Quantcast
US invading Canada. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: US invading Canada.

Default US invading Canada.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-invade-canada

ZH link.

They do have a point, from a spoils of war perspective, it totally makes sense for the US to dissolve NATO and invade Canada. I mean they already tried once and failed, but now they got nukes and a mostly idle military that is not sustaining itself overseas.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Should invade Mexico instead.
    Would be cheaper than building the wall and would be done a lot quicker as well.

I say us Albertans should sell the province to the US. We would all be filthy rich, and it would would be a glorious "fuck you" to the East.

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by Seth1968
    I say us Albertans should sell the province to the US. We would all be filthy rich, and it would would be a glorious "fuck you" to the East.
    Filthy rich? The cost of your health care alone would more than offset any savings in taxes.

No thanks. Love to visit, but not live.

My Ride
    is broken

If anything Canada needs to buy Alaska and Hawaii should be its own country.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

Originally posted by Feruk

Filthy rich? The cost of your health care alone would more than offset any savings in taxes.

No thanks. Love to visit, but not live.
    I'm talking a total sell out. Each Albertan over 18 gets 10 million.

Then we all move to somewhere warm

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Default Re: US invading Canada.

Originally posted by ZenOps
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-invade-canada

ZH link.

They do have a point, from a spoils of war perspective, it totally makes sense for the US to dissolve NATO and invade Canada. I mean they already tried once and failed, but now they got nukes and a mostly idle military that is not sustaining itself overseas.
    Took a while, but you drew me into one of your threads.

They certainly don't need nukes. At least, not initially. They have a decidedly overwhelming military force in comparison to us. Yes, they would lose some of their forces in their door-to-door campaign, which would be necessary due to how spread out Canada is and how patriotic and willing to defend our country I imagine most of us would be. But the rewards would be immense.

As powerful as they are, I would imagine such action would trigger another world war, and I'm not sure who (if anyone) would be on the side of the USA. Especially considering the bridges Trump is working so hard to burn with world leaders. We would get support from likely the entire European nation, and probably some countries we wouldn't even expect. I bet Russia would jump on board - just as an opportunity to position themselves as a "friendly" part of the coalition - but clearly, they would be happy to fight against the US if they were not held responsible for starting it.

I'm not concerned. There is really no reason for the US to become even more hated in the world, and they don't exactly need the space at this point. (Resources, sure... but not space.) To invade Canada would basically be viewed as the equivalent of what Hitler did in the early 40's. Ties to most other countries would be all but dissolved, and the US would lose a LOT of people. I'd like to say that the citizens of the USA would never let it happen, but given the leeway Trump has been given thusfar, combined with the fact we've seen a developed countries support such regimes already, I don't believe I CAN say that with any level of certainty.

Canada should negotiate for the Turk and Caicos, maybe a treaty with the British just in case the US ever tries to invade the greater UK.

Hawaii isn't really American at least according to Trump, to this day its more Japanese/Filipino/Polynesian. Whites really only started colonizing the island in the last two decades or so, and really only because of US law requiring US dollars be used for things like land.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii#Ancestry_groups

Alaska has always been Russian, just Ask Sarah Putin. After the US bought Alaska, the US did have a plan to buy British Columbia - but it never materialized. Aruguably it was the publics shortsighted view that Alaska was a "polar bear garden" and nothing else.

Zuckerberg did pay $100+ million US for 700 acres of Hawaii... Which still seems a wee bit high to me considering I still think every born Canadian should get 640 acres for free. I mean seriously, all you need are a couple leper outbreaks and some incurable tropical disease and all of a sudden Canadian tundra is more valuable.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-21-2017 at 09:55 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.