Quantcast
United removes passenger from flight - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: United removes passenger from flight

Originally posted by revelations
    Oh btw to avoid this one can do all the preboarding ahead of schedule for most airlines. They are highly unlikely to bump someone already checked in.
    Though in this case the person wasn't only already checked in, they were boarded.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    How can he they have the right to kick him off? They have the right to deny him boarding, but once he's boarded, they're now kicking him off the place.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/250.2a

If you look at the contract of carriage, rule 21
    https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...age.aspx#sec21

This situation doesn't apply to anything outlined in rule 21.

Look at Rule 4. Once a ticket is issued with a seat, the seat is confirmed.

Rule 24 talks about shortage of labour, but that's in connection with cancelling a flight.

Rule 25 states that if a flight is oversold, they can deny boarding, but again, once boarded, they can't be removed and considered "denied".
    I asked that same question, but a quick look at that Rule 21 A is probably the catch all in this case, where Rule 5G is invoked. Rule 4 just deals with reservations, you can still get bumped as per rule 5, cancelling reservations. 4C specifically says that.

Like I said, I've seen a lot of drama at the gates, never once boarded. I'm guessing the 4 Republic Airlines staff needed to get on AFTER boarding, which triggered this mess and odd timing.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

The stock markets dont like passenger abuse it seems

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ersy?CMP=fb_gu

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by jwslam
    I didn't know what that was until I did a presentation on it recently

One of my bucket list items that I can never cross off. Concorde was the shit back in the day.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Man if he really was offered $800 credit, I would have been all over that if my schedule was flexible enough.

Hell, one time I was waiting for a flight to AZ and they offered $350 for someone to take a later flight in the evening and I almost jumped on that hahaha! The only thing that kept me from taking it was I thought I had to get my rental car the time I said I'd be there. Had I known the rental company was flexible with when I pick up my car, I'd be $350 credits richer
    This is a funny article on getting rich from getting bumped. $11K!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabe...a-this-weekend

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Originally posted by rage2

One of my bucket list items that I can never cross off. Concorde was the shit back in the day.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/1...corde_2_dot_0/

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/concorde-2-...-round-1613920

No longer a bucket-list purchase

Speaking to the Guardian in late 2016, Scholl said Boom flights would cost "about the same as tickets in business class...I don't know a single person who wouldn't want to get there in half the time, rather than have some free champagne. It wouldn't be a bucket-list purchase any more. There is a huge market and the margins are enormous."

A former Amazon executive, Scholl previously a software engineer for the online retailer, before managing its automated advertising and social network divisions. A certified pilot, Scholl then moved to become a senior director at Groupon, before founding Boom in 2014. Other Boom staff have worked at Boeing, Virgin Galactic, Gulfstream, Lockheed Martin and Nasa; four of the company's nine-person leadership team are pilots.

Boom was helped to life by Y Combinator, the most high-profile startups accelerator in Silicon Valley which has already produced holiday rental company AirBnB and file storage provider Dropbox. Wright Electric, which hopes to produce a fully electric, 80-seat airplane capable of crossing the Atlantic is also a product of Y Combinator and hopes to be flying within 10 years.
    Last edited by jwslam; 04-11-2017 at 11:18 AM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

This is a funny article on getting rich from getting bumped. $11K!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabe...a-this-weekend
    Jesus, I'm getting a boner reading this. I want to cash in now haha

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Man if he really was offered $800 credit, I would have been all over that if my schedule was flexible enough.

Hell, one time I was waiting for a flight to AZ and they offered $350 for someone to take a later flight in the evening and I almost jumped on that hahaha! The only thing that kept me from taking it was I thought I had to get my rental car the time I said I'd be there. Had I known the rental company was flexible with when I pick up my car, I'd be $350 credits richer
    Bro you gotta aim higher!!! Check out how lucky this lady got haha....rebooked 3 times in a row!

CHA CHING!!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabe.../#23c9025d4de1

Edit: awww someone beat me to it haha

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Already lost close to a billion in market cap and likely much more damage to come from PR and lawsuits.. China is their #1 foreign market and they're pissed. 200 million views in 24 hours.

Good job United, at least you got your employee a seat and didn't have to give that guy his $800, totally worth it.
    Good thing they stuck to their guns for $800 Like I was saying before - doesn't matter who is right/wrong, the fact that they enforced this policy knowing in advance that it would be broadcast everywhere online is incomprehensible. Or when they sensed that the passenger was going to be a problem - just raise the amount and get someone else to do it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Good job United, at least you got your employee a seat and didn't have to give that guy his $800, totally worth it.
    Not United employees. Guy was offered $800, not sure if he got it after forced removal though.

We'll see if it actually happens.

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by mazdavirgin
    I'm amazed that dude was stupid enough to pull a I'm going to go limp and resist being removed from the plane. He's lucky he didn't get shot at seeing the current climate in the USA around airlines and security. Epic stupid on his part.

Apparently now it's being labeled as racism in China?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/11/asia/u...hina-reaction/

Really wonder how the Chinese state airlines would handle someone who refused to get off their plane. My guess you would vanish for a bit and get the shit beaten out of you along with some re-education.
    I don't think he did, I think he got a concussion. Explains his disoriented behavior and muttering after.

My Ride
    rally pig

Yup, 800$ is a pretty sweet deal and I've done it a few times for $250 (iirc) AirCanada vouchers + breakfast.
    One time while in Chicago, United Airlines was offering $400 and I was so tempted to accept the offer if only my wife wasn't with me

The stock price says otherwise. Who knows if people will actually boycott United or not.
    Of course not, all the people that say they will boycott United will forget next time they do a search for a flight and see the cheap seats again. The same seats that are most likely to get bumped. Either that or they'll book it through Air Canada and not realize its a code share flight operated by UAL
    ---

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook

Dr Dao has previously worked at Hardin Memorial Hospital and owned a medical practice.

It was also revealed he had previously been given a suspended jail sentence for illegally obtaining and trafficking controlled substances by fraud and deceit.

He was also found to have in engaged in sex with a male patient and then supplied him with drugs, including Oxycontin, in exchange for sexual favors.

His license was suspended in 2003, and it was then partially re-instated in 2015.

Dr Dao is also a keen poker player, and has competed in World Series of Poker events in the past.

He joined the circuit in 2006, and had his best result when he finished second in a tournament in 2009.

The WSOP's website claims he has pocketed $234,664 in winnings over his time on the felt.
    Talk about a random life haha.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

This guy is a badass!
    Adding the United drag-off to his resume seems appropriate for him.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

This can't be real. It's a conspiracy. He knows where MH370 is.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Wonder if security mistaken him as a high risk trouble making DR... that they wanted to be ahead before it got outta hands.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

I wasn't far off after all then

A+ British intelligence as usual haha

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast