Quantcast
2017 Extreme Weather Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Extreme Weather Thread

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    wife measured 8 inches so far...
    Can't believe nobody threw in a "that's what she said" comment until now...

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Kloubek

Can't believe nobody threw in a "that's what she said" comment until now...
    That's because we're not petulant children.

My Ride
    2015 GMC 2500HD Dirtymax

Honda blower has done near half the houses on the block, Neighbours keep knocking on my door asking if they can borrow it... Beer fridge will be stocked for a while!

My Ride
    Axis powers

Live on a snow route.. asshole neighbor doesn't give a fuck and won't move his car for this or even when they do street cleaning, hopefully he gets towed but I doubt it

He's the only car parked on the street, fucking dipshit
    Sig nuked by mod.

Originally posted by bigbadboss101

I am tempted. What model did you get? Doesn't take me too long to do driveway and sidewalks plus neighbors' sidewalks but 3x a day is not that exciting.
    I'm on my third season of my Craftsman 22" single stage. For what we get here it's all I need. Bonus is the rubber paddle scrapes the ground bare as opposed to the 2 stage ones.

Ive never maxed this thing out and it throws it enough for my needs. $500 at Sears a while back on sale. All blowers should be on sale soon.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Took me 35 minutes from Hamptons to Adesa in Airdrie at 7am this morning. Scariest drive of my life flat towing my company car behind a F150 with all seasons.

Then it took me 1 hour and 30 minutes to get from Adesa to Parkdale at 4:15pm this afternoon, at least half that was spent stuck between Deerfoot and John Laurie on McKnight behind the dolts who had shitty tires, shitty tires and shitty driving skills, or just shitty driving skills trying to take off from lights.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:24 PM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by flipstah

That's because we're not petulant children.

Ouch.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by adam c
    Live on a snow route.. asshole neighbor doesn't give a fuck and won't move his car for this or even when they do street cleaning, hopefully he gets towed but I doubt it

He's the only car parked on the street, fucking dipshit
    Have a guy on our street doing this too. We moved both vehicles into our alley and hopefully won't be an issue with the garbage truck tomorrow.
    I am honestly surprised at how shitty the roads were allowed to get.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Originally posted by blubs
    Honda blower has done near half the houses on the block, Neighbours keep knocking on my door asking if they can borrow it... Beer fridge will be stocked for a while!
    Lucky, my idiot neighbour(god love him) keeps shovelling the walk at 7-8AM and has been doing so since Saturday...haven't had enough snow left to justify breaking out my Toro! Worst part is he knows I have a snowblower and will happily do his walk for him...

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Originally posted by blubs
    You don't happen to live in Coventry Hills do you ? Near Nose Creek School? There has been a blower going for damn near an hour +now ...lol
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Originally posted by firebane

Have a guy on our street doing this too. We moved both vehicles into our alley and hopefully won't be an issue with the garbage truck tomorrow.
    I am honestly surprised at how shitty the roads were allowed to get.
    I don't think it's a case of being allowed, just that the CoC just doesn't have the resources to throw at even a minor snow event such as this to meet many resident's wants. I suppose the CoC could but then it would mean cuts elsewhere or increased taxes - it would be interesting to find out how Edmonton handles their snow or Montreal.

It's just kind of difficult in Calgary - do you keep a huge inventory of equipment and manpower on standby for very rare events like this latest one when it is quite uncommon in Calgary. Then again, we do live in a place where winter is expected but it seems that people do not want to be inconvenienced by winter.

There really is no easy answer for any of this - for the next 72 or whatever hours that the snow route parking ban is on, I would dearly love to see every vehicle parked on a snow route ticketed and towed to the impound lot. The city always threatens and yet I can guarantee without a doubt that there will be at least half a dozen vehicles on 40th Avenue NW just west of James Fowler High School that will remain where they are - the plows will just go around them and nothing will change.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Coventry friends; how 'bout that that stop sign @ the Husky Gas station Always so nervous approaching that coming in from the right of way side that someone's just gonna slide right through....

Winched out 3 cargo vans today. DHL, Purolator and a TELUS van.

The kid in the telus van was flooring it in neutral once I winched him out, and thought he was still stuck

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Saw an AWD CUV stuck slightly uphill in the snow today because of shitty tires. Pretty cool to see all the wheels spinning and going nowhere.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Kijho
    Coventry friends; how 'bout that that stop sign @ the Husky Gas station Always so nervous approaching that coming in from the right of way side that someone's just gonna slide right through....
    Yup, i slow way down for that one.

But there are 2 that are even worse. Turning right after coming down the side of Coventry Hills elementary, and turning south at the lights after that.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Originally posted by spikerS

Yup, i slow way down for that one.
    But there are 2 that are even worse. Turning right after coming down the side of Coventry Hills elementary, and turning south at the lights after that.
    I don't live that far in so I don't see those ones!

Country Hills Blvd @ 14th NE (McDonalds) was worse this morning. It's horrible bumpy/ rutted - semi's stuck in the ruts, car's stuck on the adjacent side, it was an all around cluster f*ck at 6am this morning

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

The bridge decks are icy for sure. The one on Beddington to Deerfoot people were going 30km. One from Deerfoot to Memorial wasn't icy yet people still go slowly. Then of course you get people who fly down the Deerfoot at 110km as well.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Probably the worst response by the city's roads dept, ever. I have never seen so much sheer ice on Calgary's main roads before.
    Agreed. I was worried I wouldn't make it up 14th St yesterday.

Light sprinkle of gravel this morning but not much on my route from NW. They must be saving all the gravel to make into Frac sand for when the boom happens.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Kloubek

Ouch.
    I kid. 10/10. Would laugh again.

So the plow session has now made the roads rougher than a teenager's face.

I thought I bent a wheel last night! Today is going to suck, especially in the DT underpasses

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast