Quantcast
Recession car deals - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Recession car deals

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by rage2

There's a second issue that hasn't been resolved, up to and including the last 6.2L V8 that's rolling off the assembly lines.

http://wot.motortrend.com/mercedes-b...ne-120297.html

I thought it'd be a rare event, but it happened to a friend of mine at fairly low kms and luckily under warranty. MB fixed the issue, but only for the SLS motor. When it breaks, and not caught early enough, it can be catostrophic (valve drop into cylinders).

The fix is to use SLS lifters, which if it happens under warranty, MB repairs it using SLS lifters.

Even tho it's like the headbolt issue in that it only happens to a small % of cars, it's one of the reasons I sold my BS as the warranty was about to expire. If it happened to my car and I got the updated lifters, I probably would've kept it. Scared of the ticking timebomb as I would've likely kept the car for a long time.

Well, that's pretty much removed the C63 from my shopping list for my next car. Unless of course, the fix has been done.

Is this still a problem on the 507? I thought that had SLS internals.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The 507, BS, and any development pack car has SLS pistons, rods, and crank. The cylinder head is the same as every other C63 and differs from the SLS cylinder head.

Again, the chances of it happening are slim. But based on when my car was built, I figured there's a high statistical chance that it would happen to me. With that being said, the fix isn't cheap. If it's not catastrophic, it's around $30k retail. If a valve dropped, you're looking for a new motor.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Nothing

The 507, BS, and any development pack car has SLS pistons, rods, and crank. The cylinder head is the same as every other C63 and differs from the SLS cylinder head.

Again, the chances of it happening are slim. But based on when my car was built, I figured there's a high statistical chance that it would happen to me. With that being said, the fix isn't cheap. If it's not catastrophic, it's around $30k retail. If a valve dropped, you're looking for a new motor.
    Sounds like a good reason to do an LS-swap
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by M.alex

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 02:18 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by M.alex

My Ride
    93 Prelude, 02 WRX

There's a second issue that hasn't been resolved, up to and including the last 6.2L V8 that's rolling off the assembly lines.

http://wot.motortrend.com/mercedes-b...ne-120297.html

I thought it'd be a rare event, but it happened to a friend of mine at fairly low kms and luckily under warranty. MB fixed the issue, but only for the SLS motor. When it breaks, and not caught early enough, it can be catostrophic (valve drop into cylinders).

The fix is to use SLS lifters, which if it happens under warranty, MB repairs it using SLS lifters.

Even tho it's like the headbolt issue in that it only happens to a small % of cars, it's one of the reasons I sold my BS as the warranty was about to expire. If it happened to my car and I got the updated lifters, I probably would've kept it. Scared of the ticking timebomb as I would've likely kept the car for a long time.
    Is this issue something that would be avoided by swapping in the SLS or SLS Black Series valve buckets? From what I have read, doing those along with the ARP head studs should take care of the major reliability issues on the M156.

I have toyed with the idea of picking up an older C or E 63, and would be budgeting those upgrades right away when purchasing one.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by ColoDano

Is this issue something that would be avoided by swapping in the SLS or SLS Black Series valve buckets? From what I have read, doing those along with the ARP head studs should take care of the major reliability issues on the M156.

I have toyed with the idea of picking up an older C or E 63, and would be budgeting those upgrades right away when purchasing one.
    When I was thinking about it, I was budgeting for the ARP stud swap... but swapping out SLS valve components as well? That's too much to justify IMO. I don't need a C63 that bad haha.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm not trying to scare anyone off here. Fact is, there are many M156's have run 150k miles without any issues. I simply brought it up because for someone buying a used one, they would probably want to know of potential issues. I'd jump on a high mileage one no questions asked, if it hasn't happened by 80k kms, you're probably good to go.

I love that engine, and got a little spooked when it happened to a friend's car with my car running out of warranty in a few months. When I had a chance to sell the car with almost no depreciation, I jumped on the opportunity.

At some point, I'll buy another one again, probably a Euro spec CLK63 Black Series when they're legal here (assuming it's not too expensive by then).
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

My 2011 C63 had absolutely no issues at all at 66K km's. I had extended warranty still when I got rid of it but it honestly gave me absolutely no grief and that car had an accidental hit of $30K on it when it was brand new. I think the issues are so rare that it's not something that you should be worried about THAT much. If you go for a well maintained unit that has been taken care of, I am sure you will be fine.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Anyone find any decent deals lately?

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

TDI powered cars should be on sale soon?

My Ride
    M3P

Thanks to RAJ for selling me off the C63.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Lexus is having a firesale on the RC-F's, not sure how many are left though. That's how I ended up with one.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Lexus/RC+...PO&orup=2_15_6

$15k off already discounted price, $65k haha.

Lexus is having a firesale on the RC-F's, not sure how many are left though. That's how I ended up with one.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Lexus/RC+...mp;orup=2_15_6

$15k off already discounted price, $65k haha.
    Are you going to do a review on the RC-F?? I'd be very interested in reading it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I will be after I finish setting up the suspension. About 1/2 way done already.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Any cheap VW TDI showing up yet :P

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I'll buy an RC-F right now if it was 65k OTD non-demo
    Last edited by Disoblige; 09-22-2015 at 01:35 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Someone claimed he got a 2015 TLX SH-AWD for lease of $375/month/48 mos/$19K residual out in Ontario. This is a otherwise $44K car.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/2015-...r-hot-1818457/

This week only. Sounds great for anyone trying to reduce monthly payment and still get a great/reliable AWD sedan.

The buyout also seems high if CBB value of old TL is any indication.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Someone claimed he got a 2015 TLX SH-AWD for lease of $375/month/48 mos/$19K residual out in Ontario. This is a otherwise $44K car.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/2015-...r-hot-1818457/

This week only. Sounds great for anyone trying to reduce monthly payment and still get a great/reliable AWD sedan.

The buyout also seems high if CBB value of old TL is any indication.
    That is an awesome deal, anyone know if this is offered at either of the Calgary dealerships? Might go take a look tomorrow..

Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast