Quantcast
roadies ride and beer - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: roadies ride and beer

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

The CPN group ride this evening is cancelled. The CPN group ride on Sat should be ok as long as the weather stays dry. I'll likely ride with them this week. Just a headsup, taillight is mandatory for all CPN ride.

I'll organize a Beyond ride as we get better weather, fingers crossed.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

Saturday is looking decent weather wise, but who knows what will happen.

I'm still doubtful either way. I finally got my bike back with the Pioneer left side PM last week... Only thing is it doesn't work. It pairs and calibrates fine with the Garmin 520 and also Zwift but the power readings during riding are either 0W or really low numbers, not in any way congruent to what is recorded by the Tacx Neo. The cadence readings are bang on FWIW.

I'm suspicious that it's been installed incorrectly. Steve at Cactus Bike and Ski, despite being an authorized Pioneer retailer, seems to be dealing with all of this for the first time. So I dropped it back at the shop today so that they can find a solution.

My Ride
    Wankels!

Did you calibrate / zero the crank?
    My 4iiii was reading super low until I zeroed it. Not sure how the pioneer unit works the same way.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

Yup calibrated it with the Garmin 520 head unit. Had the cranks perpendicular to the ground as well. Once it calibrates, the head unit also reports torque which went down to 0.0 after a few seconds. I assume this is correct as there is no force on the cranks and I was unclipped. Still nothing. Tried removing the battery and restarting the sensor, unpaired and then repaired but to avail. Bummer! Also a headache.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

That sucks. It's almost a good thing for you that the weather has been a toilet lately.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

I'm down for the CPN group ride tomorrow morning. 10am start? For how long roughly? I'm planning to sign up for the MEC spring century May 20 so may have to try and find some additional mileage elsewhere depending on how much we do.

Also update regarding the Pioneer PM... it doesn't work with the FSA SLK carbon crank, this we know now after a lot of trouble shooting. Pioneer tech support confirms this as well, though it seems their sales team is following a different news feed.

Anyways, with that soap opera done, I drove onto Bow Cycle after work and got the Garmin Vector 2S pedal system. Despite it being such a massive store, the guys there are pretty nice and knowledgeable. It synced with my 520 head unit and calibrated beautifully, will have to test it against the turbo trainer/Zwift to see how congruent but that's for another day. Excited to ride with power!

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Haven't updated this in awhile. Group ride with CPN is back this sat morning at 10. Anyone is welcome to join. The full distance will be 75k with a coffee stop in Cochrane.

As mentioned in the Highwood thread. Jun15 is coming up quick. I already have plan to go up on Jun10. If the road is good, I may even do it next week. Let me know if anyone wants to ride together.

Rode with buh_buh and KJUMP last weekend at the MEC ride. It was a pretty good paceline until my chain dropped then it was pretty much solo mission for me. Gotta get my FD adjusted.

My Ride
    Wankels!

Originally posted by lilmira
    Gotta get my FD adjusted.
    Big ring only.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by Penguin_Racecar

Big ring only.
    My legs just mumbled a bunch of bad words.

My Ride
    Macan GTS

The MEC century was fun, it was nice to get some good speed going on the long stretches. Way back there were some harrowing cross winds at times that made me hold tight.

Think I'm gonna check out the Velo Cafe group ride tomorrow, it's like 5 blocks from my place. Will see how it goes, seems like they're planning a ride down south into road to Nepal and back.

https://www.strava.com/routes/8875994

Originally posted by lilmira
    Haven't updated this in awhile. Group ride with CPN is back this sat morning at 10. Anyone is welcome to join. The full distance will be 75k with a coffee stop in Cochrane.

As mentioned in the Highwood thread. Jun15 is coming up quick. I already have plan to go up on Jun10. If the road is good, I may even do it next week. Let me know if anyone wants to ride together.

Rode with buh_buh and KJUMP last weekend at the MEC ride. It was a pretty good paceline until my chain dropped then it was pretty much solo mission for me. Gotta get my FD adjusted.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4