Quantcast
Darkane gets RIPPED! - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Darkane gets RIPPED!

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Sounds like a good plan
    I've been hovering around the 200-215 range for the last 3 years, and its time to cut the excuses. I Started going hard on the cardio a few weeks ago, and I've committed to getting back to a slimmer, more cut 185-190 that i was a few years back and back into my 32" jeans lol. I should really get my body fat checked as i have no idea, but i would guess around 17-20%. ...i already feel much better, Just need to resist the junk food.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    4Runner

how many calories do you have to eat per day to actually gain weight while your working out?
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by bashir26
    how many calories do you have to eat per day to actually gain weight while your working out?
    Depends on a lot of things man. You need to know:

+ Your BMR (basal metabolic rate). Basically, how many calories does your body burn just to stay alive?

+ How many calories you burn during your workout.

Then, once you know those values, you can design a diet that affords you a healthy surplus so you'll gain weight

My Ride
    4Runner

Originally posted by A790

Depends on a lot of things man. You need to know:

+ Your BMR (basal metabolic rate). Basically, how many calories does your body burn just to stay alive?

+ How many calories you burn during your workout.

Then, once you know those values, you can design a diet that affords you a healthy surplus so you'll gain weight
    how do I find out this stuff?

My Ride

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

^^ It's an approximation, but better than nothing

My Ride
    LX 5.0

how do I find out this stuff?
    quick google search

*beat me to it*

My Ride

Originally posted by s dime

quick google search

*beat me to it*
    same link and everything :P

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

I should post some old pictures quite the change, and I have been gone from the country for 7 months.

My Ride
    4Runner

wow i need to consume 3300 calories to gain weight including working out 3-5 times a week. That's a shit load of food. I think I'm going to invest in a serious protein shake.

My Ride

wow i need to consume 3300 calories to gain weight including working out 3-5 times a week. That's a shit load of food. I think I'm going to invest in a serious protein shake.
    Eat more. Eat dead animal. Devour that shit like it's your job man.

Originally posted by A790

^^ It's an approximation, but better than nothing
    This is good if you are average, not so good if you are obese or muscular (which apparently are the same thing )

I prefer the Katch-Mcardle formula based in LBM if you are either of the above as it is a little more accurate, but if you are average, there might be a 100cal difference which is a couple of farts at day.

http://www.weight-loss-i.com/calorie...ch-mcardle.htm

If you are having trouble taking in calories remember this:
    Protien: 4cal/gr
    Carbs: 4cal/gr
    Fat: 9cal/gr

I am not suggesting sucking back fat, but I am a fan of higher pro/(good) fat diets. Try it and see what works for you.

Thats easy man , I eat more than that to keep my weight stable lol.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

Default Re: Darkane gets RIPPED!

Originally posted by Darkane

Supplements: I know this will be everyone's Favorite so I'll go into depth here.

Some of you guys have probably read some stuff I posted when someone asks for Diet advice and I usually tell them to ignore "Fat burners" and thermos. Well I still stand by that, but this go around I've employed one for myself.

Biotest's Hot Rox Extreme. Info can be found here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...hotrox_extreme

The primary reasoning behind this is for one simple ingredient, Forskolin. Biotest's version is Carbolin 19. Info for Carbolin can be found here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...nabolic_bridge

Biotests Carbolin 19 is a pure version of Forskolin. Forskolin is usaully sold in a 10-20% purity version and can cause some digestion issues and leaky gut. So I opted for the ester.

Forskolin has been shown to burn fat while BUILDING new muscle. Sounds to good to be true? Perhaps, at least in an advanced athlete, but as an intermediate I still could see some of that.

For those that care this seems to be the most quoted study:
    Obes Res, 2005 Aug;13(8):1335-43.
    Decent summary:
    http://fatnews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/3226/

Really curious about how this works for you Darkane, although the studies I have read are promising, I really did not like the subjects selected for the testing.

- 30 obese men... fat loss is ussually greatly exaturated in obese individuals, thats why they are used.

- What I found really promising was:
    Total Testosterone
    Total Testosterone: +17% in the forskolin group vs -1% in the placebo group
    Total testosterone levels increased by 16.8 percent in the forskolin group versus a decrease of 1.1 percent in the placebo group.

Free Testosterone
    Free Testosterone: +3.5% in the forskolin group vs -4.1% in the placebo group
    Free testosterone levels increased by 3.5 percent in the forskolin group versus a decrease of 4.1 percent in the placebo group.

I think that this is worth it alone.

Yohimbine is fun... have you taken before?

My Ride
    TL

Nice work Darkane. I know that you are working with Wes, but sort of routine are you doing for the next bit? (no need to do an outline, just high level stuff)

Any plans on using thermogenics if you start plateauing? How about cheat meals and any plans on shitloads? Your macro's are very similar to mine too and I love it, much easier for me to follow then a strict re-comp.

As for the 2000-3000 kcals per day comment. Use fitday.com to track your calories for a few days, that will give you an idea of how many you are consuming. From there you can determine are you gaining/losing/maintaining with that food intake and you can roughly determine if you need to eat more or less.

EDIT

Yes should have you re-read your original post, Hot Rox for a thermo. Forskolin is great, but you have to be careful if taking it pure as if you read the instructions wrong (like me) you get the shits pretty bad.

And Routine, still interested in what program Wes puts you on.
    Last edited by Oz-; 01-07-2009 at 12:39 PM.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Oz-
    Nice work Darkane. I know that you are working with Wes, but sort of routine are you doing for the next bit? (no need to do an outline, just high level stuff)

Any plans on using thermogenics if you start plateauing? How about cheat meals and any plans on shitloads? Your macro's are very similar to mine too and I love it, much easier for me to follow then a strict re-comp.

As for the 2000-3000 kcals per day comment. Use fitday.com to track your calories for a few days, that will give you an idea of how many you are consuming. From there you can determine are you gaining/losing/maintaining with that food intake and you can roughly determine if you need to eat more or less.

EDIT

Yes should have you re-read your original post, Hot Rox for a thermo. Forskolin is great, but you have to be careful if taking it pure as if you read the instructions wrong (like me) you get the shits pretty bad.

And Routine, still interested in what program Wes puts you on.
    Oz,

Haven't gotten the Routine yet. Tomorrow or the next day.

I've been on the Hot Rox for 7 days now. No GI issues. The Forskolin is an active ingredient in the Hot rox so I don't have to take two separate items.

Also to those interested, I will be keeping a personal log. I'll periodically post my weight in this thread, but I won't have body fat until feb 20th or so when I'm back in Calgary.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

3300 cals can seem like a lot if that's the most you've eaten cleanly.

Some things to help with consuming a lot of clean foods:

Nuts, Olive oil, cheese, eggs.

Make a 6 egg omelet with 2 oz Cheese, assorted veggies then eat a hand full of almonds 2oz. Fitday says 1k cals for that. Throw in 2 cups homo milk and 1tbsp olive oil to fry it in and you got a muscle building breakfast if I've seen one.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by Darkane

Oz,

Haven't gotten the Routine yet. Tomorrow or the next day.

I've been on the Hot Rox for 7 days now. No GI issues. The Forskolin is an active ingredient in the Hot rox so I don't have to take two separate items.

Also to those interested, I will be keeping a personal log. I'll periodically post my weight in this thread, but I won't have body fat until feb 20th or so when I'm back in Calgary.
    When I was taking a Forskolin and Sesamin stack, I made the mistake of overdosing a bit on the Forskolin. Only need 1/3 of a 1/4 teaspoon for a daily intake. Read the dosage info on the container wrong and thought I had the stomach flu for a couple of days

If you find that Hot Rox isn't your thing, you can try Forskolin and Sesamin or TTA stack also. Did the TTA for a bit, but lost too much strength at the time, which I later found out due to the nature of TTA being a decoupler.

My Ride
    4Runner

for breakfast I usually eat 4 scrambled eggs mixed with mozzarella cheese and tomatoes.

or I eat 5-6 packs of oatmeal hot cereal. The hot cereal usually gives me 1080 with homo milk its about 1280 and a glass a milk its about 1400? I usually eat this for breakfast if I'm serious.

but I find eating the same things everyday makes my stomach bloated with gas? anyone else have this problem?

My Ride

Originally posted by Oz-

When I was taking a Forskolin and Sesamin stack, I made the mistake of overdosing a bit on the Forskolin. Only need 1/3 of a 1/4 teaspoon for a daily intake. Read the dosage info on the container wrong and thought I had the stomach flu for a couple of days

If you find that Hot Rox isn't your thing, you can try Forskolin and Sesamin or TTA stack also. Did the TTA for a bit, but lost too much strength at the time, which I later found out due to the nature of TTA being a decoupler.
    Originally Wes recommended the Sesamin etc. I read up on it and didn't think it worthy, but I wasn't as well read then. I'll take another look if the Hot rox don't perform.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Updated some supplement info and a routine teaser.

I might have to reconsider my strength goals. This might end up being a Mass cut lol. If that makes sense, I'll explain later

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast