Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Totalled a rental car need advice

Author
Thread
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by trollolhah
Contacting personal auto insurance to see if they cover injury, since friend got injured...

You do know unless you have accident forgiveness, your premium is going to go up for years if your insurance does cover you.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-10-2017 07:03 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I wouldn't tell insurance anything. Ask your broker first. The moment you even mention a collision to the insurance folk they might adjust your rate.

Old Post 02-10-2017 08:10 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trollolhah

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.00
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema

You do know unless you have accident forgiveness, your premium is going to go up for years if your insurance does cover you.

Originally posted by revelations
I wouldn't tell insurance anything. Ask your broker first. The moment you even mention a collision to the insurance folk they might adjust your rate.

i haven't told them my name or policy yet, just asked if car insurance covers injury in rental car.

they said friend can't claim injury, since not part of family or living-with. They'd have to claim from their own car insurance

Old Post 02-10-2017 08:40 PM
trollolhah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trollolhah Click here to Send trollolhah a Private Message Find more posts by trollolhah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cancer man
Neutral

What I drive: Saab 9-5
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Snow flake appears on all season tires..you want the mountain symbol.
I checked my VISA now and i pay the first 2500.00 and only Family members
are covered for injury.So yeah i'll pay the xtra 20 bucks a day for piece of mind.

Old Post 02-10-2017 11:54 PM
cancer man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cancer man Click here to Send cancer man a Private Message Visit cancer man's homepage! Find more posts by cancer man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trollolhah

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by cancer man
Snow flake appears on all season tires..you want the mountain symbol.
I checked my VISA now and i pay the first 2500.00 and only Family members
are covered for injury.So yeah i'll pay the xtra 20 bucks a day for piece of mind.

Extra $20/day from where?

Old Post 02-11-2017 01:51 AM
trollolhah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trollolhah Click here to Send trollolhah a Private Message Find more posts by trollolhah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cancer man
Neutral

quote:

Extra $20/day from where?

from them read the fine print.

Rental car insurance can cost roughly $20 to $40, depending on what plan you select. The collision damage waiver, also known as optional vehicle protection or loss damage waiver, can cost as much as $19 per day and shifts liability for collision damage from the person renting the car to the car rental company.

Old Post 02-11-2017 03:11 AM
cancer man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cancer man Click here to Send cancer man a Private Message Visit cancer man's homepage! Find more posts by cancer man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trollolhah

What I drive:

quote:

Rental car insurance can cost roughly $20 to $40, depending on what plan you select. The collision damage waiver, also known as optional vehicle protection or loss damage waiver, can cost as much as $19 per day and shifts liability for collision damage from the person renting the car to the car rental company.

you read the thread?

Old Post 02-11-2017 07:43 PM
trollolhah

What I drive:

quote:

Day 11: still no contact from AVIS claims

Last edited by trollolhah on 02-24-2017 at 08:06 AM

Old Post 02-17-2017 01:05 AM
cancer man
Neutral

quote:

Day 6: still no contact from AVIS claims

Did you bother to read your own thread?
you crashed the car but the result of you ignoring the lights you wrote it off.

Old Post 02-17-2017 08:25 AM
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.38

quote:

How badly is your friend hurt and how good of friends are you?

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure he has every right to sue you at this point if he can't work due to injuries and can't get his insurance to cover him. It's not personal he's gotta eat too.

Last edited by J-hop on 02-17-2017 at 02:17 PM

Old Post 02-17-2017 02:09 PM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trollolhah

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by J-hop
How badly is your friend hurt and how good of friends are you?

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure he has every right to sue you at this point if he can't work due to injuries and can't get his insurance to cover him. It's not personal he's gotta eat too.

friend not proceeding to claim nor sue anymore. arms getting way better

Old Post 02-18-2017 02:02 AM
trollolhah

What I drive:

quote:

how much coverage from rental's LDW versus CC rental insurance?

in order to use CC rental insurance you have to decline rental's LDW

Old Post 02-18-2017 02:04 AM
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.38

quote:

how much coverage from rental's LDW versus CC rental insurance?

in order to use CC rental insurance you have to decline rental's LDW

To be honest I've never read the fine print but when I get ldw at enterprise basically they just say (in regards to damage) return something we can write off. Obviously if you drive impaired, take it street racing or offroading they aren't going to cover you but that is just basic common sense.

At the end of the day damage is the least of my worries. Vehicles are a fixed predictable cost. Having to replace vehicles won't ruin you. Personal injury bills will.

Old Post 02-18-2017 06:42 PM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trollolhah

What I drive:

quote:

Day 19:

- contacted by RCMP requiring rental car insurance pink slip for collision report
- contacted AVIS, repair bill not ready. Acquired pink slip.

Old Post 02-24-2017 08:07 AM
KappaSigma

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03

quote:

friend not proceeding to claim nor sue anymore. arms getting way better

Sounds like he thought would be an easy cash grab at first...

Old Post 02-24-2017 02:10 PM
KappaSigma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KappaSigma Click here to Send KappaSigma a Private Message Find more posts by KappaSigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trollolhah

What I drive:

quote:

Day 54:

- Received repair bill from rental company
- sent repair bill and other documents to cc company

Day 59:

- claim closed

Old Post 04-07-2017 01:11 PM
JRSC00LUDE
Third Gear

What I drive: S/C '00 Prelude '15 Tacoma '06 Vstar 1100
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 112%

quote:

This has been interesting, thanks for the follow up.

Originally posted by SJW
Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.

Originally posted by snowcat
Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Old Post 04-09-2017 05:37 PM
JRSC00LUDE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JRSC00LUDE Click here to Send JRSC00LUDE a Private Message Find more posts by JRSC00LUDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:05 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Totalled a rental car need advice

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: