulled but the buyer and agent agreed to waiver with no conditions. Jordan sent me this while I was away

To add on top of this he was actually sick in bed when he sold our house Great work ethics for sure.

Buying:
    Told him about our budget and criteria for what where were looking for. He booked a few showings for us and basically ripped apart these home homes. He kept saying he's a terrible realtor because he tells the truth more often than he should. You can tell he has seen his fair share of homes because he said for the price of this house it should have this, this and that but it doesn't. We ended up using him to help us build our home....
    Last edited by JordanLotoski; 06-03-2014 at 11:39 AM.

My Ride
    1993 Toyota Supra RZ, 1989 Toyota Corolla DX

Recently I referred my parents to Jordan to sell their house because I know he is successful at what he does. They interviewed four agents and picked Jordan. They are extremely happy with their choice. They had other agents in the past that were bottom feeders. Jordan is a true class act. He was immediately available to any concerns and kept them in the loop with everything. He had a great brochure representing the house and outstanding photography. There was never a time that they felt Jordan wasn't doing every thing in his power to get the absolute most for the property possible. They will definitely use Jordan again.

Just finished buying a rental property in Auburn Bay with Jordan. He was absolutely top notch. He walked us through the whole process, was present for all the showing for prospective renters, and made sure we had all the paper work for the rental process. I couldn't recommend Jordan enough. If you are looking to buy rental properties, I wouldn't dream of working with anyone else. Looking forward to working again with Jordan soon.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Just fininishing up moving in to the new place so i'd figured this would be a good time to make due on my promise and write up a review for Jordan.

Jordan was truly a class act from start to finish. We first decided to contact Jordan after the great reviews that he has here. He responded quickly to my PM's off Beyond and text messages/emails after we sat down and talked face to face about our plans/wants/needs. We were looking to moving close to the city center from our house place in Panorama Hills and we were unsure whether or not to sell our place first or purchase a new place first.

Jordan suggested that we start looking for a new place first and then sell our place afterwards as he wanted to make sure that we found a place that we really liked first. We were worried about not being able to sell our place if we bought first, but Jordan assured us that it wouldnt be a problem.

During the search for the new home, we went to around 8-10 homes in the first 3 or so weeks of our search. Jordan was very honest of his opinion of each place (some places where we really liked the interior finishings/lot size etc. but Jordan said we could get a better deal for our price point and were better off waiting) and was very patient with us with our search and didnt pressure/rush us at all to buy.

Jordan tipped us off on the place we ended up purchasing even before it was released on the market. Another realtor on his facebook feed posted pictures of an upcoming property and Jordan immediately gave us an email saying that a place that matched our requirements exactly was coming up on the market and that we should book a viewing immediately. Upon taking a look at the house we agreed that it was the one and Jordan made sure we got as much as we could with the purchase of the house during the offer/negotiation process.

Next came the sale of our current place. At this time we were quite worried at the proposition of carrying two mortgages if we couldn't sell our current place. Jordan was calm and confident and assured us that he wouldnt have a problem selling our place within 30 days. He did a walkthough of the house and made suggestions on how to stage the home better by adding art/furniture. We werent very fond of the idea of buying art for a place that we would not be living in for much longer so Jordan graciously lent us a few pieces of extra art he had to help stage the place. Our house sold for over list after the second day on the market and Jordan kept us informed and up to date throughout the whole process.

Jordan made sure that from buying, selling and all the way to possession that we were happy and well taken care of. I know that for any future real estate needs I will be using Jordan for sure and I can see why he has such positive reviews here on Beyond.

Thanks Jordan!
    Last edited by A2VR6; 06-10-2015 at 06:25 PM.

My Ride
    lots

Ok so my review on Jordan,

I contacted him after reading so many positive reviews on this site. At first we weren't sure if we wanted to sell or renovate so I really just wanted to pick his brain on thoughts about what we should do.
    We chatted and set up a time for him to come over and chat and check out the house. We chatted about the pros and cons of our current house and area and about what we were looking for in a neighbour hood.

This was all around the end of November and he told us to think about it and to check out some homes in a few areas including mahogany. Once we checked out mahogany we were sold. We decided to buy a house and sell ours. The next 2 weeks after Christmas were a total whirlwind. We had some furniture to buy for staging/art work/painting of parts of the house.

All said and done they looked stunning and all that hard work and effort paid off and our house sold in less than a week and for 99% of our asking price. Not only that but he suggested we listed it higher than what my wife and myself were thing and he still sold it in a matter of days.

None of it would have been possible without the help and expertise of Jordan. I can't say enough great things about him.

And the best part about the whole experience was probably the communication, he was always available and always made you feel like you were his only client in the world.

Originally posted by JAYMEZ

He basically tells you what to do and then slaps you if you say no ..

But no great help man , I seriously have no clue on what the hell I am doing.
    This I can attest to. However at least he knows what he's talkin about. Lol

Only downside was that he became the Cambridge rep AFTER we bought our house with them. Although he did do some negotiating with them for us.

P.s can't wait for my ride in The hurcan.

Don't worry Tim I will have a review for you too soon.
    CHEVROLET= Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

Finally took possession of our new place today, and I figured I'd take a quick minute to write a review on Jordan and his help in finding our first place.

Let me start with the fact that we looked in 6 different communities at different condos/townhouses/and maybe even accidentally looked at a retirement home! lol. Jordan was always on time, very professional, and also EXTREMELY helpful in showing you the ins/outs of a place.

After going back and forth for a couple of weeks, we finally found our place. Made our offer, and we were totally willing to walk away over $2500 on the purchase price. Jordan was always on top of things, letting us know what was going on.

This being my first home purchase means I don't really have anything to base it off of; but the fact of the matter is I'm always going to be using Jordan when I'm buying selling a house. He's definitely made a customer for life!!!

Been in my house for 3 weeks now so time to write a review for Jordan. Not much to say that hasn't already been said for the past x years on here... the dude is an absolute professional. First time buying a house and he walked me through everything end to end.

I think one of the best things is response time. Send him an email, txt, whatever, and he will get back to you fast. Like scary fast. Even if he's out for dinner or on vacation or something.

He knows the market, knows what to look for, has connections for all trades, and will be honest and transparent with you every step of the way.

I would definitely recommend Jordan to anyone, hands down.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Finally settled into my new home so I can get to my review. I have had the pleasure of knowing Jordan for 15 years back to the import car scene days. I have previously sold 2 properties with Jordan and when the decision was made to sell my latest property, my first and only call was to Jordan. Before I get too far into my review, my wife and I went to "take a look" at new properties and low and behold we found a perfect house on a cul de sac that we had to have. So here I am in a position where I have purchased a new home and haven't even posted my current house for sale yet (let this be a lesson to NOT do this!!) Our possession date was 40 days away. I tell this predicament to Jordan and he was immediately up to the challenge as paying two mortgages is just not an option for us. Within 24 hours, Jordan is on our front step with his photographer taking a look and getting pictures done. We discuss the details and have the house listed soon after.

Immediately we get showings.. a lot of showings. We are averaging 2 a day in a tough market. During this time, any questions and concerns I had were immediately responded to. He is insanely fast with reply times. I was able to reach him at any time at any place. He took my calls while he was on vacation and that is pretty damn hard to find these days. A few weeks go by and Jordan informs me that an offer is coming in. My wife and I are super excited as we are getting closer and closer to our possession date on our new property and every day brings more anxiety. Unfortunately the offer was FAR below what I was asking but we are in a tough spot so we had to take it into consideration. This is where Jordans professionalism really stuck out for me. Realtors are paid when they sell a house. Jordans direct words to me were " you have hired me to get you top dollar for your house. This offer is not top dollar and I will get you more money for your house". This was a VERY stressful situation for us as this was an opportunity for us to sell our place and move forward or wait it out and potentially not sell before our new possession. The wife and I talked for a while and decided to take Jordans advice. (this conversation with Jordan was super late at night as well. Great to have a realtor who works 24/7 for you.) I let Jordan know what our selling point was and he went to work with it. Within a week we had another offer and Jordan worked out another $7000.00 more than the previous offer. Not only did we have our place sold, but Jordan got us MORE than my selling point number that I had given him.

The guy is a beast, plain and simple. He took all my anxious/stressful calls in stride and provided me with real, helpful answers. He is honest and on point. If you want someone who will get the job done and provide you with a real service along the way, Jordan is the only realtor you need to call. We had some difficulty with the lawyers and the bank regarding our new property as information between the 2 was not the best. I contacted Jordan and he called the banks for me and made sure everything was correct. He took a lot off my plate and made a difficult and stressful time much easier with his connections and industry knowledge. Nothing but 5 stars from me!
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    2014 Lexus IS250

My review of Jordan.

Just finished selling my house with Jordan. What can I say? The guy is a gem!

From the very get go we were blown away by his professionalism and honesty. In this tough real estate market he made my wife and I feel like we were his only clients. He has an eye for home décor and made our home look like a million bucks. His attention to detail is like no one I have seen. Using what we had, he transformed our home into an amazing show home. Even my wife and I wondered if we should move!

The thing that really puts Jordan apart from any other realtor I have ever worked with was on buying side of things. The first day we went to look at homes he really honed in on what we were looking for. He stopped us from looking at some places and showed us ones that fit our needs. And here is the kicker…we ended up buying a home directly from a developer that was not on MLS – and even though Jordan had nothing to gain on this transaction he helped me through negotiating and working the deal.

Jordan’s prompt responses, honest feedback, and long hours really paid off to get us top dollar for our home. Early morning or late at night, this guy was always on the ball – he was our real estate emotional coach – helping us work through the roller coaster that goes with selling in this market.

He truly has his clients interest at the very top of his mind. My regard for him as a professional and now as a friend is through the roof.

If anyone is considering buying / selling a home, Jordan should be the first and only person you talk to.

Imran

My Ride
    2014 J150 1UR-FE

Outstanding service from a stand-up guy.

I signed up to receive a market update email from Jordan which was sent promptly. Jordan then followed up to see what my current situation was and how he could help. A few days later, after deciding to terminate the contract my wife and I had with the previous agent, I contacted Jordan via email to set up a phone call later that evening. He responded very quickly and we set up a time to discuss my situation. When we spoke, Jordan had researched my condo and the surrounding area he asked why I terminated the previous contract and offered his honest opinion of the listing. After explaining the disappointing and unprofessional experience my wife and I had previously, Jordan asked to see our unit and offered an opinion on how we might improve it with minor lighting changes and decoration for minimal cost. We were able to set up a meeting the very next day.

When I met with Jordan in person, he was very professional, punctual, honest and straight forward with me. He already knew the property and its amenities and had a strategy in mind. He showed me how to make the unit more attractive and what it would cost to do it and didn’t try to upsell me on staging or other services. He told me we could get new photo’s taken by his professional real estate photographer and knew what pricing would be effective in the current market conditions for the size of the unit, location and how he would market it privately and to the public.

Given that we had just moved to a newly built condo in the same neighborhood, Jordan asked if I would consider renting rather than selling. I hadn’t given renting much thought but I told him what the monthly expenses were and he showed me current rental rates in the area which would more than cover the expenses. Jordan told me that I would be crazy to sell as he has clients that would love to be in my position having bought several years ago at a low price. He showed me that I could get a decent profit each month while waiting for the resale market to improve and I could decide later if I wanted to continue to rent or sell it.

I expressed some concern for becoming a landlord as I had never been a landlord before or even a renter and he assured me that for a first time landlord, a condo in a high rise wouldn’t be difficult to handle. He then gave me all the tools to list it for rent and lots of helpful tips on what to offer, what to look for in a tenant, what to stay away from, how to stand out a bit from the rest of the inventory on the market and offered to help advertise the rental listing.

Bottom line, Jordan went above and beyond to help me even though he knew that he was not going to benefit from it. I can’t thank him enough, and can’t say enough good things about him, his knowledge, experience, professionalism and customer care are unmatched. I would not hesitate to recommend Jordan to anyone and everyone looking to transact real estate and I personally will be a loyal customer for life.

I thought I left a review, but I guess I didn't. Jordan is truly a professional. He helped my SO and I throughout the build process of our home and we ended up with a beautiful home with awesome finishes. From beginning to end, any questions were answered within moments.

I would definitely recommend Jordan for any real estate transactions.

Thanks so much Jordan!

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

All settled in now, so I should leave my own review.

Went to Jordan back in September after I decided that I was finally ready for "serious" house hunting. After the reviews here, I didn't consider working with anyone else.

We wound up looking at 16 or so potential houses over the course of two months and for each and every one, Jordan had done research and knew of future developments in the area that would be detrimental to the value. The house that I wound up making an offer on was one he had found for me outside of the looking I was doing on MLS.

We wrote an offer right after the viewing and Jordan wrote a very tight closing time on the offer, considering it was Saturday and Halloween; which made me a bit nervous, but it worked out. They accepted our offer and even though there was some modification to the terms, he and his team worked until about 1030 that night to get it signed.

Excellent communication the whole time, even on weekend and after hours and after possession. He was able to walk me through the entire process since I had never bought a house before.

Next time I buy or sell, Jordan will be the only call for me. And hopefully for the people I recommend him to.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Thanks again for all the great reviews.Its a pleasure working with all of you.

I will be rolling out an intagram contest for all beyonders this spring, which will involve a great prize...Stay tuned

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    G05

What can I say? I remember the days when Jordan was with Maxwell when I first used him, now he is a hot shot realtor with his Lambo . I have used Jordan in building, selling and buying side. Jordan is definitely a top notch realtor. I’ve used him in a few real estate transactions and he has never failed to deliver. In the fall we were contemplating about upgrading and building a new house. He was already shopping around for other clients in the area and told us that this specific layout was the best use of space and best value as well. After doing our own quick research, he was correct and we signed the paperwork. Jordan went above and beyond, he came to our interior selections and lighting appointment. He also gave recommendations on where to put our money for resale (but… damn he has expensive taste). In addition, he provided insights on themes (modern, contemporary and transition style) and made sure it didn’t clash.

Finally, it came down to selling. As we know people keep saying how crappy and slow the market was. Jordan’s professionalism was valued. He provided tips staging, fantastic photography, and the great marketing /connections paid off. It was the first showing, first day on the market and over 99% of our asking price. This is actually the second time he has conditionally sold a property for us in less than a week. I recommend my wife (gf at the time) to use Jordan to sell her property – if you ask her (she would be super anti realtors and bash them to the max). After using Jordan she swears by Jordan only and keeps saying “all the other realtors suck and Jordan knows what he is doing”. We both have recommend either friends, co-workers, or clients of ours to use Jordan as well.

I’d highly recommend anyone buying, selling or building to speak with Jordan as he provides tremendous value and great opinions. Thanks again Jordan
    Hopefully, I will stay put for a number of years now ahaha

Ps. Where's my referral dinner

My Ride
    ute

I really should start a new thread, but this looks like the right place.

TL;DR to start: Jordan did an amazing job, was a pleasure to work with, and was the first real estate agent that I have been impressed with. Ever.

Long version:

I had my eye on our (now current) house for some time. Almost a year. Off and on the market. Finally, they capitulated and dropped the price to where I thought it was reasonable, and I moved into action to acquire the new property. I engaged a realtor local to use, who has a significant portion of the market in our old area. I probably shouldn't bismirch his name in Jordan's review thread.

Our experience wasn’t great, you can find out why in some of the other threads if you are interested.
    In response to one of my posts, Jordan responded asking if he could help. No sales pitch, no promises, no pre-packaged bullshit canned realtor-talk. He just offered to help. I suppose it helps when your reputation precedes you.
    Jordan immediately understood what the need was for me: a fast, expert transaction on the buy side, and some no nonsense advice on the sell side for my current house. He also immediately understood that my request was not for a “home search” at the moment, it was to execute on one purchase opportunity and then sell. If the deal fell through, then we could chat about next steps. Jordan got that immediately, and didn’t revert to standard realtor talk. It’s more like what I expect when I call a professional to do some work for me (ie accountants, and lawyers).
    Jordan jumped in on the purchase side, did another couple of site visits with me, narrowed down the comps, all of the basics. Then we negotiated a deal I thought was reasonable. He also provided some excellent design advice, a lot of which I have no implemented in the house.
    In some ways, the sale side was more critical. I was a bit worried about how long it was going to take to sell, in this market. We went C/S in three days. Jordan was upfront, honest, and ruthless in his staging and prep advice, which is great – I don’t need to be mollycoddled, I just want results. Which we got. (The time pressure this put on my renovation is the downside, heh.)

Some comments:

- Jordan’s reputation as a guys that busts his ass is absolutely well deserved. His work ethic is crazy.
    - I almost always felt like I was his only client, although obviously that was not the case. This should be the goal of everyone who does this kind of work. It’s what I strive for in my line of work, and I think Jordan succeeds.
    - No bullshit/realtor-talk. The guy does not have the word “canned” in his vocabulary. Maybe it’s experience, but I never felt like I was getting treated like a product. I’m a straight shooter. I expect the people I work with to be straight shooters.
    - Excellent relationships: Jordan knew the agents on the other side of both the buy and sell, and I’m convinced this helped.
    - He never wasted my time. Once. This is big.
    - I think he honestly enjoys what he is doing. You aren’t in the game this long, doing this much volume, and retain your good spirits, without actually liking your job.
    I’m sure there is more that I can add, but in short: highly recommended.

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

Am I going to be the only one with a negative review.

It's not that bad but he put me off to the idea of listing my house exactly what I bought it for a year ago.

Basically he came over expecting to list my expensive house ( 2 mill ) vs the not so expensive one ( 800k ) and I think he got a bad taste in his mouth by losing out on the big commissions. Anyways, we did a walk through on the house and he told me we wouldn't get a hair over 775k ( what I bought it for last year ) and I shouldn't even try to get anymore.

Anyways, listed with another realtor who over shot what I wanted and the first offer we got was 47k over what he thought we should sell it for.

I think he was just looking for a quick flip, something I really didn't want to do.
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's possible he was just wrong on that one. Happens to the best of them, and good for you for doing your own research, and thinking independently.

I don't think Jordan has a reputation for underpricing homes, at least not with my friends and family who have used him very successfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

People do make mistakes and it happen to be with me and the house I was trying to sell.

I was really looking forward to working with a local Beyond member but unfortunately it didn't work out that favor.

Granted I will most likely have a decent amount of properties over the years in Calgary and the next one might fall in Jordans lap!
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Originally posted by KPHMPH
    Am I going to be the only one with a negative review.

It's not that bad but he put me off to the idea of listing my house exactly what I bought it for a year ago.

Basically he came over expecting to list my expensive house ( 2 mill ) vs the not so expensive one ( 800k ) and I think he got a bad taste in his mouth by losing out on the big commissions. Anyways, we did a walk through on the house and he told me we wouldn't get a hair over 775k ( what I bought it for last year ) and I shouldn't even try to get anymore.

Anyways, listed with another realtor who over shot what I wanted and the first offer we got was 47k over what he thought we should sell it for.

I think he was just looking for a quick flip, something I really didn't want to do.
    Hang on hang on...You purchased the home just a year ago for 47k less then your current asking price, The market has actually dropped. I have no idea how your current agent even got to that number. The previous sale went for 828,500 sq feet larger, 563 sqM pie lot compared to your 470 sqM, Sub zero and wolf appliances...This home sold just a few days prior to your listing

This is copied from the actual email i sent you....

Most comparable home
    http://matrix.crebtools.com/Matrix/P...x?ID=854073809
    -West Back Yard (comparable to your south back yard)
    -Large pie lot (20,000)
    -Larger sq footage (64 sq feet @ 336.80= 21,552.20)
    -Additional upgrades (sub-zero and wolf appliance package) (minimum 25,000)

Total= 66552.20

With adjustments
    850,000 - 66,552.20

Recommended list price 784,900.00

(sq footage was taken from CREB @ 2460 sq feet)

I have no idea how I am getting a bad review from a seller that didn't actually use me...I just gave my honest opinion on pricing, which I believe to be pretty accurate.

Best of luck with the sale

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

Right ok here I go.

TL;DR Jordan and his team did an exceptional job the whole way through selling my home and helping me buy my next one when a previous agent had no luck, all while dealing with my crazy stressball self like a champ. A+ would use again

Full version.

So I decided to sell my house in a shit market to pay off my student loans since I can't find a job as a geologist anymore and needed to reduce my monthly expenses. Tough situation a lot of people are facing right now. I knew going into this exactly what I needed to sell my house for in order to make it work, and I thought it would be a stretch. When I listed initially March 7th 2016 there were already two places listed in my complex, both of which had been sitting for 60+ days, one priced lower than what I needed to SELL mine for, and one listed higher. So I gave the listing to my cousin, another remax realtor, who's been in the business for 35 years. It sat and sat with very limited foot traffic, only MLS as an online resource, and little to no communication from him. All he did was keep saying I needed to reduce my price 10-15%, because that's his proven strategy, 10-15% drop after 6 weeks, and repeat. Ya, not friggin happening. Just prior to the 90day mark on our contract I was frustrated and called Jordan.

Best decision I could have made... after my utter failure of not calling him first. Lesson learned.

Jordan came over to look at the place and an hour later I fired my cousin. Awkward Christmas ahead I'm sure. But the point is, he sold me. Initially I felt he under valued my place, suggested it be listed 20k less than I wanted, but he came right around and agreed to list it for my suggested price (5k less than what the previous realtor had it listed for, nothing major). He asked what my plan was for after I sell the place, I said I was going to rent for now to save money and then figure it out later. Either way he was confident we could get that price and off we went.

Everything from that day forward was a complete whirlwind of streamlined perfectionism, dedication, constant communication and confidence. Everything he does is top notch, from making suggestions on how to stage my house, hiring a professional photographer, creating really sexy photo flip book portfolios of the house instead of simple 8.5x11 single sheets of paper you commonly see, electronic paperwork for everything that makes contracts so incredibly easy to navigate through, mobile phone notifications for showing requests that you can control, omg it goes on and on. I immediately felt like my house's appeal went from a 5 to a 10, and the buyers agreed! I had showings almost every day, and even multiple showings a day. And best of all, I had an offer (98.3% of list price, exactly to the dollar what I needed to sell for) after just one week, and a firm close after 18 days, and they wanted quick possession.

Oh but it doesn't stop there. That's when the real fun began.

Because I'm a woman and naturally fit stereotypes, right after we signed the initial offer to purchase I sent him a note at 3am saying I've changed my mind. I decided instead of renting I now wanted to buy a smaller place and rent out a room, and we have two weeks to find me somewhere with quick possession and have a deal in place before mine closes. No big deal right? Right.

What had initiated this quick change of heart was a chat I had with my previous mortgage broker, where he assured me I could avoid my early buyout penalties by porting my mortgage all while not having to reapply for financing (which he ended up being completely wrong about and made this even more time critical and stressful to complete, and made Jordan's team really show their true colors of pure awesomeness).

So off we went, again! We lined up something like 12 places to look at one afternoon, and he gave his very open and honest opinion about every single one, from an investment and roommate rental perspective. That part was the best for me, his thorough knowledge of what appeals to the public and what doesn't, what will make it better for me in the long run, he's not just trying to sell me something. He's there, committed to it, as if it's his own property. He knows what I need it for, and he will make sure we pick the one that best fits my specific requirements. We ended up putting an offer to purchase on the first one we initially saw. And I could not possibly be happier about it.

Then his team really came into action. Since buying my place years ago, I had racked up mega bucks in student loans, so my financial outlook was far from rosy as a single girl, without a cosigner, who had no record of long term full time employment over the last four years as a student. I had been entirely banking on what my previous broker had told me about not needing to reapply. OOPS! Not the case. But never fear. Jordan had just the guy, of course, why wouldn't he. He hooked me up with his broker who not only started late to the game on the application but only had three days left until closing. At this point, I wasn't sleeping. And it seems neither do they, as we were chatting some nights past midnight, Jordan and the broker, as if this was completely normal! Signing and sending docs in the wee hours of the morning, never mind being the absolute most courteous and pleasant individuals I've ever dealt with. I mean, I don't have enough positive words in my vocabulary to describe this crew.

Anyways, end of the story is, Jordan never doubted for a second that it wouldn't go through, and he was right. Everything closed on time, and now I'm packing to move in the coming week. Every single hiccup that came down the road, Jordan had an answer for it. 'OMG Jordan one of my windows has humidity in it! The inspection is like, in two days!!' Answer: Don't worry, call this number, I got a guy. Replaced for dirt cheap, passes inspection. 'OMG Jordan it says in the condo docs I have to keep those ugly cork floors but I wanted hardwood so bad, deal breaker' Answer: Cork floors can come looking like hardwood, here's a link. You'll love them, I have them in one of my properties. Deal. 'Omg Jordan..." Answer: I got it, don't worry.

My favorite quotes of the whole process:

R: "Jordan, I'm making sure your commission per text ratio hits a record low lol!"

J: "I mean, it's like I know what I'm doing or something? Maybe I should try this professionally?"

Ya you surely do! And I will never doubt the master again!

I know it was all just a couple big crazy business transactions, but I truly feel like I made a friend in the process. He undoubtedly is a master of his craft, and I wish him all the greatest success and fortune in the world, as he truly deserves it. He will be recommended to every person I know in need of a realtor, and will be used exclusively for all my future dealings.

A+ would use again

Sincerely,
    Renee

P.S. Those two other units in my complex, still sitting, JUST SAYIN lol
    Last edited by inline6turbo; 06-22-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast