Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Fashion and Luxury > Suits?

Author
Thread
nismodrifter

What I drive: Cars
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 114%

quote:

Have been happy with the service I get @ Harry Rosens in Chinook. Thats the only place I've purcahsed suits over the past few years. Just recently got a hugo boss suit, was out of town for the second fitting after alterations, no problemo, they shipped it to their Vancouver location which is 2 blocks away from me and I was able to do final fitting and be on my way. Talk about service.

O'Connors....I was expecting alot, really didn't get a great feeling in terms of what they had to offer.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-07-2017 08:52 AM
nismodrifter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nismodrifter Click here to Send nismodrifter a Private Message Find more posts by nismodrifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: C63S
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

My experience with harry was a guy who argued with me every step of the way about what I wanted (I'm a young slim guy who was looking for a nice modern cut, he was trying to get me into this nasty boxy grandpa suit that would have been comfortable in 1982). Wouldn't get back to me after the suit was 3 weeks late. Delivered the suit not to my specifications and refused to refund me for the custom details and wanted me to ship it back to the manufacturer at my cost for shipping and cleaning. A second guy I dealt with never got back to me about a shirt I had to have brought in From Toronto in my size, 2 days before my wedding I had to hound them every day to confirm it was in.

And guy one still has the gall to now call me to come in and give them business.

For a place that expensive peddling shit you can buy elsewhere? Never again.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 05-07-2017 05:50 PM
killramos is online now Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RX_EVOLV
First Gear

What I drive: '16 Golf R:.
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by Brent.ff
Ended up buying one from indochino yesterday. We'll see how that goes. Funny for them to have a 'sale', yet at the end I saved $10 from what the sticker was at the store

Keep us posted on your experience there! Planning to have my suit and all of my groomsmen's suites made there for my wedding.

Old Post 05-08-2017 05:05 PM
RX_EVOLV is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RX_EVOLV Click here to Send RX_EVOLV a Private Message Find more posts by RX_EVOLV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent.ff
Neutral

What I drive: '14 Taco
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by RX_EVOLV

Keep us posted on your experience there! Planning to have my suit and all of my groomsmen's suites made there for my wedding.

Will do. Seems that if you watch their site they have stupid deals every once and a while. Not sure how 'good' the material is, and kind of sucks not being able to feel it in person, but they had a 6 hour sale where suits were down to $329 the other day..feel like they must be the bottom of the barrel at that time

Old Post 05-08-2017 10:12 PM
Brent.ff is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Brent.ff Click here to Send Brent.ff a Private Message Find more posts by Brent.ff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Maxwell is here in May and they do suits and you can feel the material in your hands and get a professional to the measuring if you are into that stuff.

I'm happy with the shirts from there. Might get a suit from them one day.

Old Post 05-08-2017 10:34 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beyond_ban
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.64
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

I just ordered another suit and shirt from Suits by Curtis Elliot and pleased as ever. They have a new shop in town off 5th Ave SW and 4th St SW which is nice since they have a bunch of different options on display so you can get a good feel for the materials and available customization. Ordered my first bamboo dress shirt so i'm excited to receive it, the fabric is amazingly soft and looks great.

Old Post 05-08-2017 11:18 PM
beyond_ban is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beyond_ban Click here to Send beyond_ban a Private Message Find more posts by beyond_ban Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nykz
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by beyond_ban
I just ordered another suit and shirt from Suits by Curtis Elliot and pleased as ever. They have a new shop in town off 5th Ave SW and 4th St SW which is nice since they have a bunch of different options on display so you can get a good feel for the materials and available customization. Ordered my first bamboo dress shirt so i'm excited to receive it, the fabric is amazingly soft and looks great.

How much do the suits by Curtis Elliott run? Is it a usual 4-6 week lead time like the other MTM places?

Old Post 05-09-2017 04:09 AM
nykz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nykz Click here to Send nykz a Private Message Find more posts by nykz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
beyond_ban
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.64
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by nykz

How much do the suits by Curtis Elliott run? Is it a usual 4-6 week lead time like the other MTM places?

Generally it's 2 weeks to get cut and assembled, then another 1-2 weeks for shipping. Suits are $700 +gst. For me, the limitless options for customization along with the quality and passion they have for their product provide more than enough value to keep going back.

Old Post 05-09-2017 08:16 AM
beyond_ban is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beyond_ban Click here to Send beyond_ban a Private Message Find more posts by beyond_ban Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 07:58 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Fashion and Luxury > Suits?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: