Quantcast
2017 Golf Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Golf Thread

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Looking to play this weekend.

Any courses open that are worth playing?
    Pretty much everything is open.

Originally posted by killramos

I'm debating with an m2 or a cobra right now and will probably go with last years in either case. Might give a used club from one of the traders a try.

So far (1 round) I am not playing well enough to reward myself haha. No worse than end of last season though which is a small victory.

Npham might have a cheap lightly used M2 for sale pretty soon here
    The cobras are nice, and honestly if you want something super forgiving definitely give the pings a lookover (cheaper also)

My Ride
    V8s

Nam, are you suckin it with that new driver?!

I might need to take that head off your hands.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I haven't had a chance to play it(much)! There was a rattle, so I had to get that sorted out first. It's an M1, not an M2!

Originally posted by npham
    I haven't had a chance to play it(much)! There was a rattle, so I had to get that sorted out first. It's an M1, not an M2!
    Did you ever play the SLDR? If so how does it compare?

I'm a fan of Taylor Made drivers but really hated the SLDR and have been considering the M1/M2.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by roopi

Did you ever play the SLDR? If so how does it compare?

I'm a fan of Taylor Made drivers but really hated the SLDR and have been considering the M1/M2.
    Played the SLDR 430 for a season or so. It was a bomber, but the mishits were way too punishing. The M1 is a nice upgrade on that that driver. You still get the long ones, but the mishits aren't nearly as bad. I've hit quite a few bad shots with the M1 that still went 250-270 yards. You really need a fitting though, because it's low spinning and finding the right shaft is going to make a world of difference.

Originally posted by cjblair
    Nam, are you suckin it with that new driver?!

I might need to take that head off your hands.

She's a dirty pirate hooker (hooking?) M1 (not M2... my bad)

I feel if he offloaded every club he wasnt happy with this season he'd only be left with a few irons

We have also played in some pretty windy conditions for the most part, and a bit colder. The elbow side is extremely wet also, lots of tough wedges if you land in the wrong area.

Originally posted by npham
    Played the SLDR 430 for a season or so. It was a bomber, but the mishits were way too punishing. The M1 is a nice upgrade on that that driver. You still get the long ones, but the mishits aren't nearly as bad. I've hit quite a few bad shots with the M1 that still went 250-270 yards. You really need a fitting though, because it's low spinning and finding the right shaft is going to make a world of difference.
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking at getting a driver/wood fitting done this year. Any recommendations on who to use?

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at getting a driver/wood fitting done this year. Any recommendations on who to use?
    I went to a demo day, and worked with a travelling TM rep. Then booked a time with a local TM rep to get fitted. He was alright but he didn't have as many shafts as I'd expect.

My Ride
    Mom-van

See if you can get in to see Craig Dale at Country Hills. He's a certified fitter with EVERY brand (he does have a Titleist bias but every Pro is biased to what they play). They've got a Trackman hooked up hitting out of their bay.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by ~Leah~

See if you can get in to see Craig Dale at Country Hills. He's a certified fitter with EVERY brand (he does have a Titleist bias but every Pro is biased to what they play). They've got a Trackman hooked up hitting out of their bay.
    Craig fitted me for my old 915. He's a great fitter.

My Ride
    V8s

Got away to play 18 today. Great front 9, mediocre back 9 (probably due to me carrying for the first time in over a year, and getting tired).. came away with an 88. I'm happy with that for this early in the year.

Beautiful weather.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Played in a season opener scramble on Saturday which was great. Put a few new clubs in the bag which I am liking. Used clubs are definitely the way to go for me.

Tried to play yesterday morning but with 4C and rain I quit after 5 holes and sat in the clubhouse shooting the shit for 3 more hours since I was meeting the wife for lunch
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Played 18 at spring banks on saturday. what a cool/hellish/insanely difficult course. The front 9 was a mess. My buddy and I gave up keeping score after the 4th hole. i'm just happy we didn't walk.
    Last edited by Dumbass17; 05-09-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    Played 18 at spring banks on saturday. what a cool/hellish/insanely difficult course. The front 9 was a mess. My buddy and I gave up keeping score after the 4th hole. i'm just happy we didn't walk.
    Eh I find it to be fairly easy. Maybe because I have played it a few times.

Shot 83 there last thursday.

Originally posted by lasimmon

Eh I find it to be fairly easy. Maybe because I have played it a few times.

Shot 83 there last thursday.

Word, it is only 6300 from the blue with a 70.4 rating which even that might be a bit generous

Nice track though overall.

I like how both 9's are different. Switches things up a bit.

Although I hate when you go on a day that you start on the back 9, and you have to start on that par 3

I found it extremely difficult, but it was my first time there and I'm used to flat city courses like McCall, Shag, Confed etc
    It was very dry and hot and so the ball rolled and rolled for ages and with all the different grades, you would hit a 'safe' shot and then walk up and it's nowhere near being safe haha.
    The heat/dry weather probably explains why I hit a drive while the group ahead was on the green and I landed just outside the fringe on a 330y tee box.

I really enjoyed the back 9.
    Again I hit a monster 5iron as my friend said 'there's no way you can hit the green from here' even though I wasn't sure. Well, I hit and landed on the green for eagle attempt while the group ahead was putting. I drove up and apologized immediately/my friend took the blame and they were cool about it.
    Last edited by Dumbass17; 05-09-2017 at 01:46 PM.

My Ride
    V8s

Fantastic weather again today. Played a bit worse, shot a 90. Had one really bad hole (triple), and probably 8 3-putt bogeys. So frustrating to be striking the ball well, and burn the lip on a bunch of puts.

There was a PGA of Alberta rules official in my group, which was actually pretty fun. Was interesting to ask him random questions as we were playing about which penalties get assessed and what my options were at certain points.

Originally posted by Dumbass17

Again I hit a monster 5iron as my friend said 'there's no way you can hit the green from here' even though I wasn't sure. Well, I hit and landed on the green for eagle attempt while the group ahead was putting. I drove up and apologized immediately/my friend took the blame and they were cool about it.

Do you use GPS, Laser or saw any markers around?
    If I see a guy Iron onto the green I typically don't get too happy. if its a blade and runs 80 yards up the fairway onto it that might be a different story. Not to mention I wouldn't usually let friends advise on if you can't get somewhere, should probably have a rough idea of how far you hit the ball (assuming struck well) and play for that.
    I also don't get pissy if someone crushes a 330+ drive and the ball finds its way to the green.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast