Quantcast
sexual harrasment/bullying forces female police officer to publicly resign - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: sexual harrasment/bullying forces female police officer to publicly resign

a good first step sounds like the police union or higher ups dealing with complaints as they get reported instead of ignoring them. There were some news articles saying the union wouldnt bother when it involved 2 officers.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Women going into those professions must know damn well that it's going to be an uphill fight for their entire career. This won't go away in our lifetime, shitty deal.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

That is a solid idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by gwill
    a good first step sounds like the police union or higher ups dealing with complaints as they get reported instead of ignoring them. There were some news articles saying the union wouldnt bother when it involved 2 officers.
    Sometimes I am very surprised about these sorts of things, but maybe I shouldn't be.

I honestly am just very surprised when something like this happens, because as long as I've been working, this kind of crap isn't acceptable. Sure, I've heard some shitty remarks, but the stuff being reported is way overboard.

Like the stuff that happened with Uber, even a decade ago I would have been what??

Originally posted by max_boost
    lol it is but when there are girls around everyone just shuts up. Maybe some members of CPS can learn to do that.
    Yea I think the problem is a although most guys know when to turn off that talk there are a few that don't. The fact that most guys aren't douchebags and understand that things they say do have an impact on those around them doesn't matter when there are a few douchebags around

Like cruising with your buddies. It doesn't matter if 9/10 of you have cleanly modified cars there is always that one friend with cut springs, rusted fenders, horrible sounding exhaust and a gangster lean that makes the rest of you look like shitheads too.

lets not pretend a few bad apples make the rest look worst.. there were reports that found the work place bullying and harrassment was rampant yet they continued to ignore these issues.

The mentality seems to be if you ignore it then it never happened. I think its ridiculous so many officers have had to hire a lawyer due to the lack of action from the management team and union.

Im sure we can all think of certain jobs where a sleezy owner or small business would ignore this type of issue but seeing the issue being ignored within the police force is mind boggling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2