Quantcast
Kevin O'Leary. The next Conservative leader. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin O'Leary. The next Conservative leader.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I don't think O'Leary will win the leadership because I don't think he can win the PM job. No French. Like it or not it's tough to win the big job without the support of Quebec. My money at this point is on Maxime Bernier.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by J-hop

The other problem is look at how he operates. He wants to run the country like a business. Which may sound good to some people but for others who can step back and think about it rationally, how many times has a CEO of a large company ever cared whether his people on the front lines live in poverty or not? That's right, never....
    Do you realize how many people in Calgary and on Beyond used that line of thinking to prop up and support Nenshi?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by Seth1968

Call it as you will, but I'm seeing someone that will get our resources to market.
    We are screwed period. Can't get it to the west coast, so the price the USA is willing to pay is in a buyer market as we have no other choices. USA is thrilled to see us not helping ourselves as a nation and desperate for US pipeline permissions. So the USA dictates the prices and terms.

O'Weary going to help this how? A royalty deal is his M.O. on SharkTank and laughed off as it should be.
    Last edited by Tenkara Way; 01-18-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    I don't think O'Leary will win the leadership because I don't think he can win the PM job. No French. Like it or not it's tough to win the big job without the support of Quebec. My money at this point is on Maxime Bernier.
    O'Weary is from Montreal, his French has to be there in some decent capacity.

Update: His French is at the cereal box reading level.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/27...in%20O%27Leary
    Last edited by Tenkara Way; 01-18-2017 at 10:55 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Call it as you will, but I'm seeing someone that will get our resources to market.
    Harper couldn't do it.
    Justin couldn't (as of yet) do it.
    O'Leary definitely couldn't do it.

The only way we can do it is trade our democracy and court system with dictatorship.

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Harper got a minority and a majority without Quebec. All Conservatives need is a major vote split on the left.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

I hope that someone from the conservatives wins, even though I'm more liberal, simply so I can stop listening to the constant bitching on Facebook from people who don't have a clue how economics works.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by dj_patm
    I hope that someone from the conservatives wins, even though I'm more liberal, simply so I can stop listening to the constant bitching on Facebook from people who don't have a clue how economics works.
    It doesn't matter who's in charge, your taxes will still go up, and people will still bitch (especially on social media).

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

You don't have to listen to them. Just unfollow them or take a break from facebook. There's a study suggesting that being on social media is bad for your mental health.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwa.../#3069625d2e65

My Ride
    Bicycle

You have to remember that you can never please everyone. A 50% disapproval of what the government is doing is par.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I actually think he would be good for the economy - especially that of Alberta. But he is such an opinionated asshole that I would heavily fear that relations with other countries would be severely harmed.

I also believe he would try to implement sociological and ideological policy which would mimic his own personality as opposed to the general interests of Canada.

So - economy: Good. Everything else: Bad.

No thanks.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Where is Brett Wilson when you need him?!

Doesn't he hate Mr. Wonderful? Would love to see him run just to spite him

Originally posted by ercchry
    Where is Brett Wilson when you need him?!

Doesn't he hate Mr. Wonderful? Would love to see him run just to spite him
    This!!! The problem is that an actual and truly successful business person who has a set of morals and empathy for others has other things taking his time vs a celebrity businessman who is keen on riding the wave of publically acceptable douchbaggedness forged by another megalomaniac just south of us...

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Trudeau can't even answer questions. He just replies with general fluff.
    Truedea? That's any politician...

Originally posted by MalibuStacy
    Canadian Donald Trump?...
    Pretty much. But possibly less of a loose canon and might actually have good ideas. I'm interested to hear him out, I'm not familiar of his views outside of business/economy.
    He'll obviously do what's in his interests, not sure if those interests will necessarily be in the best interest of a country.
    Last edited by NoPulp; 01-18-2017 at 12:54 PM.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

As much as I would love to see Brett Wilson run, he has had 2 very serious bouts of cancer. I think he just beat his last round in 16. His goals and objectives have drastically changed, I don't think he wants to be tied to a job anymore. He won't even do DD.

I am a little torn. I have read Kevin O'Leary's book and done some light research in his business ventures. I truly believe that he cares about the nation of Canada, but, as a politician I do not think he'd be productive. I don't think he would be the right image either.

I would like to see another Stephen Harper type.

Gone are the days of Ralph type political candidates (at least in Canada).

I don't really like Justin Trudeau. However, antics aside on the world stage he isn't bound to make us look as retarded as a trumpesque type of candidate.

On the whole, we all know economy is important, but let's not pretend like a different party in power would make us have 100 dollar oil or 9 dollar nat gas.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Related but not really, I clicked the link below and it led to this:

http://globalnews.ca/news/3188512/ke...ve-leadership/

Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    ute

O'Leary's biggest benefit is that he has no doe-eyed illusions about how Canada actually generates wealth. We extract resources. That's what we do. The better and more efficiently we do it, the better the country is.

He doesn't have illusions of grandeur and spew dreamy platitudes about us "diversifying our economy" INSTEAD of extracting resources.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I don't like O'Leary but I do think he'd do a better job than Trudeau.

Pretty sad that's the Canadian political landscape.

Originally posted by Buster
    O'Leary's biggest benefit is that he has no doe-eyed illusions about how Canada actually generates wealth. We extract resources. That's what we do. The better and more efficiently we do it, the better the country is.

He doesn't have illusions of grandeur and spew dreamy platitudes about us "diversifying our economy" INSTEAD of extracting resources.
    At a fundamental level the vast majority of Canadians/the western world are violently opposed to this. No matter what it looks like. In all forms.

The world is increasingly applying pressure socially. To ignore the waves of anti fossil fuel sentiment spells disaster.

I am a nearly born and raised Albertan. Functionally I have worked and profited from o&g. I owe almost everything I have to it. I adore it. Technically and viscerally.

But, you can't ignore the fact that it is going out of style and people are willing to cut their nose to spite their face about it. Either we find a way to work with the change or we stagnate and die.
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

^there is a difference between the number of people and the volume of their voice....

We are living in a myopia here in Alberta. The sheer volume of people that vehemently disagree with oil production warranted or otherwise is astounding.

Put aside the absolute necessities of oil for all sorts of goods and services, there's a reason why things like Tesla and bike lanes are gaining more traction. Basically California is taking over. Whether they realize the irony in how their goods are built is a separate discussion.

Lots of people wish for us to be Denmark.

Join me.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast