Quantcast
2016 Acura NSX specs/reviews - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Acura NSX specs/reviews

My Ride
    K-car

Default 2016 Acura NSX specs/reviews

Last edited by corsvette; 10-26-2015 at 04:09 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Sounds like a very technical/competent and a tad boring car like the GT-R.

My Ride
    This and that.

I have mixed feelings about this one.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

I like the styling and it sounds like a pretty advanced machine. I like that Acura is bringing this car back, it adds something to a marquee which has been boring of late, and makes me nostalgic about the 90's lineup with the Integra/Legend.

I'd be curious as to how it would do this time around though. The original NSX had very few direct competitors (Porsche 911 being a primary one), nowadays, why would someone pick this over a GTR, 911, AMG GT, R8 (not saying that people wouldn't but, just for discussion)
    Last edited by Neil4Speed; 10-26-2015 at 12:37 PM.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Sounds like a very technical/competent and a tad boring car like the GT-R.
    The Japanese have always had a tough time injecting personality into their cars. Even compared to domestics they just feel cold whereas a Mustang or a Camaro brings out the inner hooligan in people. I realize the original NSX had a spartan interior but that instrument cluster with the two gauges lifted from an Accord are pretty embarrassing digital display in the middle or not. They could have done more inside the car that's for sure. It will be interesting to see the performance numbers. The original NSX was ahead of it's time while this care doesn't feel nearly as ground breaking it's likely to fare much better numbers-wise compared to the competition.

Here is hoping they can keep the pricing below 180K out the door.

My Ride
    Bicycle

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/10/26/2...-review-video/

Sport mode lacks the exhilaration you expect from a near-600-hp supercar. It's more like MDX mode. Sport mode lacks the exhilaration you expect from a near-600-hp supercar. It's more like MDX mode. The transmission is quick to grab high gears and there's little sense of excitement. Sport+ and Track are the settings for any fun, with the difference depending on how much of a safety net you want.
    Burn.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That's really a result of them naming the modes poorly. Sport should be normal, Sport+ should be sport. Would be a lot less confusing.

The first article had an interesting note as well:

You can shift it manually with paddles, but it’s easy to get lost in the maze of short ratios and the engine spins so energetically to the redline that triggering the limiter is a frequent nuisance.

There are none of the prominent shift lights that you get on a Ferrari. Instead, the revcounter simply flashes red when you’re close to the end, a distinction you can easily miss if your eyes are fixed on the road.
    Funny enough, I have this exact problem in my GLA45 because of the close ratios. The RC-F doesn't have this issue because there's shift beeps as well, and it's much easier to respond to with your eyes on the road. More manufactures should implement the beeps as well as the lights. I guess shift lights on the steering wheel would work too, but beeps seems to work so much better. Even F1 drivers have configurable shift beeps in their ears.

Reviews make it sounds like it drives like the GT-R for sure.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Still looks dope!

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

How much lighter would the car be if it just came with the TTV6 and ditched the direct drive electric motor,front electric motors and batteries?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I like the hybrid setup in the car. It's a bit of a weight penalty, since it's being used to counteract turbo lag. If it's setup to feel like a 573hp NA car, it should be pretty awesome, and well worth it.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by 94boosted
    How much lighter would the car be if it just came with the TTV6 and ditched the direct drive electric motor,front electric motors and batteries?
    My bet is 200lbs. But probably offset by not having a drive shaft to the front the spin the front wheels.

NSX weight the same as a MacLaren P1 BTW but NSX is electric assist. Can't drive on electric alone.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My bet is 200lbs. But probably offset by not having a drive shaft to the front the spin the front wheels.

NSX weight the same as a MacLaren P1 BTW but NSX is electric assist. Can't drive on electric alone.
    There's no driveshaft to the front is there? I thought the front was purely electric drive from the 2 motors up front.

Also:

A central rotary switch controls the four driving modes, starting with Quiet, the fuel-saver mode that allows the car to creep off using electric power only up to 40mph if you’re feather-light on the pedal.
    So you can drive on electric alone.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by rage2
    I like the hybrid setup in the car. It's a bit of a weight penalty, since it's being used to counteract turbo lag. If it's setup to feel like a 573hp NA car, it should be pretty awesome, and well worth it.
    I just don't think the system will work nearly as well as the P1, this car after all will cost a small fraction of what the P1, 918, La Ferrari will cost.

Really, you think 3 electric motors and a battery pack will only weigh 200lbs, I was thinking 400+.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

400-500lbs for all electric and ancillaries.

I can sort of see something here... If Honda decides to go full retard they could build a fully ICE platform, 550hp rear drive and be something like 3200lbs in a type R variant.

Then I woke up.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

I don't like it at all. I saw it in person at Monterey this year. The front has a beak now. With a chrome strip no less. Why they had to make it resemble the rest the line up is beyond me. Nothing about the car says NSX to me. Ugly.....

When the original car came out it set the world on it's rear. An exotic car that was sexy, reliable and useable. Porsche and Ferrari had to take notice and produce better cars. The R35 GTR was the next Japanese car that made all the others take notice. I think it is responsible for the dual clutch, launch control, electronic handling revolution that is going on now. This new NSX is too late and nothing special. It will fade away to obscurity....one can hope.
    Last edited by soloracer; 10-26-2015 at 09:58 PM.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by Darkane
    400-500lbs for all electric and ancillaries.

I can sort of see something here... If Honda decides to go full retard they could build a fully ICE platform, 550hp rear drive and be something like 3200lbs in a type R variant.

Then I woke up.
    Those were my thoughts exactly, one can dream.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

I am so uninterested in the NSX that I haven't even bothered reading anything on it, but this post caught my eye. If only it were true, it could've changed my mind... However -

McLaren P1 weighs 1,490 kg.

Per Autocar link in the OP, the NSX weighs 1,725 kg.

That's over 500 lbs. Not even close. The NSX has the power and weight of a BMW M6... Yawn.

I can't understand anyone considering an NSX in this pricing segment (GT3 FTW). It could be a compelling alternative to a GTR at a similar price, but when you're knocking on $200k, not. a. fucking. chance.

911, R8, upcoming McLaren 570S (which looks awesome, btw), not to mention what you can choose from on the used side...
    Last edited by you&me; 10-27-2015 at 09:00 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Xtreme has been wrong on everything he posted.

I really like the new NSX, but you're right, not at this price point.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by rage2
    Xtreme has been wrong on everything he posted.

I really like the new NSX, but you're right, not at this price point.
    My Marth sucks as I aged. Some how I though 3800lbs converted to 1400 kg and I'm off by 1000lb.

shit. Damn NSX is a porker.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast