Quantcast
Did anyone's monthly enmax bill went up? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone's monthly enmax bill went up?

Default Did anyone's monthly enmax bill went up?

Just curious since my enmax bill (Residential) just went from $145 monthly to $300 monthly the last 2-3 months. I called em up " ENMAX" and I couldnt get through.

Anyone else having a crazy increase?

Have you looked at the bill?

Has your usage gone up? Are you on a floating rate and the rate went up?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I haven't really notices since i just moved my gas over to enmax and been some changes on my account, but I did get a letter from enmax a few days ago saying they discovered a billing mistake on my account, don't remember the details, was some admin or delivery fee which was supposed to be 47c/kj or something like that and I was charged 99c/kj, so they will credit me in a few month after they do a review.

Perhaps something like this happened to you too? I haven't looked at my bills in detail to see if that value is a big part of the bill or not

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

its called winter, comes every year

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Electricity rates skyrocketd in January. Went up to 15C/KWh.

See thread here

I've been wondering, why is ANYONE (who is an Enmax customer) on floating rate when the fixed rate is generally lower? There are no contracts either so you can flip back to the floating rate when the prices drop in the summer.
    ---

Originally posted by kenny
    I've been wondering, why is ANYONE (who is an Enmax customer) on floating rate when the fixed rate is generally lower? There are no contracts either so you can flip back to the floating rate when the prices drop in the summer.
    edit want to find the rates

fixed much cheaper, especially for electric

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Ditto. Can't figure out why Enbridge allows that.

I had no idea how much lower the rates were until I called...long story short we are now on the fixed rate plan haha, 15 cents to 8 cents makes a fairly big difference.

Finally got through to Enmax

apparently, im currently on a floating rate(15cents) and asked him if i can go back to fixed rate(8cents) for the last 2 months.

I don't understand why I have to ask to go on a lower going rate, they should apply it automatically.

Isnt Enmax a private company that promised us that they will provide us a better rate than their competitor direct energy?

For some reason they are getting more expensive than direct energy....

I mean there is only two ways we can make this happend

Either we use a dam for water to run thats free energy or
    we burn natural gas which is dirt cheap.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-09-2019 at 03:15 PM.

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

Would it be smart to jump into a fixed rate heading into the spring and summer? I'm assuming the cost to heat your home goes down in warmer months?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by 2.2vtec
    Would it be smart to jump into a fixed rate heading into the spring and summer? I'm assuming the cost to heat your home goes down in warmer months?
    I dunno about gas, I am on variable for gas and fixed for electricity at 8c, so you would have to look, Enmax posts all the charts and historical pricing right on their site to make a good decision

We've had threads about this before and the consensus for the last 4-5 years (or more) has always been floating for gas, fixed for electricity.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Had no idea fixed was possible.. damn electricity bills have been savage over the last 2 months.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

Originally posted by krono
    Finally got through to Enmax

apparently, im currently on a floating rate(15cents) and asked him if i can go back to fixed rate(8cents) for the last 2 months.

I don't understand why I have to ask to go on a lower going rate, they should apply it automatically.

Isnt Enmax a private company that promised us that they will provide us a better rate than their competitor direct energy?

For some reason they are getting more expensive than direct energy....

I mean there is only two ways we can make this happend

Either we use a dam for water to run thats free energy or
    we burn natural gas which is dirt cheap.

Did they allow you to back date last couple months?

Would love to lock in right now.

Just got destroyed last couple months.

Need to call them asap.
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

I called them today, and they did *NOT* let me go back for the last 2 months.

I changed over...and have been meaning to do that for a long time.

Basically you need to be pro-active with Enmax and log on to their site on the 1st of every single month to determine if the fixed rate or variable rate is going to be the way to fly. And then you need to change to the lowest rate after you've signed up for EasyMax.

This coming month, the variable rate is dropping down to 8.2 cents from the 15.x or whatever the fuck it was. So the savings is immediately gone. And in summer, you're going to have to go back to variable as it will probably go down to 5.x cents.

I got murdered too, with my last 2 bills, which total over $1300 for the last 2 months on one property. ;-(

I didn't make a big noise about going back for the last 2 months. But if you stomp your feet with success when you call, I'd like to hear about it. I don't care, easy come, easy go. But going forward I'd prefer to not get fucked, and apparently that will mean having to do some work each month.

I figure a company should just give you the best rate, not let you pay more because you don't have time to keep up to their sneaky shit and changing plans. This is a Rogers Wireless tactic. These big corporations are sneaky IMO, and instead of giving you improved rates when they improve them, they'll let you pay out the nose until you hunt them down to get it fixed. It's annoying if you're busy.

Originally posted by Mibz
    We've had threads about this before and the consensus for the last 4-5 years (or more) has always been floating for gas, fixed for electricity.
    no doubt, when you call they give you all the information you need to make the right decision anyways, I asked about the last 5 year trends in gas and electricity prices and he went over them and basically (not in these words) said it would be silly to go on anything but floating for gas and fixed for electricity.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by Z_Fan

I figure a company should just give you the best rate, not let you pay more because you don't have time to keep up to their sneaky shit and changing plans. This is a Rogers Wireless tactic. These big corporations are sneaky IMO, and instead of giving you improved rates when they improve them, they'll let you pay out the nose until you hunt them down to get it fixed. It's annoying if you're busy.
    You figure wrong. They're not sneaky at all. They publish all the rates online, and they give you the choice of which rate to pay. I'm also not surprised that they told you to go screw yourself about backdating your bill. I would have told you the same thing as well if you were my customer. It's your responsibility to investigate your own options to get your own best deal. Nobody elses fault but yours man.
    Last edited by codetrap; 03-24-2012 at 12:13 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Kia Sportage

Is it worth changing over to fixed rate still?

I noticed my bill went up but just ended up paying it fml

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast