Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Time to inject some practicality into my life...

Author
Thread
Aleks
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 17 Honda Ridgeline, 12 Honda Odyssey, 04 330i zhp
Posts/Day: 0.87
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by benyl

I dream of the DINK days. SI2K sucks...

SI3K here. DI3K is 2-3 years off still roughly.

Joined 07/2002

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-05-2017 09:33 PM
Aleks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aleks Click here to Send Aleks a Private Message Find more posts by Aleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Tej.S
Neutral

What I drive: 17' C43 Coupe
Posts/Day: 0.09
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema

Love to hear how well that hold out after your 1st winter.

I had a ceramic coating applied by Rainer as well. It held up amazing, even drove it to BC through winter weather haha. Rainer is absolutely fantastic to deal with, I cannot recommend him enough.

Old Post 05-06-2017 02:03 AM
Tej.S is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tej.S Click here to Send Tej.S a Private Message Find more posts by Tej.S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: C63S
Posts/Day: 1.12

quote:

Thanks for the tip on the wind buffeting issue, the car definitely has it and its shockingly annoying gives a massive headache on the highway, will bring it up when I service the diff.

Question for fellow C class owners, the mirror configuration makes hanging things from it impossible ( permits, placards etc. ). What are your solutions?

I have been leaving my parking pass on my dash but got a ticket anyways yesterday since the impark douche "didn't see my permit", not sure why i bother registering my vehicles with them but that's a different topic...

I would prefer not to stick it to my windshield but I am not sure there are many alternatives.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 05-18-2017 02:39 PM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Tacky solution: command 3M hook on the back of the rearview
Or elastic band?

Old Post 05-18-2017 03:20 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

I have even thought about just buying something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DSK0L9O?psc=1

This isn't the WORST either, though it is pretty ugly...

https://www.amazon.com/Parking-Perm...J0M2XYYBZNME0JV

Thank good we don't live in one of those provinces that requires windshield stickers

Originally posted by jwslam
Tacky solution: command 3M hook on the back of the rearview
Or elastic band?

I am half surprised they haven't just put a hook integrated to the back, I mean hanging things on your mirror is pretty common and from what I understand this has been a problem even on the last gen C class.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

fact.

Old Post 05-18-2017 03:54 PM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by killramos
I am half surprised they haven't just put a hook integrated to the back, I mean hanging things on your mirror is pretty common and from what I understand this has been a problem even on the last gen C class.

The engineers are too busy with the door thud to consider your parking pass woes

Old Post 05-18-2017 04:09 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

It's really my fault for driving the car anywhere but the track

fact.

Old Post 05-18-2017 04:10 PM
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

try a piece of string?

Old Post 05-18-2017 04:55 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Maybe it's not a concern cause it's a ticket-able offence basically everywhere

Old Post 05-18-2017 04:56 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry
Maybe it's not a concern cause it's a ticket-able offence basically everywhere

fact.

Old Post 05-18-2017 05:13 PM
shakalaka
WILSUU2

What I drive: SCUZEM3
Posts/Day: 0.76
Trader Rating: (56)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Can't hang anything like a parking pass on my Bimmer either. So I just have my miniature boxing gloves hanging. Avoids tickets most of the time.

Old Post 05-18-2017 05:23 PM
shakalaka is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shakalaka Click here to Send shakalaka a Private Message Find more posts by shakalaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

quote:

Hanging things from mirror=ticket... blocking field of view, like not cleaning snow off windshield

Old Post 05-18-2017 05:30 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

Who knew. I left my old pass on my previous cars 24/7, same with park passes. Which all fit and were visible on the BMW btw shak, must be a different mirror on the m3.

I can see why it's a thing but has it literally ever been enforced? I know lots of places where windows stickers are mandatory , comuter passes get stuck to windshield, communities have entry stickers, rfid parkade entrance stickers.

It's probabaly subject to so little enforcement it's not even legally justifiable...

fact.

Old Post 05-18-2017 05:35 PM
jwslam
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry
Hanging things from mirror=ticket... blocking field of view, like not cleaning snow off windshield

But my AOL CD is supposed to save me from lasers!

Old Post 05-18-2017 05:37 PM
ercchry
Fifth Gear

quote:

Who knew. I left my old pass on my previous cars 24/7, same with park passes. Which all fit and were visible on the BMW btw shak, must be a different mirror on the m3.

I can see why it's a thing but has it literally ever been enforced? I know lots of places where windows stickers are mandatory , comuter passes get stuck to windshield, communities have entry stickers, rfid parkade entrance stickers.

It's probabaly subject to so little enforcement it's not even legally justifiable...

Yeah I can just squeeze my park pass onto the M... usually those stickers are not dead centre though, not line of sight like a pass hanging from the mirror would be

But yeah, in NA? Probably have to be beyond a massive douche to get a ticket... but Germany is usually much stricter when it comes to silly regulations

Old Post 05-18-2017 05:40 PM
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

Yea taking the pass on and off every morning, im bound to forget it at least once a month and get a ticket.

Definitely want some kind of place and forget solution. When I just leave it on the console it always falls into the little well for the HUD when I reverse

I'm liking the little sticky permit holder sleeve concept, mount it super low down on the passenger side so I don't see it. Can swap it for park pass or if I am in a "display ticket lot" I can just slip it in there. That way its at least only 1 adhesive stain on the windshield...

fact.

Old Post 05-18-2017 05:48 PM
The time now is 06:08 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Time to inject some practicality into my life...

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: