Quantcast
Meister MSTR Watch Giveaway! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Meister MSTR Watch Giveaway!

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

Default Why I should be selected to win,

-Occasional contributor to Fashion and Luxury forum not only in regards to wrist pieces but via pm to other members looking for help with suiting and suit alteration/repair (based on my limited expertise in this industry)- these threads seem to pop up every couple of months or so. Recent contributions to Fashion and Luxury forum:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/dive-wat...07#post3946907
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/dive-wat...96#post3946896
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/uboat-cl...20#post3932820
    I’m likely ~dozen posts in this forum on watches

My contributions to Wrist shot Friday! Thread:
    *cough*

And another no one has heard of

Other watches in my [small] collection:
    Tateossian- Red & Black Carbon fibre
    Guess Fashion Watch
    Nautica chrono auto diver
    A Citizen eco drive ‘dress’ watch
    Couple of bad replica tags;
    here’s a sample

Clean and sleek under a shirt cuff: Tateossian [unknown model]

Large clean face, cool band: Guess fashion watch

My favourite: Nautica chrono auto diver

I’ve recently taken interest in the mechanics and construction of watches whereas before I didn’t know the difference between an automatic and a quartz. I’ve been looking for a new ‘unique’ watch to add to my collection and try doing my own WUS style review on, but it’s not in the budget at the moment so this would be an excellent opportunity for my first review.

Based on the other watches in my collection, a MSTR would be the ‘nicest’ however I have other comparable watches to give an honest review of the watch, without being influenced from owning time pieces of much higher quality or cost. My preference of the available watches:

1- Diver 1
    2-commander
    4- ambassador
    3- prodigy black
    5- chief

Nobody likes a novel so I’ll stop. Thanks for the consideration.
    Last edited by rizfarmer; 07-26-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Hi, my name is Arif. I would like to enter the contest for a couple of reasons. Mainly because having a dressy watch is a prerequisite in the world. I would greatly appreciate winning any one of those watches that has been shown above, but the second and the third from the left seem to tickle my fancy the most.

Also, while I do have a few watches that I can currently choose from to wear, a couple variations of the Nixon Cannons, a few Ben Sherman tickers, and a plethora of G Shocks (various colours to fit my moods and to match the sneakers I might be wearing that day), also a FLUD Turntables piece that the ladies seem to dig (but it far too big to wear on any sort of regular basis) Having and rocking a sexy Meister MSTR would only help to enhance my game with the ladies. As you know, an e-mack is not an e-mack without a snazzy timepiece. Plus on top of all of that...a new watch will allow me to keep track of all my moderating hours I've been putting in for as long as I have.

I would like to say that I have a lot of posts in the fashion forum, but without any sort of fancy watch to show off I can't say that I do. But perhaps winning one of the gorgeous Meister MSTR timepieces will change all of that.

I really hope that I am lucky enough to be chosen as one of the winners. But good luck to everyone who is entering.

Sincerely,

Arif.

...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I will toss in an entry as well, those Meister watches are beautiful.

My comparison however would be limited to two brands as I only own Tag and Nixon watches and have yet to branch out.

I currently own:

TH Carrera, first nice watch I ever bought.
    Nixon 5150 Gunmetal
    Nixon 5130 Chrono Surplus (have no clue but really dig the dark green)
    TH Formula 1 (anniversary gift, best one ever. This year I got a lawn mower.....what the shit, that's like me giving the wife dish soap and oven mitts.

Interested in 1 & 3

Good luck everyone who enters!
    Last edited by Kavy; 07-26-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    changes every year

This is a pretty cool thing you are bringing into our little Beyond Rage! I'm interested in the contest for 2 reasons.

1. I love watches(timepieces). I've only just started really getting into them as it is definitely a money game when it comes to this "addiction" and im only allowed to buy so much stuff according to my wife.

2. I am trying to expand my horizons and learn more about different brands of timepieces and what better than to win one from Beyond and give a review on it?

I've had a minimum of I'd say 50 posts in the fashion and luxury section and will be continuing to use the section!

I currently own 5 watches(timepieces), 2 of which I just acquired in the last month or so.

First one I bought is a Nixon "The Duke" with the fat leather band, gunmetal face, brushed steel and REAL diamond(according to the watch lol)

Second is my Diesel Digital DZ7070, digital watch with black leather strap.

Third is my first real Timepiece which is a Bulova Marine Star 98E102 black and rose gold in color

Fourth is my Citizen Eco-Drive CA0 CTZ-B8143 Black Stainless Steel GN-4W-S

Fifth and newest addition to my collection is my Tissot T-Race with white rubber band and black/brushed face, i love this one.

I like the particular Meister watches in this order 1, 3, 4, 2, 5.

Here's a pic of all of them, one more space left for a Meister!!
    Last edited by 03ozwhip; 08-07-2012 at 12:14 PM.

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

EDIT: Entry withdrawn due to lint's insurmountable awesomeness on page 4 of this thread.
    My humble entry simply pales in comparison.
    Last edited by ga16i; 07-27-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Well... I am a regular contributor to Beyond, especially the Fashion thread (frequent poster in the Nice Watches and Wrist Shot Fridays). I was also the one that stimulated the interest of your proposed Beyond/Meister collaboration, which I would be greatly interested in. Especially if it's my proposed design.

My obsession with timepieces is a bit of an understatement:

Missing from this shot is my special edition F1 as I was wearing it:

I have watches of all shapes and sizes. I acquire all brands because I buy what I love and what makes me happy.

I love watches because it made me appreciate how precious time is in our lives.

Time dictates everything and I love the subtlety of its' power. If you don't believe me, show up late at a date or a meeting lol.

Watches are so simple yet so intricate. I am fascinated with how much effort mechanical timepieces go through to be built. It made me appreciate human perseverance and ingenuity. Some in my collection are older than my grandmother and still runs smooth. Amazing.

These pics are from my phone but I have a better cam that can do these:

As for the collection itself, I have an Omega pocket watch, a special edition Movado M125 museum watch, a Jeremy Scott special edition Swatch Lightning Flash... Blah, blah, blah, whatever.

Out of all of them in my collection, three have deep meaning to me and I will never, EVER let them go:

This Citizen 430252 KA moonphase watch (4330 movement) belonged to my father and when he gave it to me, it was absolutely destroyed. He wanted to throw it away but I remember seeing this watch when I was a kid and was amazed by the moon and the sun moving within it. I got it fixed through Beyond and it runs better than ever.

This Seiko 7002 'Pepsi bezel' divers' watch also belonged to my father and he bought it brand new 20-something years ago. Still running strong, he gave it to me after knowing he can trust me with something valuable haha.

This Guess Indiglo from 1996 ticks loudly and it's not the prettiest watch of the bunch. I love it to death because it's my very first watch ever.

I still remember when I was a kid at the mall, I went to the Guess store and the sales lady showed the Indiglo technology to me. Seeing as I was 7, the glow in the dark ability was the knee's bees to me and I had to have it. I begged my parents for it and they said no because it was expensive (I lived in the Philippines at that time so our economy is a tad different from Canada lol).

Being the typical Asian kid, I worked hard through studies and yet, they still said no. I pulled the tantrum card and like a rock, my parents just stonewalled me and pulled out the belt.

Then on my birthday, I open my gift and there she was. I remember purposely staying late at night and going underneath the covers to push the button for HOURS!

This watch will always remind me that hard work does pay off and don't cry for something; work for it or else you're gonna get a whooping. It was one of my most amazing memories of my childhood.

I'd love to win the Ambassador one and only that one. If it's already taken, then I'd rather give my spot to someone else and let them enjoy it.

Even if I don't win, that's fine by me. As long as someone else is able to enjoy the passion and the love I have for watches, I can live another day.

It is one of the purest things in life. Watches will never lie to you and you can always depend on time. The trick is how to use it to the fullest.

If that watch DID lie to you, then you bought a shitty one.

Sorry.

- Don
    Last edited by flipstah; 07-26-2012 at 10:20 PM.

My Ride
    '16 GMC HD '94 MKIV SUPRA

I haven't owned a watch since I was 18, it was a Kenneth Cole that I bought from Watch It! I have been playing with the idea of buying a watch, however I feel like I need something to give me the push into starting a collection...I'm sure one day I will break down and buy one but who knows when?! I am left handed but for some strange reason I wear my watch on my left wrist, because of this reason I like #2 the most since the dial is on the opposite side, #3 is my second choice and #4 is my last choice! If you want a good review where the watch gets put through some paces I am pretty hard on equipment and I will wear it on my day to day grind (aside from work, I work on cars and wearing a watch is a big no no as i don't want to scratch anything not to mention how dangerous it is) I do a lot of physical activity so I will be able to test how the watch will stand up to being smacked around!

-Kent

My Ride
    05 Civic

I have never owned a high end watch! Really interested in getting my hands on one, but being a student really limits my choices. I hope that one of these MSTR watches can be the start of my collection!

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i like #2, 1 and 4 (in order)

i love big watches, really need something to add to the collection with a giant ass crown.

im not big on taking pics of my watches. but i do have a pretty decent camera and know somewhat how to use it (im a wiz at photoshop though ) ...if thats what you're getting at

currently i have a few reps, and a few non-reps. collection is sitting at about... 10ish?

i have mostly dive, pilot, and military watches. ranging from 39mm up to 56mm

not saying which are rep or not, but brands (off the top of my head) are...

iwc, omega, pam, uhr-kraft, nixon, rolex, chopard, some other obscure shit

number of posts? dunno (EDIT:76 posts in fashion and luxury or .95% of all my posts vs. Rage2's 377 or 1.53 total posts )... too many to count. i would say top 5 watch commenter on here for sure. plus i feel like im owed for being a top 30 poster and not getting invited to the anniversary party
    Last edited by ercchry; 07-26-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Why should I win?

Im a watch enthusiast, simple as that. From 2008 when I first started working in jewellery I have loved watches. My appreciation for the quality of high end watches and the craftsmanship that goes into them ties into my studies as a History student as well. Knowing that an individual hand crafted it without the use of automation and using centuries old techniques really appealed to me.

I have posted a few times in the watch thread and became a beyond.ca sponsor a few years back and I was able to offer fantastic prices on watches and other jewellery to beyond members.

Here is a picture I took of two of my watches

Breitling Superocean Automatic
    Tag Heuer Formula 1

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

PICK ME!
    Last edited by Destinova403; 07-26-2012 at 12:25 PM.

My Ride
    German

I have actually only worn Nixons and Vestals ever since I could start affording my own watches. However, I've recently been forced to sell all of my collection of roughly 10 watches due to the fact that I'm extremely strapped for cash lately with all the preparation to move out into my own first place. It sucks but I guess that's part of growing up is to have to start shifting priorities around. I was able to keep one of my Nixons (The Chronicle SS) for a daily and is actually the only watch I own now. I would be really nice to be able to have a collection again but that probably wont be for a couple years now until I'm all settled in again. I'd really be happy with any of the watches if selected as a candidate as I actually first heard about Meister from Fatlace but again was out of my price range. Cheers to a new-grad living on the bachelor budget!

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Watches in my collection are pathetic. The few times I've posted in wrist shot friday make me feel so inadequate relative to beyond ballers.

Post #1
    Post #2
    Last edited by jwslam; 07-26-2012 at 01:26 PM.

My Ride
    Cummins F10

i like the first watch, and the last one in the photo

my IWC

and i also have a Bell & Ross and a TAG
    Last edited by T-Dubbs; 08-10-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I will throw my hat into the ring.

Why I would like to win a watch? I would love to have something of good quality, and finally have something I can be proud of, instead of admitting that I have to wear cheap garbage, or admitting I have to wear knock-offs.

the 3 watches that I currently have:

From left to right: U-Boat knock off, Tag Heuer knock off, POS Timex expedition (4th one, as they never worked properly and just gave up)

As for my number of posts regarding watches on the forum, I would say less than 10, to be honest about it, I am kinda ashamed of what I have that I post about, so it is low.

I keep going into jewellery stores and checking out watches, wanting to buy one, and always remember that I am no Beyond baller, and then have to leave disappointed. Divorce and kids kinda leave me broke. Would be nice to have something of value that I could be proud of, and display and wear around.

If I had my choice, I would love #1, #4 or #2

An example from the wristshot Friday thread of my shame LOL. Hey, at least I am honest about it...

Originally posted by spikers

still rocking it, and it is still working great! hahahaha

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I really like that watch Spikers

Originally posted by spikers

Thanks, but it is a knock off. I picked it up in the Philippines in December for about $35 CDN. It runs like a champ, and self winding to boot! Hasn't got a scratch on it, and I have banged it around quite a bit, hence why even if I could afford to blow that kind of cash on a real one, I wouldn't. I am just to hard on them.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I was wondering why the crown was on the right hand side! lol

Nice buy for $35!
    As for the part of me being too hard on them, that's not true, it is just an excuse I tell myself.
    Last edited by spikerS; 07-26-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    F430, M3, 911

Ill throw an entry in, even though i don't fulfill some of the requirements specifically "Higher than grade 4 spelling and grammar in my posts"

-Bell & Ross BR01-92
    -Porsche Design P6340
    -Nixon 51-30 Ceramic
    -Nixon Ceramic Player

Recently sold my Classic Flyback, need to replace that one with something else.

If i had the choice i would take the Meister Ambassador Black on Carbon #4.. That's really the only one i would wear out of the bunch to be honest..
    Last edited by Redlyne_jr; 08-01-2012 at 12:47 PM.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Those are pretty nice watches!

I don't post in the wrist shot firdays thread because my two watches would get laughed outta there

I have two Nixon 51-30's, One tide in all gold (bought wasted in vegas cause i loved how douchey it was lol) and one chrono in gunmetal. i like them and get lots of compliments on them, they are fairly big, but im a big guy so its all relative..

I feel as though i should win one of these watches so i don't look like such a douche with my oversized goddy watches, and because i need a watch i can actually wear to work.
    Number 1 and 3 are legit!

i want a hublot, but fuck spending that much one of my buddies just bought one for 14k or something. i make good money, but nothing that allows for anything like that.

plus most of my funds go to partying

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Default I would love to own a Meister :)

I have always loved Nixon watches, as they're affordable and they have pretty awesome designs. This looks to be the same case for Meister watches. Currently, I wear a Nixon 51-30 in 100% Matte Black as my casual watch.

One of my favorite watches was my White Nixon Big Rig I've had since 2008. I kept it in mint condition (being white and all, you'd want to), but unfortunately one day I misplaced it and it was stolen. It pisses me off to this day, but it is what it is. Man, I miss that watch. So if for some reason I am chosen to win one, I'd gladly take #5 as my first choice (the only white one in the bunch). If not, I'd be happy with #4 or #1 to add to my collection of black watches.

I've worn watches all my life in the $150-$550 range from Nixon, Guess, Seiko, Citizen, Movado, and plenty of G-Shocks. I believe my review of the Meister would be honest, comparative, and in turn, credible to those who might consider buying a Meister in the future.

They look like awesome watches and I'd be more than happy to play with what looks to be a quality product.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 07-26-2012 at 12:07 PM.

My Ride
    See sig

...because when I tried to contribute to wrist-shot fridays I was made fun of and my feelings were hurt.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

Hi I would love one of these watches from first to last I'd have to say #1, 5 , and 4. I love the look of one for how clean and simple it looks and 5 reminds me of a panarai I'd love to own one day. And 3 because being a car guy what can I say CF rocks lol. I don't have a huge watch collection, I own a Nixon "duke" that my girl got me three years ago. And still wear it everyday. The guys I work with are really into watches and have been trying to get me into it and telling me to buy a Rolex, panarai, iwc. I would love to show them these watches.

Thanks

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I really only like the looks of 1, 3

I am an ocasional poster in the watches thread but regularly purchase watch magazines for reading during travel and follow several watch related blogs.

I have
    2 D&G
    3 Armani
    1 Citizen Aqualand 40th anniversary dive watch
    1 Mavado
    1 Rolex explorer II

My dream watch is a Patek and I have a hate for big bulky watches like Nixon.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast