City of Calgary 311 App - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: City of Calgary 311 App

My Ride
    Can't driver because I'm legally blind

I just checked the app lol you guys are to funny

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I had my small trailer parked on my driveway for six months last year. Never knew any rule existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's interesting how nobody in the NE (NGED) complains.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    Same could be said of many areas of the city - the deep SW just appears to have someone with a wee bit too much free time on their hands.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-31-2019 at 03:18 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by rage2
    Snitches get stitches.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-02-2014 at 09:02 AM.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

So, I'm planning on trying to put my new trailer in my driveway for a couple of days while we outfit it with all our gear prior to putting it into storage. I figure the hitch will be on the sidewalk... I take it that I'm risking a ticket? In order to outfit it, I need the slide out, so I don't want to put it on the street.. I figured that having it fill my driveway was the lesser of two evils...

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Originally posted by roll_over
    More to the story
    Guy probably owns a storage lot close to these communities and is trying to get more business.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by codetrap
    So, I'm planning on trying to put my new trailer in my driveway for a couple of days while we outfit it with all our gear prior to putting it into storage. I figure the hitch will be on the sidewalk... I take it that I'm risking a ticket? In order to outfit it, I need the slide out, so I don't want to put it on the street.. I figured that having it fill my driveway was the lesser of two evils...
    your neighbors are all cool. I doubt anyone will knock on you, so unless an actual bylaw or parking control person comes by, you will be fine. Your risk of a ticket is pretty minimal.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Ford

to me fits in the driveway fine.
    extends out on to sidewalk should be set on fire. people need the sidewalk more then your trailer. ill boot the blocks out from under the hitch if i have to push my kids wheelchair onto the road for you spoiled assholes. or if i can lift it ill pull it out into the middle of the road.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

From a Google Streetview location that clem24 posted up in the most recent Druh-speed thread - link. RV trailers are parked on driveways all over the place - my across-the-alley neighbor has his motorhome parked in the alley, mostly on his property but it probably is breaking the rules in some fashion but I really don't care. They're good people who I'm easily able to share a beer with and we've each done favors for each other over the past 14+ years and thus, a motorhome parked out back just don't matter that much.

Myself, my cargo trailer is parked entirely within my back yard - gate in my rear fence to access and every nieghbor close-by keeps their RV trailers/equipment either in a side-yard driveway or at the rear of their property. But in newer communities, I can certainly say that I've seen numerous RV units/trailers/whatever parked on front drive-ways - probably because of no rear alleys combined with smaller rear yards.

So for those of you that live in newer communities (30+ years or newer) that have a lot of front drive homes, is the whole RV on the front pad a big deal or not. Or a trailer of snowmobiles/off-road stuff or cargo trailers? At what point do things start looking trashy?

My Ride

Originally posted by blairtruck
    to me fits in the driveway fine.
    extends out on to sidewalk should be set on fire. people need the sidewalk more then your trailer. ill boot the blocks out from under the hitch if i have to push my kids wheelchair onto the road for you spoiled assholes. or if i can lift it ill pull it out into the middle of the road.
    That's not very nice of you at all. So you're willing to cause thousands of dollars of damage to keep from having to walk around an obstruction in the sidewalk.

What do you do if the city is doing concrete work and there's no sidewalk? Beat the city worker to death with his own shovel? Or if some little kids have a lemonade stand blocking the sidewalk. Go all postal and kick over their table?

Honestly, if I caught you doing that, I'd call the cops on you and have you charged. It'd be worth the $30 ticket to see you get charged with Mischief

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Park your trailer on an angle across your driveway so it doesn't protrude into the sidewalk.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Put pylons around it and a sign that says "children at play"

My Ride

roopi, I was going to see if I could get that to work as well.

I don't own a trailer but I do see that quite often.

My Ride
    RSTi

You've got space right across the street to park it if all else fails, the downside is you'd have to keep a vehicle hooked up to it and move it once every 36 hours to stay on the up and up.

Noone ever complained when we had our trailer in the driveway as it was only long enough to load up and unload or winterize/dewinterize.

All depends on the neighbours.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

You're a dink. I can understand for part of a day blocking the sidewalk, but for a couple days?

I hate pedestrians as much as the next person, but the sidewalk isn't your property. Inconvenience yourself, not others.

Typical 'berta attitude

My Ride

Originally posted by Perfect Dark
    You've got space right across the street to park it if all else fails, the downside is you'd have to keep a vehicle hooked up to it and move it once every 36 hours to stay on the up and up.

Noone ever complained when we had our trailer in the driveway as it was only long enough to load up and unload or winterize/dewinterize.

All depends on the neighbours.
    They're good people. But I still run into the issue with the slide being on the Left Side, so it would be out in traffic, which I don't think is a good idea... even with the little traffic I get.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    You're a dink. I can understand for part of a day blocking the sidewalk, but for a couple days?

I hate pedestrians as much as the next person, but the sidewalk isn't your property. Inconvenience yourself, not others.

Typical 'berta attitude
    Note to self... Don't invite HiTempguy1 to Beyond BBQ in the spring.. he's too easily butthurt...

Heres a pic of where I live, looks like from last spring actually. The blue is where my trailer would be for 2 days... meaning, the weekend while I outfit it.. And I'd park my truck across the street.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

so its only illegal if its on the sidewalk as well as the driveway? well within the confines of the driveway is ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast