Quantcast
Indochino Promo Code - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Indochino Promo Code

Default Indochino Promo Code

Indochino is having a sale this weekend only, 20% off store-wide. Promo code is: CNY2013

Maybe we could use this thread in the future to track promo codes?

Ends this Sunday Feb 3rd at 11:59pm EST.

Promo code: SHIRTBUNDLE

2 premium or 3 normal shirts for $229

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Any tips with measuring? Should I aim on the slightly low or high side when sending my measurements in?

They changed their measuring guide a lot recently, in attempt to simplify it. I don't like how they changed it, but it may be easier for a first time buyer.

They still make their own adjustments regardless of what you supply them.

My experience has been anything to do with your hips, give them a smaller number than their guide shows. That is the only measurement I've had to repeatedly adjust. I had to reduce my "shirt hips" measurement by over 3" in the past, but that option is gone now. The reason is because they extrapolate lots of your measurements, even more so now with the new system.

Either way, they will pay to have it fixed, or send you a new one, if it doesn't fit perfectly. There is no risk. If this is your first order though, I recommend a small "discovery" order before you go all out.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Thanks, I'll probably just go with 2 prem or 3 normal. Is it worth the upgrade for the premium shirts? Or can you find a lot of normal shirt materials that are high quality?

Can you compare the quality to any of the regular box store brands? I'm sure the fit will be good, but having quality materials makes the custom shirt cost easier to swallow.

Originally posted by npham
    Thanks, I'll probably just go with 2 prem or 3 normal. Is it worth the upgrade for the premium shirts? Or can you find a lot of normal shirt materials that are high quality?

Can you compare the quality to any of the regular box store brands? I'm sure the fit will be good, but having quality materials makes the custom shirt cost easier to swallow.
    I've never tried the premium shirts, they are new.

I have 10 normal shirts, and the quality is just fine - equal to or better than most off the rack stuff from my experience.

The "oxford" shirts are a really nice thick material, better than the rest IMO, but they all are pretty good.

Even if you screw up the measurements it will probably still fit 10X better than anything off the rack.

The shirts are $79-99 normally, which is basically in-store pricing anyway.

They change the materials and styles often though, so you never know for sure. Some styles use thicker/thinner material than others but every one that I've seen is more than acceptable.

My Ride
    FB6

I found their wrinkle free shirts to be very thin and not very wrinkle free at all. I haven't bought a normal shirt to compare though.

I love their custom suits though.

I've never tried a wrinkle-free shirt, because I heard they were thin as well. Their thickest shirts by far are the Oxfords.

I have my first ever 3-pc suit from them coming in a week or so, so I will see how they do with the measurements. I'm a little nervous because I ordered right after they changed their measurement method.

I also recently got an email saying all their shirts are "higher quality" now, with longer backs and such (not that it was a problem before). So that's good I guess

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Ordered one as well during that sale, haven't heard anything about shipping yet...more than a month ago too.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

Originally posted by Canmorite
    Ordered one as well during that sale, haven't heard anything about shipping yet...more than a month ago too.
    Same here, I think I ordered mine Feb 2. I suspect they got an insane amount of orders during that time though.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-05-2013 at 02:58 PM.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Just a heads up.

A co-worker order a suit during the US thanks giving promo and if quality of the material is of any importance than i highly suggest u dont buy one. It was clearly visible from 10ft away that the material is very very cheap and certainly looks that way as well.

Originally posted by adidas
    Just a heads up.

A co-worker order a suit during the US thanks giving promo and if quality of the material is of any importance than i highly suggest u dont buy one. It was clearly visible from 10ft away that the material is very very cheap and certainly looks that way as well.
    My brother got a plain black suit from them around Christmas time (ordered during the same promo I think) and it was great. I'll probably have mine in a week or so to compare.

Your co-worker should be able to get a complete refund if he's at all unhappy.

My Ride
    is Invisible

I dont think my co-worker minds but in reality what it comes down to is the 'taste' that one has in clothing (ex. Material, fit).

The material to me looks of low quality and very cheap in its respect. It would be like comparing a Zegna to a Calvin Klein suit. Over-all most people wont mind a CK suit but a Zegna suit would be superior in every way. Thats not to say that CK is on the same level as a indochino suit, its actually better in my opinion.

Everyone's taste is different, thats really all im trying to get at.

Never ordered there but have always been tempted to. I usually buy my suits and shirts from Boss but am thinking of trying out some shirts from Indochino.

I dont think my co-worker minds but in reality what it comes down to is the 'taste' that one has in clothing (ex. Material, fit).

The material to me looks of low quality and very cheap in its respect. It would be like comparing a Zegna to a Calvin Klein suit. Over-all most people wont mind a CK suit but a Zegna suit would be superior in every way. Thats not to say that CK is on the same level as a indochino suit, its actually better in my opinion.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they get slightly different materials, whatever they bid on at the time, or however they do it.

Or maybe my standards are just incredibly low .

I ordered the charcoal 3pc, so hopefully it's pretty good.

My Ride
    is Invisible

If either one of us could afford a Armani suit, we wouldnt be having this conversation right now, believe me.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

I bit the bullet during the Chinese new years sale on a Indochino suit, I won't lie I was very drawn by the fact that they are in fact Half-Canvassed, and the customization oportunities. Some really nice fabric styles as well.

My others are Boss, Z Zegna, and Brooks 1818, so I am interested to see the quality difference. From what I have read, IC suits are superior to Boss and Z, but I take that with a grain of salt seeing as Styleforum has a major hate on for anything fused.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My 3-pc Charcoal suit came in yesterday, I must say I am extremely impressed. Material is nice, fit is perfect. I compared it to a Versace suit I have (was a gift) and if you switched the labels I don't honestly think I could tell which was which quality-wise. For the price, you can't go wrong IMHO.

Very good quality from Indochino... so many customizations from pix stitching, lapels,working cuffs, felt under the coller etc...can be had for under 5 bills with very good materials available

I mean seriously why wouldn't you go for good materials if you are getting a custom suit made.

Their shirts however, to me aren't worth it, as I'm close to off the rack BOSS, Charles Tyrwhitt, and the occational Duchamp and Ferragamo

people who talks the big game: Versace/Armani usually never own one, or if they do, its from their wedding or bar mitzvah

Indochino is as good as anything I've seen under the $1700 mark (Brooks, Boss) but once you get into the top end Thomas Pink, Tom Ford, Jil Sanders, Dior, Brioni, Canali, Zenga (not "z')... you can go to town with what materials they have exclusive to them

I'll never be buying a Dior or Brioni, and for under $500 (comparable to a tip top suit) you can't go wrong

the important thing is: measure yourself right in the first place
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 03-13-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Maybe one of you guys knows the answer, my suit's breast pocket and hip vents are sewn shut by some threads (looks like it was done by hand rather than with a machine). Do I just cut the threads there, or what? It looks like it may have been done that way for shipping. As it stands I wouldn't be able to use a pocket square, and that particular pocket is actually sewn shut pretty good. Or did I forget to tick an option box when I got it made?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast