Quantcast
Any recent CGA grad? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Any recent CGA grad?

Default Any recent CGA grad?

Just want to get a feel for the PACE and National Exams...any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciate it.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

Not quite a CGA grad, but written my share of National exams and the PA1 (not req'd to write PA2).
    I am on my last class.

National Exams, not sure if you are a current student, but they are not so bad. 3 or 4 hours depending if you are PACE level (4hour) student or level 4 and below (then a 3hr exam).

All the classes have past exams on the CGA website that you can use for study purposes and if you go back far enough some questions do repeat.
    They do give a decent perspective on what to expect but the typical hot topics are not-for-profits (no matter what course you take).
    There are also exam blue prints that are a great study aide to see where you are strong / weak.
    Honestly, they are like any other exam. If you don't study you are screwed. You need a 65% to pass the nationals exams.

PA1 - I cannot provide specific info on it. It's a closely guarded exam, but again if you are student, there is info on the website (exam blueprints and two past exams).
    The Professional Applications is a comprehensive exam that ties all your past classes into one exam (kinda the same as the UFE for CA's) and for that exam it's either a pass or fail.

They actually make you sign a non-disclosure agreement when you write the exam and when we renew our student / member dues annually, there is a speficic clause about not discussing the exam.

Hope that helps?
    Last edited by nickyh; 02-27-2009 at 01:04 PM.

After 150 views and still no comments? This is very helpful.

I'm a level 4th student, and i'm getting close to having to write the Nationals. I heard it was tough, that's why I want to get a second opinion. How long ago was your recent National exam? If you don't mind me asking...

When you say "all your past classes" do you mean like from Level 1 - 4? Also, is there a passing grade for PA2? I mean how would they determine if you pass or failed?

Thanks again for your comments and feedback, I really appreciate it.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

Honestly, the nationals are not that bad. I've written worse SAIT exams.......
    The general make up of them are: 5 Questions = 100 marks.
    1) Multiple Choice
    2 or 3 short answer questions
    4) mini case
    5) Comprehensive Case Question.

I've written some where I aced the m/c blew a case and failed the national and vise versa....

The last exam I wrote prior to my PA1 was FA4 (I was under the program where I could write the FA4 national or take PA2, I took FA4.)
    I bombed one short answer but aced my comprehensive, got 61% on the national exam, but they gave me a 65% anyway so I passed. If you get between 60 and 64% they re-grade the exam so they could give you extra marks, below 60% you can either challenge the next exam or pay for a re-grade.

I am currenltly waiting to see if I qualify for AU2, but trust me on this, download and print EVERY past national you can get your hands on to get a feel for the types of questions you will face.
    Practice practice practice.....

The PA exams, there is no %tage mark to get.
    Simply, either you pass or fail based on competencies.
    When you take your PA seminars, they will explain more about competencies to you, but you can FAIL the MC and still pass the exam. I don't want to go into more detail than that.

By past classes, think back to every class from level 1 up to and including level 4 has an equal chance of being tested on that exam. It's a lot of material, so I hope you kept all your past notes, books, etc....

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

I will be taking the National Exam for AU2 of March 14th. Nervous for it considering I don't study much...but i'll be having to study my butt off the next two weeks. To the OP, I think your worrying just a little too much. Just concentrate on passing your course first and they'll discuss more about the national exam in your courses.

Guys or girls, thank you thank you so much for the feedback.

WWJAI, you are correct just deal with whats infront of you right now and tackle the others when its time. You're right too nickyh, practice is the key to success.

I'm finding some of these level 4 classes are a bit though right now, and I'm not a good test taker which I think why i'm having such hard time with it. Bravo to you guys who made it this far. AU2 and FA4, my two worst classes.

Thanks again for your feedback, means alot to me.

Default CGA TUTOR PA1 - PA2

Interesting Book for PA1 PA2 Student. This can help you score better or pass the important exams. It seems that writer is also a tutor himself. Not a Bad Idea to get CGA PA1 Tutor in the final times.

Honestly can't say I have ever had a "hard" Sait exam. In my opinion, the Sait classes don't really prepare you for the nationals.. But yes practice old exams, and PA 1 and PA 2 are not that hard. My suggestion would be to go for the low hanging fruit. the easy stuff, no need to go into anything too complex. Pa1 and Pa2 are nowhere near as hard the UFE.