Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2016-2017 Edition

Author
Thread
bulaian
First Gear

What I drive: 2016 Golf
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (21)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

From Twitter:
Rick Westhead‏
@rwesthead
Breaking: NHL linesman Don Henderson has filed a $10.25M lawsuit v Calgary Flames D Dennis Wideman, @TSN_Sports and @CTVNews have learned.

Henderson says Wideman "violently struck (him) from behind, propelling him down to the ice" He also refers to it as an "attack".

Henderson says in addition to medication and treatment he's required psychological counselling.

Henderson says Wideman cost him ten million in lost/future income and earning capacity. #flames have not filed statement of defense yet

Henderson also says Wideman was "aware that (he) remained unsuspecting and was completely defenceless" and that he "disregarded NHL rules"

Just heard back from the #flames, they say they will not comment on the lawsuit filed against them and Dennis Wideman.

Last edited by bulaian on 04-20-2017 at 10:28 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-20-2017 10:23 PM
bulaian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bulaian Click here to Send bulaian a Private Message Find more posts by bulaian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

dirtsniffer
Second Gear

What I drive: Silverado
Posts/Day: 0.64
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 92%

quote:

Still hard to believe the flames didnt send Wideman for concussion checks immediately after that

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.

Originally posted by Mar
This cannot be for real, nobody's that stupid. I think this guy is just trying to cause shit.

Last edited by dirtsniffer on 04-20-2017 at 10:35 PM

Old Post 04-20-2017 10:32 PM
dirtsniffer is online now Click Here to See the Profile for dirtsniffer Click here to Send dirtsniffer a Private Message Find more posts by dirtsniffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Quizzes

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Still hard to believe the flames didnt send Wideman for concussion checks immediately after that

NHL deploy concussion spotters at each game. This should fall on the NHL and not on the Flames.

Old Post 04-20-2017 10:50 PM
Quizzes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Quizzes Click here to Send Quizzes a Private Message Find more posts by Quizzes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

Bro, he didn't end up like Steve Moore. 10mill?

Old Post 04-20-2017 10:56 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
never
FKA no|uno

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by max_boost

Bro, he didn't end up like Steve Moore. 10mill?

And that's just lost/future income...NHL linesmen must make a lot more than I thought they would.

Old Post 04-20-2017 11:04 PM
never is offline Click Here to See the Profile for never Click here to Send never a Private Message Find more posts by never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
colinxx235
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

What a joke... articles place a peak senior linesmen salary at ~$120k/season

Don is already 48. Maybeeeee 10 more years in him? Which seems a stretch as I don't think most guys last that late into the 50s.

Sounds like he is just milking the shit out of this, I'm assuming he already has disability/insurance coverage given his line of work and that he was "injured" on the job.

Old Post 04-20-2017 11:08 PM
colinxx235 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for colinxx235 Click here to Send colinxx235 a Private Message Find more posts by colinxx235 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
88CRX

What I drive: EP3, S2K & TLX
Posts/Day: 1.07
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Originally posted by colinxx235
What a joke... articles place a peak senior linesmen salary at ~$120k/season

Don is already 48. Maybeeeee 10 more years in him? Which seems a stretch as I don't think most guys last that late into the 50s.

Sounds like he is just milking the shit out of this, I'm assuming he already has disability/insurance coverage given his line of work and that he was "injured" on the job.

Pretty sure he was set to retire at the end of last season already prior to the incident.

Also first time Iíve watched that video in a long timeÖ. Donít remember what I posted after it happened but it totally looks intentional this time around!

Old Post 04-20-2017 11:10 PM
88CRX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 88CRX Click here to Send 88CRX a Private Message Find more posts by 88CRX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
asp integra
Second Gear

What I drive: A4 Avant 6MT
Posts/Day: 0.29
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

hahahahahah 10.25 mill???????? hahahhahahaha

Must want to just throw out a huge number and settle out of court for pennies on the dollar.

I'm still on the side of wideman being out of it and the contact with henderson being an accident. I didn't see anything malicious. Having played high level hockey my whole life and having my bell rung a few times I know it was probably accidental contact

current ski quiver:
park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Old Post 04-20-2017 11:23 PM
asp integra is online now Click Here to See the Profile for asp integra Click here to Send asp integra a Private Message Find more posts by asp integra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:46 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2016-2017 Edition

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: