Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Recession car deals

Author
Thread
spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.97
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

with 38,000kms on there, maybe i am out of touch with exotic pricing, but $200,000 USD? Seems kinda high to me...

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-04-2017 06:44 AM
spikerS is online now Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Team_Mclaren

What I drive: F10M / GS450H
Posts/Day: 1.06
Trader Rating: (26)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by shakalaka
RS7 and R8 don't really compare. I'd make up mind about one or the other and then go to town looking for it in your price range.

Totally not the point, i look through the R8 vs performance sedan options too before buying an M5.

Old Post 03-04-2017 08:34 AM
Team_Mclaren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team_Mclaren Click here to Send Team_Mclaren a Private Message Find more posts by Team_Mclaren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My_name_is_Rob
Neutral

What I drive: 1wd, 2wd, AWD
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by spikerS
with 38,000kms on there, maybe i am out of touch with exotic pricing, but $200,000 USD? Seems kinda high to me...

Oh wow. I swear I read the whole ad. Not sure how I missed the USD label. Yea, at that price it's nothing special, and actually kind of expensive. I figured if it was in Canadian pesos, it would have been reasonable.

Old Post 03-05-2017 04:35 AM
My_name_is_Rob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for My_name_is_Rob Click here to Send My_name_is_Rob a Private Message Find more posts by My_name_is_Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by roll_over

RS7 is the most highly over rated car I have ever driven. I was so incredibly underwhelmed when I took it out that I was speechless. Especially with the $ amount it commands. V8 R8 is a POS too.

I’d just skip the rs7 and look for v10 r8s

Not a lot of selection in the market for V10's. I've been looking at them for a bit now, and the pickings are slim at any given time on Autotrader.

Old Post 03-06-2017 12:26 AM
Buster is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roopi
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (49)
User Rating: 237%

quote:

1978 Ferrari 308 GTS - Not sure if this is a deal but still interesting:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...-gts/1232862410

Old Post 03-17-2017 06:22 PM
roopi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roopi Click here to Send roopi a Private Message Find more posts by roopi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

^That's so sick.

I'm a big Magnum PI fan, so possibly a little biased

Old Post 03-17-2017 10:57 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster
First Gear

quote:

Those 308s aren't that good, unfortunately.

Old Post 03-17-2017 11:19 PM
Buster is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roll_over
First Gear

What I drive: Can't driver because I'm legally blind
Posts/Day: 0.21
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by Buster
Those 308s aren't that good, unfortunately.

They’re also not worth that much.

If you hunt you can find a Gallardo, R8 (v8), 360 modena, 355, 911 turbo, etc. for similar or less money and I think every one of those is a better car in every way (and every one of those will have half the km or less).

Old Post 03-18-2017 04:36 AM
roll_over is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roll_over Click here to Send roll_over a Private Message Find more posts by roll_over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
npham
First Gear

What I drive: 2018 Allroad to replace 2011 A3 TDI, MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 0.18
Trader Rating: (18)

quote:

Anyone need a recession fighter? 12k off.
2016 C63 - $88382

Old Post 03-22-2017 12:33 AM
npham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for npham Click here to Send npham a Private Message Find more posts by npham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Canmorite
Second Gear

What I drive: Das Fahrenheit
Posts/Day: 0.49

quote:

Originally posted by npham
Anyone need a recession fighter? 12k off.
2016 C63 - $88382

Considering well option'd 2017 C43 AMG sedans are $75K...that's a good deal.

Originally posted by 89coupe
I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

Old Post 03-22-2017 06:38 PM
Canmorite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Canmorite Click here to Send Canmorite a Private Message Find more posts by Canmorite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chester
Second Gear

What I drive: fuel efficient gas guzzler
Posts/Day: 0.30
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...gationFlag=true

Dear Sriracha Sauce, you're the only thing with a cock on it that I want in my mouth.

Old Post 05-16-2017 08:23 PM
Chester is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chester Click here to Send Chester a Private Message Find more posts by Chester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.96
User Rating: 102%

quote:

B7 S4's are sexeh.

Old Post 05-16-2017 08:54 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LilDrunkenSmurf
Fourth Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.07
Trader Rating: (42)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Want. Need to clear out the mini before I can buy something else though.

Old Post 05-16-2017 08:58 PM
LilDrunkenSmurf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LilDrunkenSmurf Click here to Send LilDrunkenSmurf a Private Message Find more posts by LilDrunkenSmurf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53

quote:

I wanted one of these so bad.

But then, found the cost of doing the timing chain tensioner maintenance (which this one needs right now if it hasn't been done) - that pushes the cost of this to a $20k; combine that with the risk of the piston ring/sleeve issue where the engine randomly eats itself? So much nope.

Old Post 05-17-2017 02:02 AM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtsniffer
Second Gear

What I drive: Silverado
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 92%

quote:

Who puts the timing chain on the back of the engine...

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.

Originally posted by Mar
This cannot be for real, nobody's that stupid. I think this guy is just trying to cause shit.

Old Post 05-17-2017 05:20 AM
dirtsniffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtsniffer Click here to Send dirtsniffer a Private Message Find more posts by dirtsniffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleks
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 17 Honda Ridgeline, 12 Honda Odyssey, 04 330i zhp
Posts/Day: 0.87

quote:

Joined 07/2002

Old Post 05-17-2017 03:52 PM
Aleks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleks Click here to Send Aleks a Private Message Find more posts by Aleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kavy
Second Gear

What I drive: 2013 Ram 1500 / 2016 Cadillac ATS
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (43)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by cjblair

I wanted one of these so bad.

But then, found the cost of doing the timing chain tensioner maintenance (which this one needs right now if it hasn't been done) - that pushes the cost of this to a $20k; combine that with the risk of the piston ring/sleeve issue where the engine randomly eats itself? So much nope.

Its funny that you talk about these and engine eating. My buddies is sitting at royal oak with metal shavings and sludge in the oil pan. Cost? 14K.

This will make my 3rd friend who has replaced an engine on one of these before 60k. Beautiful cars but engine design is bad news, they eat balancing shafts like no tomorrow.

Old Post 05-17-2017 03:56 PM
Kavy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kavy Click here to Send Kavy a Private Message Find more posts by Kavy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ianmcc
First Gear

What I drive: 07 E550, 94 SN95, 00 V6 Focus, 09 Wrangler X
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

The same company that puts four timing chains on the back of the engine.

Same applies to stupid.

Old Post 05-17-2017 04:27 PM
ianmcc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ianmcc Click here to Send ianmcc a Private Message Find more posts by ianmcc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26

quote:

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Ze Germans.

Old Post 05-17-2017 04:33 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster
First Gear

quote:

I really like Audis. But from a mechanical quality perspective, they are historically pretty bad.

Old Post 05-17-2017 04:44 PM
The time now is 06:07 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Recession car deals

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: