Quantcast
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    No dealer should be charging you additional for lock nuts, mud guards and block heater...maybe I am misunderstanding the price though.

Back on topic, it doesn't really matter what Honda makes, it will be a #1 seller or close to it. I think the hatch looks pretty good from some angles, less so from others. The back has too much junk on it. Might be better in person. At least they made a hatch, that is good to see.

I think they got rid of those *incredibly* cheap looking steering wheel controls as well, that's good.
    Block heater, locks, mud guards all cost money. They have the right to charge for it. It is also then fair that you have the right to refuse those items on your car if you don't want them.

Originally posted by Aleks

Block heater, locks, mud guards all cost money. They have the right to charge for it. It is also then fair that you have the right to refuse those items on your car if you don't want them.
    I've never paid for them If the dealer wants to take it out of an already small profit margin after the deal that's up to them I guess. I've also been given the line by multiple dealers that I can't refuse them since they are already installed (they use that line for glass etching too). Every dealer is different though I guess.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I've never paid for them If the dealer wants to take it out of an already small profit margin after the deal that's up to them I guess. I've also been given the line by multiple dealers that I can't refuse them since they are already installed (they use that line for glass etching too). Every dealer is different though I guess.
    It's all about amount of margin. At $500-$1000 on a low end Civic, you better bet these items will cost extra, especially if it moves. Much different deal when you start moving into $30K and above where margin is a bit better. What's a couple hundred bucks of dealer cost to close a deal on $3k margin and potential life time of services jobs.

Originally posted by Xtrema

It's all about amount of margin. At $500-$1000 on a low end Civic, you better bet these items will cost extra, especially if it moves. Much different deal when you start moving into $30K and above where margin is a bit better. What's a couple hundred bucks of dealer cost to close a deal on $3k margin and potential life time of services jobs.
    Last two vehicle purchases I was involved in were both under $30K. I don't think they were making more than ~$500 based on my research and everything else that was thrown in. If they did the sale for a month-end kickback, that's fine since it doesn't affect me.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Last two vehicle purchases I was involved in were both under $30K. I don't think they were making more than ~$500 based on my research and everything else that was thrown in. If they did the sale for a month-end kickback, that's fine since it doesn't affect me.
    It really depends on how long it has been on the lot. If it's taking up space, there is a cost to that so they may rather it moves.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    It looks like an old person's idea of what young people think is cool.
    You really believe Honda has lost the plot as a corporation? These style decisions are made after hundreds of focus groups have had their say and changes are made. I'll remember your quote as every Civic hatch passes me, this will hit new records for Civic sales records in Canada.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

I'm curious how honda is gonna make the Si worth buying over the sport 6mt if both use a little 1.5t engine.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    I'm curious how honda is gonna make the Si worth buying over the sport 6mt if both use a little 1.5t engine.
    I think by only having the si as coupe and sedan and then hatch as the R.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Some Honda Dealership Test Drive Units

No dealer should be charging you additional for lock nuts, mud guards and block heater...maybe I am misunderstanding the price though.
    Originally posted by Aleks

Aleks is right. To my knoweldge as standard in every Alberta dealership block heater, locks, and mud guards come standard in any new vehicle but a customer can request not to have them, the only down side it will take around 3-4 months because it will come straight from the factory. You will still be charged for the freight, PDI and all that stuff but the dealer will make a note to not install those accessories.

ETCH is not mandatory its an option that you can have on your vehicle.

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    From what I've heard the Si is a coupe/sedan and the R will be a hatch, although no confirmation of the engine size. Some people say its a detuned version of the 2.0L turbocharge from the R while some people says that the Si will use the same engine as the 2017 ILX but who knows

My Ride
    2009 G37X sedan, 2009 Murano

Same ol boring chick cars

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2