Quantcast
NDP trying to unionize engineers - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: NDP trying to unionize engineers

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

As ustual, that guy has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. He makes shit up, ignores anything that counters his opinion (no matter how factual) and avoids being challenged by deflection and misdirection.

He doesn't have a fucking clue. He's the smartest person he knows though so I guess that's worth something?
    Trudeau and Gestalt have the exact same persona. That is, a young deer in headlights.

Gestalt ignores any rational rebuttal to his claims. There's many examples of that, but mine is the teachers thread.

Trudeau has the tenacity to answer a rebuttal, but it goes like this:

AH, this government, AH, is committed to, AH, Bombardier, and diversity, AH, and diversity.

What a fucked up so called Democracy we have. Quebec has all the perks that Albertans don't have, but our kids pay for it.

Separation NOW!

As usual, that guy has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. He makes shit up, ignores anything that counters his opinion (no matter how factual) and avoids being challenged by deflection and misdirection.

He doesn't have a fucking clue. He's the smartest person he knows though so I guess that's worth something?
    Yup.

He posts like he's a 3rd or 4th year university student. He probably knows 3 tradesmen, 3 office workers, 3 educated people, was told a few things by 3 successful people, etc, and has formed all his opinions based on very limited exposure to each topic.

He acts like everything is fresh, new, etc, because he hasn't been around long enough to see all his ideas are old, and have been either disproven, or viewed as no better or no worse than a lot of other arguments on that topic.

He's the guy that when management says they are introducing some new fresh awesome plan that's going to revolutionize the company and make everyone rich buys 100% into it, because he has no clue the same recycled idea has been sold as fresh 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 15 years ago, etc.

All that is fine, if he was actually learning from his mistakes..... but he's also a giant broken record. He's polishing the same turd arguments over and over, never realizing you can't polish a turd.

As usual, that guy has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. He makes shit up, ignores anything that counters his opinion (no matter how factual) and avoids being challenged by deflection and misdirection.

I'm not very School smart, bit am good with my hands, and good at problem solving. That's why I'm a mechanic.

My wife is far smarter than me. I have no problem with it. I'm used to it. But you guys pretending this regulation change is the end of the world and the work of satanists are some serious drugs.

So if I'm clueless, God help you here.
    Keep making stuff up, it's a fun ride between oil changes.

Meh, I took rocks for jocks. I don't know that anyone really needs power of signature or a union to say "dig here".
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Originally posted by ZenOps
    I don't know that anyone really needs power of signature or a union to say "dig here".
    They shouldn't, but here we are.

Originally posted by Gestalt

I'm not very School smart, bit am good with my hands, and good at problem solving. That's why I'm a mechanic.

My wife is far smarter than me. I have no problem with it. I'm used to it. But you guys pretending this regulation change is the end of the world and the work of satanists are some serious drugs.

With no education you try to discuss complex financial/economics/social topics...almost like if someone came into your shop with no mechanical experience and told you how to change a timing belt. Man you are a joke....

Troll, or someone who needs a slap

Originally posted by Type_S1

With no education you try to discuss complex financial/economics/social topics...almost like if someone came into your shop with no mechanical experience and told you how to change a timing belt. Man you are a joke....
    Im sorry, I though everyone here was an engineer, not an economist or political scientist.

Im sorry, I though everyone here was an engineer, not an economist or political scientist.
    You "though" wrong.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Political science seems strange to me. I mean, you can't really teach good policy can you?

All they can really teach you are things like spin, how to get elected regardless of what you believe in, and the stupid amount of paperwork you have to fill in to get a cup of water at the watercooler.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    G6

Engineers arent as critical for strike as doctors. No one will die if engineers strike. Work might stop, but that's the point. And no one is forcing anyone to do anything, rather fundamental rights are being restored.
    An engineer's duty to public safety has nothing to do with going on strike... It's got everything to do with making sure the bridge you drive on doesn't collapse or the natural gas pipeline in your back yard doesn't explode.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by Feruk

An engineer's duty to public safety has nothing to do with going on strike... It's got everything to do with making sure the bridge you drive on doesn't collapse or the natural gas pipeline in your back yard doesn't explode.
    Or that the petroleum reserve numbers that determine the value of your investments (and your RRSP, Pension etc) are accurate.

People overlook that one, but it's one of the most critical things that has potential for huge abuses, and is critical for and effective economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Not Smart...explains everything

And that has what to do with Union? I would thin your only leg to stand on at being "forced" into a union is life threatening situations if they go on strike.

Otherwise, no difference, probably better pay, and more benefits, lift the whole industry, even non union.

I would thin your only leg to stand on at being "forced"
    Well that clears that up
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Z

And that has what to do with Union? I would thin your only leg to stand on at being "forced" into a union is life threatening situations if they go on strike.

Otherwise, no difference, probably better pay, and more benefits, lift the whole industry, even non union.

I'll negotiate my own pay thank you very much.
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

Originally posted by g-m
    I'll negotiate my own pay thank you very much.

That's what I said.

But you undertsand as an indivuidual, your bargaining power is limited. there's strength in numbers obviously.

That's what I said.

But you undertsand as an indivuidual, your bargaining power is limited. there's strength in numbers obviously.
    Anything look a bit off about "indivuidual"?
    You've got this man, a spelling mistake free post is in your future I can feel it.
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Z

That's what I said.

so all those people behind the numbers are equal? They all do the same quality of work, at the same speed? They all write and communicate equally well? They all have the same industry contacts and networks? They are all equally intelligent?
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

Originally posted by g-m
    so all those people behind the numbers are equal? They all do the same quality of work, at the same speed? They all write and communicate equally well? They all have the same industry contacts and networks? They are all equally intelligent?
    This guy wouldn't understand the vast difference in office worker quality or the reason why 2 guys with the same years experience can make $100,000 difference in salary. He likely has always worked a $/hour gig and felt the "big man" was taking advantage of the poor workers.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast