Quantcast
Pokemon Go - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

My Ride
    2008 Z06

I just DL'ed the pokemon Go app on my iphone yesterday. Registered and started firing off the red balls at pokemon on the map. I don't know shit about pokemon, but I'm finding this interesting because of the interaction with the physical world.

I'm just level 3 so far. I don't understand the credit/upgrade etc stuff yet but I'll get there.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Some very straightforward guides are available here for everything, gives you some tips as the app itself kind of just throws you in with very little explanation.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/pokemon...ed-know-544262

I learned a lot about capturing pokemon, as well as how certain items actually work.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by Ekliptix
    I just DL'ed the pokemon Go app on my iphone yesterday. Registered and started firing off the red balls at pokemon on the map. I don't know shit about pokemon, but I'm finding this interesting because of the interaction with the physical world.

I'm just level 3 so far. I don't understand the credit/upgrade etc stuff yet but I'll get there.
    Each pokemon has a current CP (I think its Combat Points) and a max CP. If you use candies and stardust you can increase the current CP until you reach the max CP for that pokemon. The max CP is affected by your player level. For example at level 5 the max CP for Jynx may be 250, and when you're player levels up to 6, the max CP for Jynx may rise to 275.

All pokemon of one type (for example Jynx) will have the same max CP at a given player level. So there is no special or stronger ones of each species. That being said, some do have a higher starting CP which just means you'll spend less stardust and candies to reach the max CP.

My advice early on: Don't spend any stardust as you'll burn it all and in a few levels catch something stronger anyways. DO evolve as much as you can as you get 500xp for each evolution. So if you rake in a bunch of pidgeys, evolve them all so you can level up faster and catch stronger pokemon.

Also you can transfer excess/duplicate pokemon to the professor and receive one candy for that species. Aka dump weakling ones and/or if you have a bunch of one kind.

Once you reach level 5 you can battle at gyms. If you do beat a gym and put a pokemon to defend it, I suggest not using your strongest ones because then you can't use them to attack other gyms.

I don't even know WTF this is, but I saw at least 5 large groups of people huddled around with their phones out at lunch hour downtown today playing Pokemon haha.

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Originally posted by pheoxs

Each pokemon has a current CP (I think its Combat Points) and a max CP. If you use candies and stardust you can increase the current CP until you reach the max CP for that pokemon. The max CP is affected by your player level. For example at level 5 the max CP for Jynx may be 250, and when you're player levels up to 6, the max CP for Jynx may rise to 275.

All pokemon of one type (for example Jynx) will have the same max CP at a given player level. So there is no special or stronger ones of each species. That being said, some do have a higher starting CP which just means you'll spend less stardust and candies to reach the max CP.

My advice early on: Don't spend any stardust as you'll burn it all and in a few levels catch something stronger anyways. DO evolve as much as you can as you get 500xp for each evolution. So if you rake in a bunch of pidgeys, evolve them all so you can level up faster and catch stronger pokemon.

Also you can transfer excess/duplicate pokemon to the professor and receive one candy for that species. Aka dump weakling ones and/or if you have a bunch of one kind.

Once you reach level 5 you can battle at gyms. If you do beat a gym and put a pokemon to defend it, I suggest not using your strongest ones because then you can't use them to attack other gyms.
    When one of my Pokemon is battling, do I have to control it during the battle or does it fight on it's own?

Also, Nintendo stock has increased 58% in the last 5 days. $$$.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Ekliptix
    When one of my Pokemon is battling, do I have to control it during the battle or does it fight on it's own?
    Tap to attack. Swipe to evade.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

good to know, I just went on full attack mode... lol. stands to reason why I couldn't get past round 1 haha.

I was kind of surprised by all the people by the UoC just wondering around. It is kind of nice to see people get outside, I have to give this game that much.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

My Ride
    Horse

Went to Kensington, met ~50 others playing this

My Ride
    04 EP3'

Went to chinatown/princess island park tonight. Probably 100+ easily walking around. Lots of lure parties downtown. Can just go and linger around all catch good things. Caught a nidoqueen, golduck, meowth there.

Side note: is anyone having problems with their shop not loading? After I click on the icon a blank page appears. Was working last few days but not all of today. Tried to log out and log in but to no avail.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by petoria
    Went to chinatown/princess island park tonight. Probably 100+ easily walking around. Lots of lure parties downtown. Can just go and linger around all catch good things. Caught a nidoqueen, golduck, meowth there.

Side note: is anyone having problems with their shop not loading? After I click on the icon a blank page appears. Was working last few days but not all of today. Tried to log out and log in but to no avail.
    That's the server being laggy/buggy. Try later or reopen the app a few times sadly. Can't do much else

The lure party by princess island was awesome tonight, sadly couldn't stay long though

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Just made it to Level 5, and now have to choose a team. Any real benefit from one to another?

For those starting, I found it worked well being in a car, so it was easy to collect stops and Pokémon. Easy way to waste time if you are a passenger of course.

Kind of strange to come through Chinatown last night close to midnight and see bunches off people all busy on their cell phones - they sure are obvious.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by R-Audi
    Just made it to Level 5, and now have to choose a team. Any real benefit from one to another?

For those starting, I found it worked well being in a car, so it was easy to collect stops and Pokémon. Easy way to waste time if you are a passenger of course.
    Not a huge benefit. Blue seems to be the most popular which is good and bad. On one hand, lots of blue gyms you can help level up and collect coins from having pokemon inside it, on the downside, you get more XP from overtaking a gym than you do levelling it up.

In the long run it really doesn't matter. If you have any friends playing I'd just join them as it makes it more interesting (You can do team battles vs gyms)

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Originally posted by jwslam
    for all the true hongers:

https://www.facebook.com/einnagnez/m...385&type=3

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by pheoxs

In the long run it really doesn't matter.
    Well, it sort of does. Coins matter, and if you don't want to spend money on this game, you need to have gyms

I am just wondering maybe someone can answer this, by the sounds of it this game drains your battery. Game play is based off using GPS, how much data are people going through? I can't say with certainty but I think some carriers in the states provide massive data packages where here in Canada your looking at what maybe 6Gb how fast would people go through it?

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Since the game was released, I have used .2GB in total. Haven't played too much but I'm at lvl 8 now

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Originally posted by jdmXSI
    Since the game was released, I have used .2GB in total. Haven't played too much but I'm at lvl 8 now
    Very little data. Just in case you missed above... thats 0.2GB

Battery usage.... a lot. Will leave home (shawnessey area) with 95% and be under 60 by the time I get downtown on the train while playing the whole way.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Data is minimal. It uses google maps as a backend I think but minimal detail on it. I've used 44mb with probably 20-30hrs (actually probably more) of walking around now.

As for the battery I just take my 12000mah charger and use it the entire time. Otherwise my iphone 5's battery is toast in about 45 min (though my phones a POS on a normal day)

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast