Quantcast
Kitchen Appliances, what brands? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Appliances, what brands?

Kitchenaid for appliances, LG for washer/dryer, Samsung for TV's. Sure there are other options but these are all good price/reliability in their categories.

My Ride
    '13 MazdaSpeed 3, Zoom Zoom!

Amazon.com reviews has lots of opinions, but they're usually pretty contradictory, some love and some hate the same units.

Anyone believe what Consumer Reports ratings have to say?
    My Karma ran over your Dogma

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by E46..sTyLez
    Samsung is an electronics brand, whereas for example Bosch strictly makes appliances.
    Neither of those statements are true.

They are both enormous conglomerates with their hands in just about every pie known to man. Ones Korean and ones German. Aside from that they are pretty damn similar.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by killramos

They are both enormous conglomerates with their hands in just about every pie known to man. Ones Korean and ones German. Aside from that they are pretty damn similar.

Mitsubishi Electric is a good example.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^ Exactly or Hyundai

We know Hyundai for their cars and Samsung for their cell phones. But those are just slices in the pie of their actual business.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

My KitchenAid appliances all had major problems in the first year that were covered under warranty, for the last 4-5 years they've been fine. I wouldn't re-buy based on my experience.

My Ride
    550i, X5

Yea after browsing a bit, it is not accurate, my mistake. I still feel the same about their quality of appliances though, but I made the wrong statement to relay my opinion.

Maybe I should have said, Samsung makes everything but Bosch appears to specialize in appliances. I believe they are the largest manufacturer of home appliances.

I've owned 2 top of the line Samsung dishwashers and they both crapped out within 3 months.

Like I said before though, I love Samsung for everything EXCEPT their appliances.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Of course, a perfectly good explanation is boring, so the answer is, it's fucking voodoo.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I believe they are the largest manufacturer of home appliances.
    That would be Whirlpool

And I don't disagree with you on relative quality of their appliances i just thought i would give credit where credit is due. Bosch appliances are the shit.

fact.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Maybe I should have said, Samsung makes everything but Bosch appears to specialize in appliances. I believe they are the largest manufacturer of home appliances.
    Hmm.

Let see. I know bosch makes power tools, alarm security panels, IP Cameras, car ECUs, windshield wipers, fuel pumps, diagnostic equipment, etc. just to name a few things outside appliances.

some people like the same appliance brand for all their stuff, but we went with what we liked.

Kitchen Aid fridge
    Bosch Dishwasher and induction cook top
    Electrolux double oven and microwave / speedoven
    LG washer and dryer
    Faber hood fan with custom enclosure

My Ride
    Exploded.

Bosch HPFP's are standard in Volkswagens. At least in the Golf, it is.

But Bosch appliances are awesome. So much cash though.

My Ride
    550i, X5

That would be Whirlpool

Lol it's actually Haier, I just checked haha. Whirlpool is number 2. Bosch is the industry leader in Europe according to wiki

I am clearly no expert, and my foot tastes disgusting so I'm going to leave it at that haha.
    Of course, a perfectly good explanation is boring, so the answer is, it's fucking voodoo.

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

I have the higher end Kitchen Aid electric stove/range and fridge, they've worked very well. My Bosch dishwasher rocks!

If I were to do it from scratch, it would be either Bosch or Miele for the dishwasher, Wolf, Miele or Thermador for the range/stove/cooktop, Sub-zero for the fridge.

So far good luck with the LG Washer & Dryer happy with those.

The problem nowadays is all the electronics in the items, there's engineered obsolescence. I still remember growing up my parents with the Kenmore or Kitchenaid appliances that lasted 15-20 years. Luckily none of my appliances have needed replacing thus far!

Went to Trail Appliances just to check out what's available and there's so much to choose from and I had lots of sticker shock. The super expensive fridges didn't seem to have anything that justified their price tag, and I don't think I can bring myself to spend $10k on a fridge. I'm likely going Bosch everything except the fridge.

What CFM range hood do people recommend with an induction cook top? >300CFM requires a make up air system in Calgary, so add $2500 to the price of the range hood.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I wouldn't even bother with a high CFM range hood unless you're going gas. The range hood is more for removing heat than smells, and there's so little wasted heat with induction.

I cooked on induction for the first time this weekend, and fuck I'm jealous haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

I wouldn't even bother with a high CFM range hood unless you're going gas. The range hood is more for removing heat than smells, and there's so little wasted heat with induction.

I cooked on induction for the first time this weekend, and fuck I'm jealous haha.
    Elica is a good one for range hoods and yes, it's more to dissipate heat and the smoke than getting rid of smells.

I highly doubt a thin piece of charcoal can defeat tilapia.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

You'd be surprised. I have one of those Chinese hood fans (600 CFM Pacific I think is the brand) over my induction cook top. I don't cook that often but the filter on it is oil AF after about 4 months. I can't find a picture of the filter on google... I'll snap on later if I remember.

My Ride
    changes every year

I have all new appliances fridge, stove and OTR are Samsung and are awewome, dishwasher is a Bosch(was better and nicer than the Samsung equivalent) and our washer/dryer are Samsung, I really recommend Samsung stuff, it's very modern looking and I've not had any issues.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by jwslam
    You'd be surprised. I have one of those Chinese hood fans (600 CFM Pacific I think is the brand) over my induction cook top. I don't cook that often but the filter on it is oil AF after about 4 months. I can't find a picture of the filter on google... I'll snap on later if I remember.
    Yea, my 300CFM was the same deal when we cooked Chinese food. But my point still stands, the primary purpose is heat removal. 300 vs 600 cfm is going to pull the same amount of cooking oils, smoke, etc. If you truly want to get rid of the smells, get those crazy 1200+ CFM turbo shaped fans haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

Yea, my 300CFM was the same deal when we cooked Chinese food. But my point still stands, the primary purpose is heat removal. 300 vs 600 cfm is going to pull the same amount of cooking oils, smoke, etc. If you truly want to get rid of the smells, get those crazy 1200+ CFM turbo shaped fans haha.
    YES. Sakura Hood Fans FTW.

HADDDOOOUUUKKKEEENNN

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

'08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast