Quantcast
Mercedes CLA45 AMG to debut at NY Auto Show - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercedes CLA45 AMG to debut at NY Auto Show

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Hmm.. S3 is the closest competitor I see to the CLA45 AMG though.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 02-11-2013 at 10:02 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Xtrema
    But I think A/S3 should be about a couple hundred pounds less than CLA. It may offset a bit on the power deficiency.
    They're pretty close in terms of weight. If you're comparing CLA250 vs A3 MT, the A3 is 44lbs lighter. If you're comparing to the A3 DSG, the CLA is 33lbs lighter. So yea, they're pretty much identical.

CLA250 Curb Weight: 1480kg/3263lbs

See here: http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/...ical_data.html

Audi A3 Curb Weight: 3219 - 3461lbs

http://models.audiusa.com/a3/detailed-specifications
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

An Audi RS3 Sedan with DSG and the 360HP inline 5cyl turbo from the TTRS is pretty much my #1 non-exotic dream car.

I really doubt it will ever make it to Canada though.

That's why I'm excited about this CLA45 - seems to be the closest equivalent.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    An Audi RS3 Sedan with DSG and the 360HP inline 5cyl turbo from the TTRS
    Fuck me.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by rage2

They're pretty close in terms of weight. If you're comparing CLA250 vs A3 MT, the A3 is 44lbs lighter. If you're comparing to the A3 DSG, the CLA is 33lbs lighter. So yea, they're pretty much identical.

CLA250 Curb Weight: 1480kg/3263lbs

See here: http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/...ical_data.html

Audi A3 Curb Weight: 3219 - 3461lbs

http://models.audiusa.com/a3/detailed-specifications
    2014 is rumor to be about 200lb less. Putting it to be 30xx to 32xx depending on transmission choices.

I guess they are equal.

EDIT: the new A3 5 door is already on sale in UK. 1.8T Quattro S-Tronic is weighting in at 1350kg, although that's the old 6-sp S-tronic.

But from the brochure, the new 7-sp S-Tronic is only 20kg heavier than 6-sp manual.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-11-2013 at 12:16 PM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    An Audi RS3 Sedan with DSG and the 360HP inline 5cyl turbo from the TTRS is pretty much my #1 non-exotic dream car.

I really doubt it will ever make it to Canada though.

That's why I'm excited about this CLA45 - seems to be the closest equivalent.
    SONOFAFUCKDAMNITUGGGHHH.

My Ride

An RS3 sounds super expensive, which was why I didn't think it would compare that well to the CLA45.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Disoblige
    An RS3 sounds super expensive, which was why I didn't think it would compare that well to the CLA45.
    1. Not sure we'll get it since it may cut into Audi's bread and butter of the moment, S4.

2. If TTRS starts at $67K, there may be a good chance RS3 starts around there as well.

But who knows, may be Merc's possible success with CLA may make this class more competitive.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Have been talking to both dealerships about the cla 45.

Lonestar is telling me that I can hold one of the first spots with a $1000 deposit. But, they are saying most likely the regular models wont hit the lot until Jan 2014 and the AMG won't show up until April/May.

I also just got an email from Hyatt telling me that Mercedes does not have any plans of releasing the 45 in Canada but I can be one of the first to own a non AMG model (not happening).

I don't know what to think.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

In other words, neither dealer has any information that is relevant or that they can release.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Dealers are the last to know. MB releases all info to the public first. After that the dealers will get the order guide. Then it's random when the orders show up on Netstar ordering system.

Lone Star will take a refundable deposit on anything you want. They have no info and giving you estimates based on other models historic timelines. Hyatt is trying to sell you something else cuz it'll show up faster. Until the orders show up on Netstar, dealers won't have any build date or arrival date info.

If you want to spec the car out exactly as you want, I'd put that deposit down. If there are no deposits when the orders open up, the dealers will order random options on the first batch of cars.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

Dealers are the last to know. MB releases all info to the public first. After that the dealers will get the order guide. Then it's random when the orders show up on Netstar ordering system.

Lone Star will take a refundable deposit on anything you want. They have no info and giving you estimates based on other models historic timelines. Hyatt is trying to sell you something else cuz it'll show up faster. Until the orders show up on Netstar, dealers won't have any build date or arrival date info.

If you want to spec the car out exactly as you want, I'd put that deposit down. If there are no deposits when the orders open up, the dealers will order random options on the first batch of cars.
    +1.

If you're legit serious, I'd put the deposit down for an AMG model. If they can't offer it to you, they'll try their hardest to put a non-AMG CLA but you will get your money back because they couldn't promise their part of the agreement.

Trust me. I've gotten my deposit back many times because the dealer cannot deliver a color that I wanted or the model that I asked for with specific options. I even ask them to write down what financial terms we agreed on to make that purchase happen.

Always remember: read everything you sign.

GL with the AMG model and keep us updated

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Not only this, but if the dealer / salesman is a good one, he won't tell you anything that didn't come from MB Canada directly.

A lot of the information for MBs is for Europe or the US and doesn't necessarily apply to Canada. For instance, the new E63 AMG is going to go down in price by 2.6% in Germany. I highly doubt that will be the case in the US or Canada due to our low value currencies.

http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-9...=1360905015665

The same also applies to the E 63 AMG, which Mercedes-Benz has set at a price which is even 2.6 percent lower.
    This is the Canadian AMG Media release site. There isn't anything about the CLA AMG yet. They only just today released info on the E63 a full month after the world premier in Detroit. MB Canada is a bit slow at releasing info.

http://media.daimler.com/dcmedia-ca/...=1360905289119

My Ride
    GT TDi

the new A3 in europe which is out now starts at 1225kg which is 2700lbs

that includes a 150lb driver and 90% full fuel tank
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by bart
    the new A3 in europe which is out now starts at 1225kg which is 2700lbs

that includes a 150lb driver and 90% full fuel tank
    stick and FWD. loaded Quattro and DCT, it'll be close to 1350kg but still less than CLA45.

Now there is rumor of M2 Grand Coupe (4dr) to go against CLA45. Entry level has never been this exciting.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-15-2013 at 11:54 AM.

My Ride

The CLA45 AMG will arrive in the U.S. this November.
    http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ber-stats-info

Edit: What does this usually mean for Canada? Same time, or couple months difference?
    Last edited by Disoblige; 03-04-2013 at 08:01 PM.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

I decided to pull the trigger. Looks like the AMGs are going to drop early 2014. $1000 holds my spot and max budget is set at 55k or I can walk. I was told that a worst case was 51k with a pile of options so I gave my self a bit of wiggle room.

Hyatt is a bunch of idiots and the sales people didn't even know what a cla was when I showed up in person. Lonestar has pissed me off in the past but I'm dealing with one of the older salesmen which has been around a long time and seems to be much better to deal with.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride

That's awesome man! I hope you continue to update this thread with any exciting updates. I'm thinking about the AMG as well, but would like to at least see the 250 in person to get an idea of its shape and interior feel.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by ddduke
    I decided to pull the trigger. Looks like the AMGs are going to drop early 2014. $1000 holds my spot and max budget is set at 55k or I can walk. I was told that a worst case was 51k with a pile of options so I gave my self a bit of wiggle room.

Hyatt is a bunch of idiots and the sales people didn't even know what a cla was when I showed up in person. Lonestar has pissed me off in the past but I'm dealing with one of the older salesmen which has been around a long time and seems to be much better to deal with.
    $55k all in for an AMG? Very good deal IMO. Congratulations.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Images leaked:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/merce...#photo-5747830
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast