Quantcast
"Biggest Loser" Experiment - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: "Biggest Loser" Experiment

My Ride
    MKVII GTI, LibTech HotKnife&TRice

You can get fat free Ranch dressing from Kraft. It tastes pretty damn good and last time I dieted I ate it. Still lost weight so I can't imagine it'll affect you too much.

Also I figured I'd throw an update.
    Hovering between 238 and 240 now instead of 239 and 242.

Noticed that on Saturday at the gym. Also hit a few new milestones.

265lb Bench press for 12 reps
    110lb tricep press also for 12
    100lb bent over row for 12
    Can finally do tricep dips with 25lb weight attached to me.

Hopefully today I'll notice my cardio is a little better. I also found by Saturday I wasn't too tired still at the gym and I could've went yesterday. Body needs a day off though.
    Guess who's back... tell some men.

265lb bench press? god damn! haha
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride

Dude it's not that much. Keep in mind I'm 240lbs hahah!

What's impressive is when 170lb dudes bench almost 2 plates.
    That's nuts.

But thanks!

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

I'm sitting at around 194 right now so almost 10 pounds lighter than 14 days ago.

This is on the same scale too. I am drinking a crap load of water and eating well doesn't seem that hard this time around. When I am hungry I also just have an apple or a couple carrot sticks now and I'm able to last till the next little meal.

I have also not had a single can of pop since the beginning of the month and have drastically reduced my carb intake.

Also exercising every day from home now

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

236lbs.

Doing a Timed Carb diet with glycogen refill once every 8 days on leg day.

300G pro, 50G carb, 85G fat On non-workout days
    325G pro, 200G carb, 100G fat on work out days.
    325G pro, 300-350G carb, 100G fat for leg day every 8 day cycle.

This has worked well for me in the past. Good luck all.

note: ALL Carbs from Oats, Fruit, whole wheat pasta, and Veggies. Trace carbs from ketchup etc. No sugars except Gatorade powder mixed with post-workout shake.

Supps: Beverly International SuperPAK multi's, Cod liver oil 15-20G/day, Whey. Lots of green tea about 1.5-2L/D

EDIT: Forgot to mention this will be a diet heavy cut. No time for Cardio working shift. Lots of walking at work however.
    Last edited by Darkane; 01-14-2008 at 04:42 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    party car

this sounds like a fun experiment, I'll be venturing on my own program starting tomorrow (I know tuesday, an odd day to start, but I want to start with my ice time on tuesday) I'll post my planned routine later..
    I like things with wheels.

So supplementscanada.com ... rocks!

I bought some ephedrine and caffinee pills (100 of each) monday morning, it arrived yesterday in the mail (ONE DAY DELIVERY?! FREAKING SWEET!)

Now im just waiting to shake my head cold before i start taking them (Figure i want my immune system 100% before i start something new)

Also have been eating healthy and dropped from 196.7 to 194.4 in 2 days. Nothing big but a reasonable start from only hitting the gym twice and change of diet. (weighing myself at the gym every night at about 6:45 pm)
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    So supplementscanada.com ... rocks!

I bought some ephedrine and caffinee pills (100 of each) monday morning, it arrived yesterday in the mail (ONE DAY DELIVERY?! FREAKING SWEET!)

Now im just waiting to shake my head cold before i start taking them (Figure i want my immune system 100% before i start something new)

Also have been eating healthy and dropped from 196.7 to 194.4 in 2 days. Nothing big but a reasonable start from only hitting the gym twice and change of diet. (weighing myself at the gym every night at about 6:45 pm)
    lol but the ephedrine you're buying is a "nasal decongestant" i mean that's what we all buy it for

yeah supplementscanada.com ships super fast... I should have just gone with them but bodybuilding.com is so much cheaper(depending on what you buy). I ordered my stuff on the 28th and it just arrived yesterday

My Ride

Good work dude!

I found the first time I dieted I dropped the most in the first few weeks. It's a wicked thing to see. It'll be awesome when you start noticing little things like your rib line showing or more veins being apparent your arms.

Feels great.

Glad to see lots of people at least giving this a shot. Everyone should post updates weekly if they can.

I'll give mine on Friday.

EDIT: the first time I bought ephedrine I made the dudes at popeye's laugh.

I said, "I've been really stuffed up lately, having issues with a complete lack of energy and suffering from some brutal headaches. Can you guys help?"

They all lol'd

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by bulaian

lol but the ephedrine you're buying is a "nasal decongestant"
    sorry, n00b question...can you still use that ephedrine for the ECA cycles ?
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride

Yessir you can. It's just a smaller dosage per pill that's sold now. It's a "regulated" product. Hahahaha

So instead of taking 1-25mg pill you'll take 3-8mg pills.

Originally posted by JordanEG6

sorry, n00b question...can you still use that ephedrine for the ECA cycles ?
    yeah it pretty much works the same, some people say ephedra was more effective, others say they like the ephedrine hcl more.

Originally posted by bulaian

lol but the ephedrine you're buying is a "nasal decongestant" i mean that's what we all buy it for
    To be honest i should use one for health reasons cause my nose is freaking congested!!!

My Ride

Alright, my weekly update I guess will be on Friday's because I have a super long break at SAIT and get very very fucking bored.

Starting weight: 239-241lbs
    Current weight: 235-238lbs

I dropped only about 5lbs average. We all know our weight fluctuates during the day based on water content, food etc. I weigh myself before a workout, but also before dinner. So it's usually a good indication of my weight.

Actual important results:

When I was in Edmonton cardio was a breeze, but in Calgary it's way way way way way way harder. The high altitude makes breathing really tough and I'm an asthmatic, therefore I have a hard time breathing to begin with.

At the beginning of a workout I do a half hour of fairly intense cardio, but I had noticed I was feeling really gassed very quickly. Now this problem has subsided and I'm back to my normal "Edmonton" pace. This goes the same for all strength exercises.

Been seeing more definition in my arms, legs and back but mostly in arms. Forearms are showing more veins and lines in the muscle, as well as a more defined tricep and bicep. This means. I'm losing fat, and still putting on more muscle!

I don't really want to get bigger but a little more won't hurt

Now on to weights.

I can now do more chinups and as mentioned above can do dips with a 25lb weight attached to myself via belt. Bench press is up to 135lbs for 12 reps, 275lbs for 8 reps, 245 for 12 reps, 225 for 12reps. Hopefully next week that 275 will be a full set of 12.

Also when doing negatives for biceps on preachers bench, I've noticed a difference. That set is with an EZ bar with 10lbs per side. 12 reps, then 3 negatives being pulled by my gym partner. Repeat that set 3 times. Usually I get him to help me lift after each negative, but now I can pull up the weight by myself after each one. So I guess that would mean I'm gaining a bit more strength and endurance in that department.

Core and Conditioning days are rough, but are getting much easier. At the end of the set I do a lap, then 15 pushups with elevated feet and hands on a bosu ball. Feet are higher than hands so I'm holding much more weight. Anyways it goes. Run a lap moderate pace, 15 "death" pushups, sprint a lap, 30 bicycle crunches then 15 full body crunches. Repeat 3 times. Usually I'm bagged as shit and can't even breathe after one set. Now I'm feeling as though I could push the limits of that set and probably will next week.

Anyways, for those of you that care... there's my update!

See ya'll next week hahaha. 2 more weeks to go

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Start - 261
    Current - 208

6'0"
    Travel

My Ride
    TL

Start - ~325 lbs & 38% bf
    Current - ~260 lbs & 16% bf

5' 11"

My Ride
    CBR600rr, MK7

im down for this too

started christmas time @ 220
    current 207

5'6

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

Started Jan 1st

Starting weight 199-203
    Currentlu 190.5-192.5

My Ride

Originally posted by Oz-
    Start - ~325 lbs & 38% bf
    Current - ~260 lbs & 16% bf

5' 11"
    Holy shit man!!!!

Good work!
    When did you start?

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by kerry

Holy shit man!!!!

Good work!
    When did you start?
    Decided to "running" in Sept '06, ran up to the half-marathon distance (nothing too fast). This helped with a ton with the endurance side, but now I decided to get some strength back.

Starting lifting back in Nov, so I run to the gym in the morning and then run home. This is just under 5k and takes me about 20-24 minutes each way. Good way for me to keep my cardio maintenance during the winter, plan on doing a half and then full marathon by fall 08.

My BF% test makes me laugh, everywhere is around 5-8mm (whatever that unit is on the caliper). Then you get to my gut/kidney/back area and the numbers go up a metric ton haha.

If I do get to my 2008 goal of getting down to 5-7%, then I will most likely weigh around 215-220 lbs.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast