Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Hyundai Dealerships - Positive Experiences

Author
Thread
Robnaldo

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by big A
I bought my 2011 Elantra from Grant at Precision and am completely happy with the entire purchase.

Just like it was said earlier Grant retired from his career, went traveling, got bored and decided to sell cars. That is why he has almost a no pressure approach to his sales.

I just wanted to say I went car shopping this weekend and made an appointment to see Grant, and end up buying a car from him. (2012 Hyundai Veloster)

I mention this thread, but if I had your name I could have given you a referral.

Grant was very laid back and easy to deal with, almost like having your Grandpa in the passenger seat. I would highly recommend seeing him. The Sales Manager, as someone else said is little more of a "Salesmen," but honestly nothing I couldn't handle and was pleasant to deal with.

If you're looking for Hyundai check out Precision and go see Grant!

Here is a picture of me with my new car:

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-05-2012 11:06 PM
Robnaldo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robnaldo Click here to Send Robnaldo a Private Message Find more posts by Robnaldo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

FixedGear
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

^^sweet ride man, those velosters look sharp.

Old Post 05-06-2012 01:02 AM
FixedGear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ven
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Robnaldo

Love it.

Old Post 05-06-2012 01:33 AM
Ven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ven Click here to Send Ven a Private Message Visit Ven's homepage! Find more posts by Ven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomcoPDR
Forum Sponsor

What I drive: Bowtie
Posts/Day: 0.86
Trader Rating: (74)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Nice car, seen an Asian guy in one, same color near back alley.

Old Post 05-06-2012 01:49 AM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Singulari

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03

quote:

No rants really. It seems that Calgary Hyundai and Precision Hyundai have poor service overall. It's only when I told them that I don't care about the price and just wanted something to get looked at that they sent a service guy and took a look at it.

Crowfoot Hyundai seems to say that they'll call you back but they never do. The only thing I like about Crowfoot Hyundai was the fact that they honoured the warranty when I had 10KMs left on it (99990 KM). They even drove 11KMs on it as a "test drive" to make sure vehicle is up to repair specs.... and that my warranty would then be void

Old Post 05-08-2012 05:09 AM
Singulari is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Singulari Click here to Send Singulari a Private Message Visit Singulari's homepage! Find more posts by Singulari Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero102
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I've been taking my Elantra Touring to crowfoot recently, when I first bought it the first couple repairs were done at Precision. They were generally good but seemed a little clueless and on more than one occasion I had to stand around waiting while the lady at the service desk sat there talking to the other service person about her weekend and all that junk before finally deciding to help me.

Crowfoot has generally been pretty good for good-will and properly fixing things, they just don't seem to fill each other in on anything, one person tells you to bring your car back friday because that's when the parts will be in, then when I pick it up they tell me to call on friday that they won't be in, then when I call on friday they tell me the parts just showed up, then call me back to say there was an ordering mistake and my parts won't be in for a week....

Originally posted by Vagabond142
Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Old Post 05-08-2012 04:25 PM
Zero102 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Zero102 Click here to Send Zero102 a Private Message Find more posts by Zero102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
big A
Neutral

What I drive: 2011 Elantra 2004 Expedition
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

Originally posted by Robnaldo

I mention this thread, but if I had your name I could have given you a referral.

No problem, besides I don't think I was the only one here to mention his name. Thanks for the word though.

I'm glad you're happy with your car.

Old Post 05-21-2012 12:55 AM
big A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for big A Click here to Send big A a Private Message Find more posts by big A Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
7thgenvic
Third Gear

What I drive: the bandwagon!
Posts/Day: 0.64
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 89%

quote:

Not to bring up a super old thread. But I'm feeling like I really shouldn't bother going used car lot to look at a 2007 Toureg they have posted on Kijiji.

How much can you even negotiate with their used car department??

Old Post 06-02-2012 08:57 PM
7thgenvic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 7thgenvic Click here to Send 7thgenvic a Private Message Find more posts by 7thgenvic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7boi
Neutral

What I drive: (0^oo^0)~
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
Not to bring up a super old thread. But I'm feeling like I really shouldn't bother going used car lot to look at a 2007 Toureg they have posted on Kijiji.

How much can you even negotiate with their used car department??

You can negotiate based on however desperate they are.

If the meaning of what is said is ambiguous to you, you should look up some information on how to buy a car like when to buy and what to say/what not to reveal.

Used car departments are more profitable than new, you can easily get hosed if you're trading in as well. Since they lowball trade-ins, they detail and clean up cars and then resell at a much higher price, which means you'll be buying a car at a much higher price than they bought it for.

From what I read, used cars can be a pretty decent deal, but you need to know the game and how dealerships try to squeeze every penny out of you.

Old Post 06-04-2012 05:29 AM
rx7boi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7boi Click here to Send rx7boi a Private Message Find more posts by rx7boi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
7thgenvic
Third Gear

What I drive: the bandwagon!
Posts/Day: 0.64
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 89%

quote:

Originally posted by rx7boi

You can negotiate based on however desperate they are.

If the meaning of what is said is ambiguous to you, you should look up some information on how to buy a car like when to buy and what to say/what not to reveal.

Used car departments are more profitable than new, you can easily get hosed if you're trading in as well. Since they low ball trade-ins, they detail and clean up cars and then resell at a much higher price, which means you'll be buying a car at a much higher price than they bought it for.

From what I read, used cars can be a pretty decent deal, but you need to know the game and how dealerships try to squeeze every penny out of you.

Ya, I've done a fair bit of research on the car I want. I'm selling my car privately. Already when I called to talk about the VWI got the same BS I always have from Dealerships.

"NOTHING is wrong, this baby is a BEAUTY to drive." Perfect care"

The one sales guy already asked if I wanted to put down a 1000 dollar deposit to secure it before I looked at it. It's been on the lot for 3 months. I can't see it going anywhere but the auction.

Old Post 06-04-2012 11:51 PM
7thgenvic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 7thgenvic Click here to Send 7thgenvic a Private Message Find more posts by 7thgenvic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Masked Bandit
Forum Sponsor

What I drive: '02 Bandit 1200, '10 Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.60
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Bump.

Instead of starting a new thread and getting crap for not searching old threads, lets dig this one up.

We have the wife's next vehicle narrowed down to two possibilities at this time and one of them is a Sante Fe XL. I have no frame of reference on Hyundai dealerships and the info in this thread is now more than a year old. So, does anyone have additional comments with respect to sales experiences at any of the Calgary & area Hyundai dealers?

TIA.

"Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

www.touchstoneinsurance.ca

Old Post 05-22-2013 08:17 PM
Masked Bandit is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Masked Bandit Click here to Send Masked Bandit a Private Message Visit Masked Bandit's homepage! Find more posts by Masked Bandit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
corsvette
Second Gear

What I drive: 6.6 turbo
Posts/Day: 0.65
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Whats the other vehicle you're looking at? I've read those XL santa fe are heavy drinkers. This review states 15.2l/100 kms, about what my V8 Suburban gets. I'm sure Hyundai claims 30mpg though

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2013/0...test-drive.html

Old Post 05-22-2013 08:43 PM
corsvette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for corsvette Click here to Send corsvette a Private Message Find more posts by corsvette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Masked Bandit
Forum Sponsor

quote:

The other option at this point is the GM Acadia / Buick Enclave. The wife likes the looks of those but for the money, they sure are short on options. For about $10,000 less the Hyundai has WAY more features and in my opinion drives nicer.

I also had the Dodge Durango Citadel on the list and would have been my #1 pick but she doesn't care for the interior.

Last edited by Masked Bandit on 05-22-2013 at 10:24 PM

Old Post 05-22-2013 10:08 PM
Masked Bandit is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Masked Bandit Click here to Send Masked Bandit a Private Message Visit Masked Bandit's homepage! Find more posts by Masked Bandit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
relyt92
Neutral

What I drive: 13' Genesis Coupe
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Bump.

Instead of starting a new thread and getting crap for not searching old threads, lets dig this one up.

We have the wife's next vehicle narrowed down to two possibilities at this time and one of them is a Sante Fe XL. I have no frame of reference on Hyundai dealerships and the info in this thread is now more than a year old. So, does anyone have additional comments with respect to sales experiences at any of the Calgary & area Hyundai dealers?

TIA.

My family has dealt with Dusty at precision hyundai. We have all had positive experiences with him.

Old Post 05-23-2013 05:25 AM
relyt92 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for relyt92 Click here to Send relyt92 a Private Message Find more posts by relyt92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Weapon_R

What I drive: 335i
Posts/Day: 1.97
Trader Rating: (101)

quote:

Check out the recent hyundai promos. Lots of great deals right now until May 25th.

Originally posted by r3cc0s
Felon or Mistermeiner

Old Post 05-23-2013 05:27 AM
Weapon_R is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Weapon_R Click here to Send Weapon_R a Private Message Find more posts by Weapon_R Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Masked Bandit
Forum Sponsor

quote:

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Check out the recent hyundai promos. Lots of great deals right now until May 25th.

Nothing on the Sante Fe XL's. I don't think the dealers are having too much trouble moving them so no real discounts to be expected.

Old Post 05-23-2013 02:41 PM
The time now is 04:35 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: