Quantcast
Harper government sucks? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Harper government sucks?

Default Harper government sucks?

Me being the trouble magnet that I like to be:

Is the Harper government making too many mistakes? I am keeping a personal scorecard most of which are several weak foreign policies.

Biggest of which is of course the US, and Keystone - which arguably should have been finished years ago. Failure of diplomacy (Rob Anders dislike factor?)

Actively endorsing and paying an illegitimate government in the Ukraine. Failure to remain level-headed in a conflict that is not any sort of our business?

Penny confiscation, and removal of nickel from the dollar and two dollar coin. Removal of the last scraps of true wealth to the masses? (similar to gold double eagle confiscation in 1933, and the great silver melt of 1970)

Money printing in the last decade that has seen a 4.5x increase in the monetary supply. Inflationary hell coming?

I liked Canada better when it was a minority government that never passed or hid legislation. I also liked it better when Canada had a "Canadian government", even though technically its just economically a member of the commonwealth, politically a constitutional monarchy, and militarily - nothing.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 05-14-2014 at 10:43 PM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Toma?

My Ride
    You Crazy

Rammed through unfair elections act, will probably ram through "cyber bully" act...

Joe Biden's kid just appointed to Board of Directors of Ukraine's biggest private Gas Company as well... and we support this, and give em money...

Crooked MOFO's, the lot of them imo.

I can't wait until Harper is out and we get someone who is a lesser idiot in power.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Down with Harper. Let the Liberals do there thing for a bit and get the marijuana money coming in.

My Ride
    Edge

There is no lesser idiot, that's the problem. While everyone likes to think "their" party and "their" leader will be better than the others, they're all the same, each one just as corrupt as the next. Harper is the scarier of them all though because he is as close as you get to a dictator in a democratic society.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by Toma
    Rammed through unfair elections act,
    If you mean "passed after implementing major revisions championed by the opposition", then, uh, yeah they rammed it through.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Unless the next governing body decides to put laws in place to protect us from omnibus bills, then they're all the same. Honestly that's my only problem with the current government. Better or worse they are operating within their legal rights, yet I have yet to hear "omni bills are bad, and we're going to abolish them" from any of the opposing parties, because they want to utilize them just as much when (or if) they come to power.

Hell, even the Libs lame attempt at a petition against them is worded exactly that way...
    "I, the undersigned, am against the Harper government's use of omnibus bills to ram through legislation in an undemocratic way. "
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Time for a new party ...

Originally posted by duaner
    There is no lesser idiot, that's the problem. While everyone likes to think "their" party and "their" leader will be better than the others, they're all the same, each one just as corrupt as the next. Harper is the scarier of them all though because he is as close as you get to a dictator in a democratic society.
    I don't affiliate myself with any particular party, I really don't care which one is running things so long as they at least do a semi-decent job and don't fuck up too much stuff.
    Yeah they are all corrupt, they are all idiots. But Harper just happens to be the biggest idiot of the bunch with a special talent for fucking things up, in my opinion.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

I don't like Harper much at this point either and think it's a good idea to get a different party elected, especially after a majority.

But with Justin Trudeau as leader of the liberals I say hell no to that.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

I eat with a Harper look a like twice a year except he has red hair and married to my niece.Worst part is he acts the same.
    But still better than a Justin look a like.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

There's a pretty big difference between leading a country and leading a class of school children.

Also, the NDP sucks.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Harper has no power, he responds to pressure from American special interests, corporate oligarchs and think tanks. The same people that control policy within the US government control policy in Canada. You think they let some random yoho that's in power for 4-8 years start tossing things around and messing with the order of things? No way. Blaming Harper is like blaming Obama, a total red herring.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by BigMass
    Harper has no power, he responds to pressure from American special interests, corporate oligarchs and think tanks. The same people that control policy within the US government control policy in Canada. You think they let some random yoho that's in power for 4-8 years start tossing things around and messing with the order of things? No way. Blaming Harper is like blaming Obama, a total red herring.
    Yah! Damn the American government for pressing their strict gun control laws on us Canadians!

C'mon man, there are huge differences in policy between the U.S. and Canada. The list is a long one.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

Yah! Damn the American government for pressing their strict gun control laws on us Canadians!

C'mon man, there are huge differences in policy between the U.S. and Canada. The list is a long one.
    keep telling yourself that. Going through a list and picking out differences is completely irrelevant to my point but keep building up that straw man. BTW on a side note, just because, there are plenty of places in the US with stricter gun control laws than in Canada.

Originally posted by BigMass
    This.

Your vote means nothing.