Quantcast
Suits? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Suits?

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

There are some good options in here, but for me, after entertaining the MTM, HRx2, HS, Bay options etc. I am pretty much a lifer for Suit Supply. Great designs, excellent longevity, well priced - it just all works.

Unfortunately, the only stores in Canada is in Toronto and Montreal (I wouldn't buy it blind online) - so may work if you are going to either of those two places any time soon.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    DA6, R59

I bought a Z Zenga drop 8 suit from Harry Rosen downtown on sale for about $1100. Fabian was the guy who helped us out and i would recommend him, not pretentious at all. I showed up wearing shorts and flip flops while no one else would even talk to us at both locations. He showed me a number of different suits and landed on the zenga line up. The suit fitted great right off the rack, so great infact I can not find anything else that fits like it since lol.

It looks like zenga is having a winter sale as well at the moment but try on a few suits first to make sure you like the fitment.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

thanks guys

My Ride
    Exploded.

Personally, I wouldn't go Indochino. Got shirts made there and the cloth felt low-quality; very rough.

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

spend the money, go to a reputable clothier and avoid places like tip top, banana republic or the bay and 100% avoid indochino. It's your wedding and you want to look stellar. I am lucky that I fit off the rack for most major designers with minimal tailoring so don't typically go bespoke. Chat with the guys at Henry Singer(Bankers) or Harry Rosen(Downtown) or O'Connors to at least get a feel. Don't try on a Canali suit until you are ready for beyond baller status (start around 2500 i think). They look amazing and last but you pay for it.

My Ride
    A4/Tundra

Originally posted by wintonyk
    spend the money, go to a reputable clothier and avoid places like tip top, banana republic or the bay and 100% avoid indochino. It's your wedding and you want to look stellar. I am lucky that I fit off the rack for most major designers with minimal tailoring so don't typically go bespoke. Chat with the guys at Henry Singer(Bankers) or Harry Rosen(Downtown) or O'Connors to at least get a feel. Don't try on a Canali suit until you are ready for beyond baller status (start around 2500 i think). They look amazing and last but you pay for it.
    Second this. I bought a quality suit for my wedding 5 years ago (Canali) and still wear it all the time. Buy something neutral in a classic color (navy, grey) and avoid black. Black shouldn't be worn for a wedding with exception of tux in the evening.

You do get what you pay for, Indochino and similar won't offer a fully canvassed suit (better drape and wear long term).

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Originally posted by jdmXSI
    I bought a Z Zenga drop 8 suit from Harry Rosen downtown on sale for about $1100. The suit fitted great right off the rack, so great infact I can not find anything else that fits like it since lol.

It looks like zenga is having a winter sale as well at the moment but try on a few suits first to make sure you like the fitment.
    This.

Z Zegna drop 8 are the only suits that fit me off the rack, all I need is the pants hemmed (I'm slim). Great suits, I've bought several, and in my mind worth the money.

I had to do "custom" from indo or comparable for a wedding and it was shitty. Extremely poor fitting and not good quality over all. I wore it for the wedding and never again.

I have a few buddies who have used Huey Lam and they're not bad on price point and quality. Fitment is good and Huey can make adjustments in his shop, quality is decent. With that being said, I prefer my ZZegna which fit better by comparison and are better quality in construction.

You pay more at Harry Rosen, O'Connors, etc. but the service and knowledge base is far superior on how a suit should fit etc.

Regarding color, black is way to formal and I wouldn't recommend this if you only own one good suit. Charcoal are dark blue with a simple pattern. Again, the above locations will also make recommendations on this if it's your only suit.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by 90_Shelby; 01-13-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Anything Zegna is baller AF

I wish I had more opportunities to wear a suit, wore one all last week and it was awesome.

Standard DT Calgary Bus Casual dress shirt and dress pants is a really bad look for most people IMO ( myself included/in particular ), especially because getting shirts that fit perfectly is a pretty tall order most cases.

But if I wore a suit to work I would get asked where I am interviewing every day
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Z zenga doesn't fit me off the rack

Originally posted by flipstah
    Personally, I wouldn't go Indochino. Got shirts made there and the cloth felt low-quality; very rough.
    I have ~20 shirts from them now, all seemingly good quality material and none feel rough at all. Some are thicker than others but that was clear to me before I purchased as they have close-up photos. Maybe it was just that specific material you chose?

Originally posted by wintonyk
    and 100% avoid indochino. It's your wedding and you want to look stellar
    Can you elaborate? All my Indochino purchases have lasted, fit great, and are good quality. And they were inexpensive. My last 4 friends & brother in law to get married used them for suits for themselves (groom) and their wedding parties with no issues, and the few I was in each time the photographer (someone who sees a ton of suits) asked where we all got our suits. There is no visible difference in quality between the suits I have from Indochino and the $1600 suit I got locally, or some of the even more expensive suits my friends have (who now use online tailors).

Personally I have 4 suits, one 3-piece suit, ~20 shirts, and 6 pairs of pants from them, all have been great quality with no issues and the fit is excellent. I have clothes from O'connors, HR, HS, Supreme, etc. and there is no difference I've been able to see in quality or longevity. The only difference is the price was higher and the fit is not as perfect.

I'm not saying online is always better than going to a store, but the impression some people seem to have that paying 2-3X as much for a brand name suit *automatically* gets you better quality or fit is not true. I would encourage anyone to at least consider all options and make an informed decision before dropping a ton of money on clothes, whether it be locally or online.

Also remember the OP doesn't wear suits, so this is probably a one time thing - recommending a really expensive suit seems unnecessary. Maybe even a rental would be ideal in this situation.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Originally posted by asp integra
    2 Friends got theirs at Huey Lam Suits. They are very nice and cost about $500. http://www.hueylamsuits.ca/
    I got my wedding suit done by him as well as 2 other friends of mine. Good guy. Also nice to see he has a nice website now too.

I will throw out another option!
    http://www.atelierbyensemble.com/

Quite a few beyonders can attest to how many suits I have but lately I have been ordering everything through Lauren at Atelier. The suits are made in Asia but she does all the measuring and fitting here. Kind of the best of both worlds. Most of her suits can be had under 1K.

Originally posted by BigDL

I got my wedding suit done by him as well as 2 other friends of mine. Good guy. Also nice to see he has a nice website now too.
    His stuff looks great, I'll try him out for my next shirts/pants and try to remember to report back.

My Ride
    G37X

I wouldn't choose a blue or black suit personally..I'd say go for something dark charcoal with some subtle pin striping or plaid. The Bay is a solid choice. I've always had great luck going there. Some nice loafers/socks/matching belt and a sharp tie make it the complete package. Don't go cheap on the shoes. Kenneth Cole makes nice stuff for the money. Sondergaard is also a great choice. Nothing wrong with off the shelf as they can make alterations in store.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Black suite = funeral.

Go charcoal or dark grey (or navy).

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

You guys are so boring...

My Ride
    G37X

Between that belt and the bracelets...not my taste. I like the shirt and tie. The blue certainly has punch, but it's too loud for my liking.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I just grabbed an image from google... wasn't paying attention to accessories. This colour is the "it" colour at the moment... for a spring wedding I think it would be amazing for pictures

My Ride
    2014 Lexus IS250

If you're looking off the rack I highly recommend Henry Singer in Bankers Hall.

If you want to consider going bespoke, i use Suits by Curtis Eliot. I believe completely bespoke suits run $650, and with that you get absolutely anything you want as well as a great design team to assist you in whats what. I just had a new one come in this morning and it is amazing when you put it on for the first time and it fits like a glove. The pants are as comfy as sweats!

If you are interested, i can give you the contact info to the main man in Calgary. As of today or tomorrow, they will also be operating out of a brick and mortar store front here in Calgary. Check their website out at: http://www.suitsbycurtiseliot.com/

For more pictures of their products, here is their instagram: https://www.instagram.com/suitsbycurtiseliot/

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast