Quantcast
MoH Warfighter - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: MoH Warfighter

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Default MoH Warfighter

We all know the general consensus of last years MoH revival was not that amazing , personally i enjoyed the MP alot by playing it with a different mindset and the SP i liked the storyline but wished it was longer.

Warfighter looks like it's about Navy Seals Tier 1 ops again, will run Frostbite 2 of course, some DICE devs moved to Danger Close for it as well, so who knows might turn out to be pretty damned good using FB 2.0 for the whole game, hopefully, since last year the revival SP ran off an Unreal 3 engine and the MP ran off FB 1.5.

Narrator's language sounds like Farsi, so maybe Iran? or maybe it's arabic, idk

Teaser from GDC:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Last edited by n1zm0; 03-06-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Some more sniping across spawns? No thanks lol

Also it's been mentioned a lot but what a stupid title.

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Haven't they, um, still not fixed the 2010 MOH? Well, just like BF3, EA will just release another game for $60 us sheeple will buy and lament about year after year.
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

Originally posted by 1barA4
    Haven't they, um, still not fixed the 2010 MOH? Well, just like BF3, EA will just release another game for $60 us sheeple will buy and lament about year after year.
    Truthfully, i'd rather buy an EA game vs any CoD or MW game. I've never been a fan of Medal of Honor, but at least their games do feel different. BF3 feels quite different from BC2, where as MW1 to MW2 was hardly a difference... if anything, much worse with its lack of leaning.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    i-VTEC

Medal of Honor was not bad. And now with Frostbite 2 engine, it should be pretty bad ass. I am looking forward to it.
    Built On Self Success

My Ride
    S14|TB1

In a nice nod to the fact video games are enjoyed by people living outside the United States, this time the action will take place all over the planet (fighting pirates in Somalia, shooting terrorists in Malaysia) and will feature allies and soldiers from all over the planet to boot.

Sadly, they're restricted to multilayer (where this time it's "blue vs blue" and not "America vs Taliban"), but there's Australian, German, Polish and British special forces mentioned, with a further seven flashing past you real fast in the trailer from yesterday.

EA also says that sections of the game have been written by actual soldiers, and "reveals the heartbreaking side of war, told through the eyes of military families". Which could only go one of two very extreme ways depending on how well they pull it off.

http://kotaku.com/5891170/medal-of-h...-fight-pirates
    we will get to play as soldiers from other countries than America for once?! highly doubt it but would be very cool to experience, the last statement as well is very true, you can only do 'through the eyes of military families' one or two different ways with good reception, walking on eggshells for that part of the plot imo.

but fighting waterborne piracy would be a cool change, i mean its still modern combat but a very different setting and S.O.Ps depending on regions that it takes place in.

My Ride
    1.8GHZ of V-TECH

The narrator is definitely not speaking farsi, i'd say arabic probably

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by NRGie
    The narrator is definitely not speaking farsi, i'd say arabic probably
    i guess they had a demo running at GDC with gameplay, the article says that they took place in the Phillipines and Somolia, definitely not tagalog so i think it must be somoli?

in anycase, looks like in the SP you will play as many different special ops groups from around the world and not just the typical Yankee POV (they flash all the groups with a country flag in the trailer) fighting piracy and what not then in MP you fight 'blue vs blue' or spec ops unit vs spec ops unit, very cool, you're not fighting 'the bad guys' in MP anymore.

Greg Goodrich, executive producer on the series, came on stage to talk about how the new game will be a global fight this time around.

The story won't be based on one historical event, but rather multiple connected events from around the world. Some examples of this include fighting pirates on the Somali coast, to rescuing hostages in the Philippines.

This global perspective also applies to the multiplayer. The team at Danger Close are taking a "page from the FIFA playbook" by giving players a selection of 12 Tier 1 international units from ten different nations to pick from. Some of the revealed forces will include British SAS, Australian SASR, German KSK and Polish GROM.

This will also bring about a "Blue on Blue playlist," meaning this will pit good guys versus good guys in multiplayer. It was described as a "Who would win in a fight" type scenario.

Finally, after all this was described we got to see a live demo of Warfighter in action. The game was looking great running on the Frostbite 2 engine, and the audio design was as superb as ever. This particular mission was a rescue op in the Philippines, where the US Tier 1 forces were working with local PCT units to save hostages. It was pretty standard stuff, but a new dual scope attachment was shown off on one of the assault rifles.

http://www.destructoid.com/gdc-moh-w...a-223366.phtml
    click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

As such, Taskforce Mako will be head-shotting Al-Shabab terrorists in Somalia and (on show in this instance) battling Abu Sayyaf militants in Isabela City in the Philippines. The scene is as graphically impressive as it is devastating: a typhoon has battered the city and separatists have used the chaos caused by flooding to take aid workers hostage - locking themselves up tight in the Capital Building. It's time, then, for Mother, Preacher and the Phillippine Counter Terrorist forces to get out there and do their thing...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...r-goes-global/
    so actual terrorist factions that exist in the world atm