Need 7 Seater SUV - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need 7 Seater SUV

My Ride
    Exploded.

XC90 is nice third row but trunk space is so so

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

A lot of people dismiss vans, but honestly, they are awesome. Way more interior space than any SUV. Nice to drive (at least compared to three-row SUVs), good fuel economy. If you are using that rear seat twice a month, I predict a van would serve you well.

Buy good winter tires and you don't need AWD either.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    V8s

Lexus GX460. Still 7 seater, smaller than LX570. Bulletproof.

My Ride
    2005 F350

VW has the new Atlas coming out that is a 7 seater.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    '15 Golf GTI, '10 Jetta TDI

latest Sorrento looks pretty good inside. We cross-shopped this and the Santa Fe and I prefered the Sorrento. Explorer is also something we looked at.

If you aren't in a complete rush, you could always tour the auto-show that's coming this week to sit in a few and get the general feel of what the space is like. Also I believe VW will have their Atlas there.

My Ride
    Stuff

We had a 2015 Acura MDX and it was a great vehicle, we switched to a new Jeep GC mostly because I prefer Jeeps. I know my wife regrets the change and would have preferred to keep the MDX.
    I like cars.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

New nissan armada is out too. It's the nissan patrol from overseas.
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by afrotl

What year?
    Well mine was a 2007, but I wouldn't recommend that year since they had some transfer case issues, and the engine gained some horsepower in 2008. Other than that, there were virtually no noticeable changes until something like 2013 - but even then it was really just cosmetic exterior changes. They kept the interior through to the new model.

Yes, the new CX9 is an entirely different beast than the one I am talking about, but being that you are coming from a 2008 Mitsu, I imagine you're looking around a cheaper price point so that's why the 2008+ CX9 will fit your needs.

I found the V6 engine to be peppy (0-60 under 8 seconds), the interior to be nicely designed and bordering on luxurious, and the handling to be far better than you would expect for a vehicle of it's size. The 3rd row actually fits adults - though it is indeed snug. Far better than the flimsy 3rd row I think your vehicle had?

Someone else suggested the MDX. If having the same vehicles as scores of others and that rather peculiar headlight configuration doesn't bother you, then those are excellent too. Even more sporting than the CX9. You pay a bit more though since they command a premium.

If, by chance, you do decide to look at CX9's, go for the GT version for sure, and check the trim panel above the license place on the liftgate to make sure it hasn't rubbed against the metal and created rust. Other than that, there are few known issues on the 2008+.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    A lot of people dismiss vans, but honestly, they are awesome. Way more interior space than any SUV. Nice to drive (at least compared to three-row SUVs), good fuel economy. If you are using that rear seat twice a month, I predict a van would serve you well.

agreed nothing really beats a van. but sometimes ya wanna look pimp and it's hard to look in a van unless ya do some modding.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Is it just me or do the new MDX and Q7 look like minivans from the back? I'm sure some point in the future, Acura or Audi will just start putting sliding doors on these crossovers.

Check out the New Volvo XC90, great looks,tech and build quailty~
    and a 3rd row if you need it

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by gpomp
    Is it just me or do the new MDX and Q7 look like minivans from the back? I'm sure some point in the future, Acura or Audi will just start putting sliding doors on these crossovers.
    They both look like minivans from any angle. They have been lowered and have that van boxy look.

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Originally posted by danno
    I've been thinking about a mdx, q7, gl, or pilot. I flip flop on brand all the time but I'm leaning towards mdx lately.
    I thought about the Pilot but was advised against it cos of the fuel consumption.

2014 MDX?
    It only takes premium fuel though.

GL350/450?
    Nice rides but maybe a bit too rich for my blood.

The new Mazda CX9 has a wicked high end looking interior. If your budget was higher I would look at a Volvo XC90
    I was looking at the new 2017 CX9 they are nice. Yeah the Volvo is nice too but you are right a bit high on the finance side.

Toyota Highlander
    That is definitely on my list

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/dodg...st-look-review/
    Sweet ride

Can't see myself in an Mini Van lol just not for me.

Lexus GX460. Still 7 seater, smaller than LX570. Bulletproof.
    Got to take a look at the GX460 didn't even think of that

latest Sorrento looks pretty good inside. We cross-shopped this and the Santa Fe and I prefered the Sorrento. Explorer is also something we looked at.

If you aren't in a complete rush, you could always tour the auto-show that's coming this week to sit in a few and get the general feel of what the space is like. Also I believe VW will have their Atlas there.
    I will take a trip to the car show and see what they have

Well mine was a 2007, but I wouldn't recommend that year since they had some transfer case issues, and the engine gained some horsepower in 2008. Other than that, there were virtually no noticeable changes until something like 2013 - but even then it was really just cosmetic exterior changes. They kept the interior through to the new model.

Yes, the new CX9 is an entirely different beast than the one I am talking about, but being that you are coming from a 2008 Mitsu, I imagine you're looking around a cheaper price point so that's why the 2008+ CX9 will fit your needs.

I found the V6 engine to be peppy (0-60 under 8 seconds), the interior to be nicely designed and bordering on luxurious, and the handling to be far better than you would expect for a vehicle of it's size. The 3rd row actually fits adults - though it is indeed snug. Far better than the flimsy 3rd row I think your vehicle had?
    Someone else suggested the MDX. If having the same vehicles as scores of others and that rather peculiar headlight configuration doesn't bother you, then those are excellent too. Even more sporting than the CX9. You pay a bit more though since they command a premium.
    If, by chance, you do decide to look at CX9's, go for the GT version for sure, and check the trim panel above the license place on the liftgate to make sure it hasn't rubbed against the metal and created rust. Other than that, there are few known issues on the 2008+.
    I will look at reviews on the 2008+ and see what the known issues are.
    Do you understand the words that are coming out of your mouth?

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Originally posted by Aleks

They both look like minivans from any angle. They have been lowered and have that van boxy look.

You are right....lol

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Originally posted by max_boost
    agreed nothing really beats a van. but sometimes ya wanna look pimp and it's hard to look in a van unless ya do some modding.
    Hahaha you are right it's hard to look pimping in a van.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I like both the Audi and Acura haha must be getting old.

My Ride
    V8s

Just an FYI, unless you do a ton of driving, the incremental cost of premium fuel is probably only a few hundred bucks per year. That probably should place pretty low on the hierarchy of importance for things that are influencing your choice

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Originally posted by danno
    I like both the Audi and Acura haha must be getting old.
    I have always owned Acura's, first the EL and the TL but when I was in the market for the SUV. The Mitsu was more in my price range.

My Ride
    2015 Highlander

Originally posted by cjblair
    Just an FYI, unless you do a ton of driving, the incremental cost of premium fuel is probably only a few hundred bucks per year. That probably should place pretty low on the hierarchy of importance for things that are influencing your choice
    I do drive to work every day about 64 km in total and drive to Okotoks and Airdrie at least once a month.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Got a Santa Fe in November and absolutely love the thing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast