Quantcast
$$$$$$ Coffee!!! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: $$$$$$ Coffee!!!

I love the Keurig, used it every day for nearly a couple years now. But I always use the MyKcup reusable filter.

Then its just the cost of grinding your own beans, of which is use a good old fashioned hand crank burr grinder. Freshly ground beans is far more important than any of the other steps.

Always perfect temperature (just a few degrees under scalding), slight pressure, but not as strong as an expresso press.

One of the best purchases ever.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 03:00 AM.

My Ride
    Skateboard

Originally posted by cycosis
    French Press FTW
    This was the best $20 I spent. I use it to make regular coffee..comes out pretty strong so I dilute it with hot water.

My Ride
    Accord

I'd guess that MyKcup thing would help a lot, but we've got a keurig in my office and the thing just spews out flavored water, its disgusting. And we have different flavors all the time. I finally gave up and just climb a few floors to use the fancy starbucks blend machine. It's still not as good a fresh coffee shop cup of course, but its not bad.

At home I use starbucks ground coffee. Not that I'm some fanboy, its just good coffee and I don't feel like risking anything else haha.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I tried a few times to "get used to" drinking coffee but never could. Love the smell of it though. We have one of those Keurig machines at the office but hardly anyone uses it, instead opting to buy Starbucks or Tims.

Knowing nothing about coffee is it that bad or is Tims coffee that much better?

All K-cups give me a headache, and regular coffee does not, so I'm convinced they add something into those little packets to keep the coffee extra fresh or something that doesn't agree with me. I've also never had a decent tasting K-Cup compared to even average coffee made in a real machine.

I use a french press sometimes but usually fresh ground into a regular coffee machine is a good mix of taste and convenience.

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

Got a keurig only because i can get excess K-cups and ground coffee supplies for the my K-cup from work. Free coffee FTW! it's also fairly quick to use, minimal cleanup.

i will say that the my k-cup uses a lot more ground coffee than i'd use in a normal coffee machine though.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

I brew mine in a French Press. Tassimo, Keurig etc. still end up being almost as expensive is getting coffee at a store.

I also think regular, grocery store coffee sucks (so does Tims and Starbucks) and makes me weak in the morning. I subscribe to coffee from Drum Roaster. They send out a 12oz bag of beans (your choice of grind) to your house every second Monday, every month. I think more legit coffee places should do this.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

If you want a real espresso machine, try this one out... i don't have one, but i'm sure a beyond baller can justify the cost!

If you have 1 cup of espresso a day for a year, that's only $5.75 a day! In 2 years that's $2.87 a day. (plus the cost of the beans)

http://www.miele.ca/miele/canada/cof...p?gID=1#tabs-2
    $1999 +gst

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

The proper high end Starbucks Expresso makers really make a superb Americano etc. But I had a KCup for a while and wasn't impressed. I much prefer Nescafe Instant Coffee if convenience is important. Its funny, In Europe and South Asia, Filter coffee can be hard to find, and especially in homes they generally just provide instant coffee if you insist on it.

Nescafe Instant Expresso is great IMO.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Originally posted by G

This was the best $20 I spent. I use it to make regular coffee..comes out pretty strong so I dilute it with hot water.

I had one of those in my place when I was abroad in Greece...loved it. Never been able to find one here.
    May I ask where you purchased that from?
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

Originally posted by Neil4Speed
    The proper high end Starbucks Expresso makers really make a superb Americano etc. But I had a KCup for a while and wasn't impressed. I much prefer Nescafe Instant Coffee if convenience is important. Its funny, In Europe and South Asia, Filter coffee can be hard to find, and especially in homes they generally just provide instant coffee if you insist on it.

Nescafe Instant Expresso is great IMO.
    I've never gotten the k cup thing though my parents swear by it, I'm cheap as all hell and usually just get some bulk instant coffee, a $10 tin lasted me a long time so I can't really complain about the taste.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-11-2019 at 09:56 AM.

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by JordanEG6
    I brew mine in a French Press. Tassimo, Keurig etc. still end up being almost as expensive is getting coffee at a store.

I also think regular, grocery store coffee sucks (so does Tims and Starbucks) and makes me weak in the morning. I subscribe to coffee from Drum Roaster. They send out a 12oz bag of beans (your choice of grind) to your house every second Monday, every month. I think more legit coffee places should do this.
    I know what I'm doing with my money now.
    -U

My Ride

Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

I had one of those in my place when I was abroad in Greece...loved it. Never been able to find one here.
    I got one from Lina's on Center st

Originally posted by JordanEG6

Good local shops do a weekly drop: https://www.philsebastian.com/coffee...e-subscription

I switched from a French Press to an AeroPress (30 seconds to make a cup), locally it is about $40, from Amazon a bit cheaper:

http://www.amazon.com/Aerobie-AeroPr.../dp/B0047BIWSK

I have had a K-cup coffee before, it was fast and owned by a tea drinker. Likewise wine from a box can be a speedy affair. I never use Starbucks or big box cafes.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 11-21-2012 at 11:57 AM.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Originally posted by spike98
    We picked up some reusable k-cups from amazon and fill it with our own grounds. It brings the convenience of the single cup machine down in price. I think it was $15 for 4 of them. You just pop them open, fill to the line, and put it in the Keurig.
    That actually a pretty good idea.

The K-cups themselves are okay if you just need caffeine and your tastebuds were destroyed in a fire.

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by CapnCrunch

The K-cups themselves are okay if you just need caffeine and your tastebuds were destroyed in a fire.
    -U

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I just checked Amazon and they have some.

http://www.yliving.com/alessi-ars09-...hannelid=AMAZO

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

I switched from a French Press to an AeroPress (30 seconds to make a cup), locally it is about $40, from Amazon a bit cheaper:

http://www.amazon.com/Aerobie-AeroPr.../dp/B0047BIWSK
    This is interesting. I find my press I have is too big for just the one coffee I usually have in the morning and end up giving the other half away. This is basically a mini-press for 1 cup applications? Something bothers me about pouring boiling water in a plastic housing though, probably paranoia of poisoning/cancer haha.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Hybrid

I've got an electric version (kind of a hybrid between a moka pot and a cordless kettle) that I bought for the office. Got too lazy and stopped using it after about 5 times.

Looks like this:

link:
    http://bialettishop.com/EasyCaffeMain.htm

$20 and it's yours.

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure Lina's, The Italian Store, or Scarpones have the stovetop ones for ~$40. I'd never pay anywhere near $140 like that yliving link.

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast