Quantcast
Have a bike in garage since 2013, not sure what to do - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Have a bike in garage since 2013, not sure what to do

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by WongYue

Courses are so expensive though
    I'd pay $600 to not die young.

Honestly, this is the kind of thread I expect a tragic bump later this summer with your obituary.

Operating a high powered vehicle, especially one on two wheels without crumple zones, airbags or a structural cage, is something that should only be done with the proper skills and knowledge.

Decisions in this area shouldn't be made because you're cheap. They should be made based on what gives you the highest chance at survival.

Agreed that the course is not for everyone but it 100% is for op. Riding requires a lot of confidence and this guy has none and the fact hes got an R1 just adds to the fear. The 2013 R1 is a beefy feeling bike and at 115lbs and 5'4" that thing has got to feel intimidating. My first bike was an r6 and it scared the shit out of me because of how big and powerful it felt.

TAKE THE COURSE CHEAP ASS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Sell your ISF so you can afford to pay for bike lessons

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Its under $30 an hour.....

1. your paying for someones time to be there. Usually multiple people with difference experiences and specific skill sets. One will be mainly a road guy, one probably a track guy, etc...
    2. The discount on your insurance over time will eventually cover the cost of the course.
    3. Depending on how geared up you are, you probably spent more on your helmet, jacket, etc... then the cost of the course. If your willing to spend that kind of money to save your ass in the event of an accident, why not spend it to potentially prevent the accident in the first place?
    Signature..... I ate it!!

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Default Re: Have a bike in garage since 2013, not sure what to do

I also had some friends tell me to just take a course, but why would I pay another 500-600$$ of my hard earned money to learn something I can learn all by myself?
    Because it's pretty obvious at this point that you can't learn it by yourself.

My Ride
    bus

Those damn short Asians legs are your problem. Buy a scooter

My Ride
    '11 Titan/01 RC51

Sell the R1, take the money to pay for a course and buy something more reasonable to your skill and size that you can enjoy. You can always buy a similar bike in the future. I sense you might be ashamed to explain it to a potential buyer so have a friend sell it for you no biggie.

The fact that your asking and being honest about your situation says you know better then to keep going down your current route.

Motorcycle courses are about more than just the coordination of operating a bike. You'll learn how to not put yourself in dangerous situations which will happen sooner than later.

Even sell the R1 and go to a 600cc range. Still overpowered, but slightly less likely to dump the bike leaving your garage

Please sell the bike and never bother with the thought of a motorcyle ever again.

If you don't want to pay for the course, and learn how to properly ride a motorcycle obeying the rules of the road and such, then I don't want you on the road period. You'd be liability on the road.

Have you paid for a driving course or did you just learn that yourself too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    changes every year

You obviously can't learn on your own because you keep trying and failing. Take the course, you will learn more there, than on your own.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Default Re: Have a bike in garage since 2013, not sure what to do

The fact that you bought a bike that was too big and powerful for you, refuse to take your friends' offer to help you learn, and refuse to take a course cause you're cheap shows you have poor judgement.

Sell the bike because it's not doing you any good just sitting there.

If you are really interested in riding, go take a course and find a bike that fits you and within a power range you can handle.

Originally posted by lilmira
    Is it correct to assume that someone on a bicycle can pass you on your motorcycle? That's fucked up son.
    It wouldn't be hard. They would only need to ride out the garage and down the driveway.

Give it to me and I'll show you how to ride it. R1 is too much bike for you anyways

My Ride
    ISF | R1

Default Re: Re: Have a bike in garage since 2013, not sure what to do

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    The fact that you bought a bike that was too big and powerful for you, refuse to take your friends' offer to help you learn, and refuse to take a course cause you're cheap shows you have poor judgement.

Sell the bike because it's not doing you any good just sitting there.

If you are really interested in riding, go take a course and find a bike that fits you and within a power range you can handle.

It wouldn't be hard. They would only need to ride out the garage and down the driveway.
    Like I said in OP, aesthetics > *, so because I find the R1 mesmerizing, it is the only bike I want to be seen riding. My refusal to take the course is only because I am cheap, not because of poor judgment.

I've been practicing clutching in and out to find that friction point, without giving the bike any gas. So far it's a fail. I've also decided to train my hand to only use around 10% of the throttle at all times. Some of my friends say that this isn't possible, but I'm going to prove them wrong. I'm probably only going to ride in 1st or 2nd only so I don't need to change gears as often.

As for the bicycle beating me, so far that's true. I'll be beaten by a child on a tricycle easily. It's amusing but I'll take it.

All I need is time!
    Last edited by WongYue; 05-10-2016 at 08:43 PM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

At least this noobie/ litre bike tale will (likely) have a happy ending (assuming lessons are taken). So many others, dont.

PS, if I was in your shoes I would sell the R1 and get a used R3 instead. Smaller/better fit for smaller riders and much easier to learn on.

Your R1 is worth about 10k on the used market. Much less if you went to dealer and sold it back.

BTW a course WILL teach you things you might only learn after an crash. What is the cost of this?

Do you know what counter-steering is for eg, and what it does and when it takes effect? I knew wanna-be riders who didnt and paid the price. One guy I knew swallowed his pride and took a course, one guy kept riding until he had a serious enough crash to give it up.
    Last edited by revelations; 05-10-2016 at 08:52 PM.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Default Re: Re: Re: Have a bike in garage since 2013, not sure what to do

Like I said in OP, aesthetics > *, so because I find the R1 mesmerizing, it is the only bike I want to be seen riding. My refusal to take the course is only because I am cheap, not because of poor judgment.

I've been practicing clutching in and out to find that friction point, without giving the bike any gas. So far it's a fail. I've also decided to train my hand to only use around 10% of the throttle at all times. Some of my friends say that this isn't possible, but I'm going to prove them wrong. I'm probably only going to ride in 1st or 2nd only so I don't need to change gears as often.

As for the bicycle beating me, so far that's true. I'll be beaten by a child on a tricycle easily. It's amusing but I'll take it.

All I need is time!
    "Like I said in OP, aesthetics, so because I find the R1 mesmerizing, it is the only bike I want to be seen riding. My refusal to take the course is only because I am cheap, not because of poor judgment."

Those 2 things alone are signs of poor judgment. Take the course, they will teach you very important things that if you were to learn on your own. You would have an obituary or best case scenario a hospital visit and a wrecked bike...
    Last edited by jdmXSI; 05-10-2016 at 08:55 PM.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Default Re: Re: Re: Have a bike in garage since 2013, not sure what to do

All I need is time!
    You really need to check your pride at the door man. Either your going to kill/hurt yourself or someone else in the process of learning to ride.

Quit being a dumbass and feeding in the stereotypes of "stupid sport bike riders"

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

115lb rider on a R1 for a first bike? Sounds scary lol. Take a course and downgrade to a CBR500 or something.

Who cares if you dont want to be seen on any other bike than a R1. This is a dangerous game you're trying.

OP has to be trolling. HAS TO BE.

I refuse to accept that there is someone out there that friggen retarded that could be potentially on a R1.

My Ride
    ISF | R1

Originally posted by revelations
    At least this noobie/ litre bike tale will (likely) have a happy ending (assuming lessons are taken). So many others, dont.

PS, if I was in your shoes I would sell the R1 and get a used R3 instead. Smaller/better fit for smaller riders and much easier to learn on.

Your R1 is worth about 10k on the used market. Much less if you went to dealer and sold it back.

BTW a course WILL teach you things you might only learn after an crash. What is the cost of this?

Do you know what counter-steering is for eg, and what it does and when it takes effect? I knew wanna-be riders who didnt and paid the price. One guy I knew swallowed his pride and took a course, one guy kept riding until he had a serious enough crash to give it up.
    I want the slipper clutch on the R1 though, plus the R3 is not a pretty bike. Wouldn't want to be caught dead on it at all.

I know what counter-steering is, but I really do not want to do it. I just want to steer like a bicycle. I understand that it is the de-facto standard, but I like to be different.

spike98: Definitely not trolling. This is my life story.
    u don't fail till u give up

My Ride
    MR2

Pretty sure this guy is trolling. You don't even know how to use a clutch, a slipper clutch would have no benefit to you at all in the learning process. Anything on two wheels requires counter steering at decent speeds. Are you sure you know how to ride a bicycle? How old are you?
    If you don't want to counter steer, you'll never ride your bike faster than 20kmh

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast