Quantcast
Beyond User Rating - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond User Rating

lol, wishful thinking.
    ---

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Since I think this is a gay rule, how do I change it when I create a for sale thread? I want to let people post whichever questions / stupid shit they want in my thread.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    ST205

I don't think it would be a good idea to take away the viewing privileges of users below a 90% rating
    The reason we have a marketplace is so we can get greater exposure to what we're selling.
    Why not just make it so they can view but not post?

If their rating falls below 90% they should revert back to only having the authority of viewing but not posting. Then after 30 days of no infractions they should get their rating back, either gradually or back to 100%.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

nothing's really change except for the fact your infractions are more obvious to you.

Under the old system all the fucking stupid marketplace posts were deleted.... that hasn't changed at all.

The only difference is now they can be easily tracked

Seems very simple.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Artega
    I don't think it would be a good idea to take away the viewing privileges of users below a 90% rating
    The reason we have a marketplace is so we can get greater exposure to what we're selling.
    Why not just make it so they can view but not post?
    That's a good point and a good idea. I'll take a look into this one.

edit - confirmed with kenny, this is how it's being done now. They can still view the marketplace.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by em2ab
    Since I think this is a gay rule, how do I change it when I create a for sale thread? I want to let people post whichever questions / stupid shit they want in my thread.
    Unfortunately, the rules are they rules regardless of whether you agree with them or not. If you are promoting people to break the rules in your thread the people posting will have points deducted and your thread will likely be closed.

Just throwing that out there.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

hi, umm what happens when mods fail at simple math and take points away and delete posts with information about the sale of the car?

you see i posted a thread last sunday, the monday i answered peoples questions, thread then sat till this sunday, i bumped it. but it was not just a bump i had additional information in that post. so i check the thread and the post is gone and i am down a %

i think this is utter bullshit and if my most resent post that i have made in said thread is deleted and i lose another point i will be even less impressed since not only did i address this point but i also answer a question of a potential buyer.

If you want to update your thread with more information, edit your first post.
    ---

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

but how will that work for answering questions?

Attaching more photos also requires new posts.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by ercchry
    Your bump wasn't in response to a question, it was just a bump. The posts where you answered questions didn't get nuked, now did they? Your bump got nuked because you didn't wait a week from the last time the thread was bumped to the top via you answering a question.

I didn't nuke the posts, but it was kinda obvious.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

it could get very confusing unless the mod's expect you to quote the question back into your original post
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    Attaching more photos also requires new posts.
    www.photobucket.com

Upload to PB, embed photos into first post, no bump required. Also makes your photos easier to access by potential buyers, as they don't have to click links in separate posts to see them.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

www.photobucket.com

Upload to PB, embed photos into first post, no bump required. Also makes your photos easier to access by potential buyers, as they don't have to click links in separate posts to see them.
    Yep, I just upload to shaw's webspace. However, a lot of people don't know how to do this.

Guess they'll have to be smarter. This is incentive to get the ALL the info in the first post post, the first time.

What I don't get is where a guy will post a FS ad for a car without pictures and say they'll come later. Anyone remotely interested will want to see photos. IMO, photos should be mandatory for car FS ads; those without should be closed.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by finboy

it could get very confusing unless the mod's expect you to quote the question back into your original post
    the issue here is that it leaves more on the potential buyer to keep checking back to see if you have answered there question yet. since most people just look for new posts on the main page then chances are that they will not see the answer

also if my answering questions counts as a bump, then that was only a day difference so 6 days instead of 7 it is not like it was a day or 2

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

also if my answering questions counts as a bump, then that was only a day difference so 6 days instead of 7 it is not like it was a day or 2
    Can you tell the difference between 6 and 7? We can. 6 days is not a week. I'm not seeing what your problem is here, you lost a single percent, take it as an indication that the rules are being enforced and move on. You don't bump threads more than once a week, and we'll keep crap posts out of your marketplace threads, it's like a trade.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

What I don't get is where a guy will post a FS ad for a car without pictures and say they'll come later. Anyone remotely interested will want to see photos. IMO, photos should be mandatory for car FS ads; those without should be closed.
    no one will waste their time with a vehicle sale based on words.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Can you tell the difference between 6 and 7? We can. 6 days is not a week. I'm not seeing what your problem is here, you lost a single percent, take it as an indication that the rules are being enforced and move on. You don't bump threads more than once a week, and we'll keep crap posts out of your marketplace threads, it's like a trade.
    whoa. how did BerserkerCatSplat get down to 99%? I thought he was OG l337?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

the issue here is that it leaves more on the potential buyer to keep checking back to see if you have answered there question yet. since most people just look for new posts on the main page then chances are that they will not see the answer

I find it odd how you can have a "bump" defined with such fine granularity, yet something like a "week" so vague.

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
    whoa. how did BerserkerCatSplat get down to 99%? I thought he was OG l337?
    That's how serious we are. And if he complains, he'll get knocked down even more!

My Ride
    NC1

^^^
    No fucking around!!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast