Quantcast
RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: RAM 1500/2500/3500 Truck Thread

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Haha, shit sorry guys. I guess that's what I get for trying to type and talk on the phone at the same time.

Definitely meant traction.

I'll try the 4 low and holding the traction button off, should the traction light change colour or do anything differently if it's activated?

My Ride
    2005 F350

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    the hemi with the 8-speed transmission is a pretty nice powertrain, and that's coming from a serious ford guy.

I've heard several people mention that teh Ram is the best deal out these, but I haven't noticed that to be the case, I think they are just better at marketing their discounts. For reference, you should be able to get an F150 5.0L XTR for pretty close to that 34K price you mentioned. Maybe 38K, I haven't negotiated on one in a while, am I out to lunch on that?
    i know that i got my 2014 XTR Ecoboost for just over 34K and the eco engine costs more than a 5.0L.

you should definitely be able to get a V8 for around that price now. especially a 2016 if they have any left overs.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    2005 F350

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
    Haha, shit sorry guys. I guess that's what I get for trying to type and talk on the phone at the same time.

Definitely meant traction.

I'll try the 4 low and holding the traction button off, should the traction light change colour or do anything differently if it's activated?
    i don't think you should really be driving around the city in 4-low?

what is traction control doing that you don't like?

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Originally posted by SOAB

This was what I was thinking as well....that would't go over so well with the truck. I don't notice the traction control on this truck, unless I'm going through a slippery corner then the TCS light flickers on the dash. I've turned it off to get out of a deep snow bank once.

Originally posted by SOAB

I'll be honest, the TC and VSC on the F150 is awful... if its icy out it seems to be better to run 4x4 without T/C on

the TC on other cars and SUV's I've driven aren't nearly as invasive as how its programmed with the F150

gotta wonder if its the same situation with the Rams?

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by r3ccOs

I'll be honest, the TC and VSC on the F150 is awful... if its icy out it seems to be better to run 4x4 without T/C on

the TC on other cars and SUV's I've driven aren't nearly as invasive as how its programmed with the F150

I run my truck in 4x4 auto mode when the roads are bad/heavy snow. I do have winters as well but I find the system to be pretty good when it senses slippage. I havent winter driven an F150 so I cant really compare but it handles well on ice.. the biggest flaw is the Goodyear SRA tires...garbage.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by redblack
    When I bought my ram a comparable ecoboost was about 1200 more and a Sierra was close to 3k more. Tundra crew max was about 8k more lol
    When I was looking in 2014, Tundra was by far the best lease deal. And total prices were comparable. They were even doing around $10,000 in discounts if you paid cash. Prices have since gone up significantly at Toyota.

I've looked at Rams and F-150s a lot lately and I find that Rams have higher MSRP than Fords but Ram is also discounted way more from factory and the have better lease programs too. Also visited their respective boards too and truthfully the Ford forums are scary to read. Issue upon issue it seems from misfires/no start to doors not working in cold conditions. I'm sure it's skewed by the crazy volume they sell but that's just what I've seen browsing online.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

TC on the dodge is great in my opinion, you can pretty well pin it anywhere on slippery roads and it keeps you in check haha.... but ya, turning it all the way off doesn't seem to be a thing, you cant do donuts sorry man... Unless you pull a fuse.

My Ride
    2005 F350

Originally posted by r3ccOs

really? my truck has been solid this winter. i have my winters on and just leave it in 4A.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

I tested my TC in my Ram last night. TC off will let you wheelspin to infinity, but still keeps the stability program on halfway. With the TC off, it will let me hang it out far enough to play 'Tokyo Drift' on snowy roads in my old-man spec Longhorn, but pulls it back in line before looping it.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Any Dodge salesman on here? Not feeling the love with who I am currently dealing with and would rather hook a Beyonder up with the sale.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Main reason I was asking was because I spend about 30% of my time out at my farm and its quite a lot of fun ripping through the fields when there is a couple feet of snow. Just not much fun when traction control keeps you from pulling off huge slides. I held the button down for a solid 10 seconds and I heard a chime in the truck, the TC seems to be more disabled but sometimes I can still feel it cut power to the wheels when I'm pinning it through a corner.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Originally posted by carson blocks
    I tested my TC in my Ram last night. TC off will let you wheelspin to infinity, but still keeps the stability program on halfway. With the TC off, it will let me hang it out far enough to play 'Tokyo Drift' on snowy roads in my old-man spec Longhorn, but pulls it back in line before looping it.
    So far the traction control is my #1 complaint with the truck. Interferes way too much for my taste even when "off"

Anyone else consider running cardboard upfront? -20 seems to be the cut off for my truck. Takes forever to heat up even when driving.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

I don't find the TC too intrusive personally, way less than the Fords, but it's a preference thing I suppose. It would be nice to completely disable it, but it still lets me play 'parking lot drift king' after a fresh snow so good enough for me. Mine is a '16 with the 5.7 and 8 speed if there's any difference in the TC between years and powertrains.

As far as the heat, mine seems to be fine, it blows hot pretty quickly. What year is yours? Does it need a new thermostat? If the t-stat sticks open, it will take forever to warm up and never really get warm on cold days.

Originally posted by chathamf
    Any Dodge salesman on here? Not feeling the love with who I am currently dealing with and would rather hook a Beyonder up with the sale.
    Are you looking for new or used?

Contact Redlyne_mr2, he 's in the industry and can point you to the right direction if you want to deal with a Beyonder.

I bought mine from Sherwood Park Dodge last summer, my brother in law knew one of the finance managers there and I could give you his info if you don't mind the 3 hour drive. Straightforward, no BS transaction. I dealt with most of the Chrysler dealership's in Calgary, I even had AMVIC involved to get my deposit back from one of them, no one could match what the Sherwood Park guys offered.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Originally posted by Clever

Are you looking for new or used?

Contact Redlyne_mr2, he 's in the industry and can point you to the right direction if you want to deal with a Beyonder.

I bought mine from Sherwood Park Dodge last summer, my brother in law knew one of the finance managers there and I could give you his info if you don't mind the 3 hour drive. Straightforward, no BS transaction. I dealt with most of the Chrysler dealership's in Calgary, I even had AMVIC involved to get my deposit back from one of them, no one could match what the Sherwood Park guys offered.
    Looking for new. Is he a salesman around here? Not willing to travel to Edmonton.

Redline_mr2 works out of Red Deer I think, but again send him a PM as he is one of the trusted OG's here and would be able to point you to the right direction.

On a different note, is anyone else having issues with their tailgate not closing when it's cold outside? I started having issues once it got really cold the last few weeks and would take several hard shoves before the tailgate locks.

My Ride
    Trucks

Redline_mr2 works out of Red Deer I think, but again send him a PM as he is one of the trusted OG's here and would be able to point you to the right direction.

On a different note, is anyone else having issues with their tailgate not closing when it's cold outside? I started having issues once it got really cold the last few weeks and would take several hard shoves before the tailgate locks.
    The rubber bump stops are probably frozen rock hard. Normally they are fairly soft and keep the tailgate from rattling around while closed.

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Haven't had issues on mine, but it's probably the grease that is on the locking latch mechanism that is way stiffer since it has been super cold outside. Maybe try spraying it with WD40 or something that will thaw it out?

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Originally posted by carson blocks

As far as the heat, mine seems to be fine, it blows hot pretty quickly. What year is yours? Does it need a new thermostat? If the t-stat sticks open, it will take forever to warm up and never really get warm on cold days.
    Mine is a 2017. I also don't plug it in which doesn't really help.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast