Quantcast
Woman Blows $7K on Matchmaking Service, Only Match was Toothless, Unemployed Man... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman Blows $7K on Matchmaking Service, Only Match was Toothless, Unemployed Man...

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Default Woman Blows $7K on Matchmaking Service, Only Match was Toothless, Unemployed Man...

Pretty pathetic situation on both sides if you ask me....

An Edmonton woman is urging buyer beware after she spent thousands of dollars with a matchmaking company but only went on a single date with a gap-toothed homeless man. Val Taylor, 54, paid $7,344 for a membership with Edmonton Matchmakers at their office in Old Strathcona. A company salesperson promised to find her a match, but Taylor says her single suitor was hardly the man of her dreams.

The date was shorter than her five-foot-10 frame, not in her age group, unemployed and homeless, she said in an interview with CBC Radio's Edmonton AM. "He was partially toothless," she said. "And during our coffee, he continuously chewed and destroyed plastic utensils. It was a very surreal experience."
    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/e...aint-1.4086464

In my opinion, yes the company is clearly Shady AF and praying on lonely, desperate people which is not okay.

But the lady has to take a lot of the blame here. Instead of spending that 7 Grand on a delusional fantasy match, she could have spent that on bettering herself and spent a little time researching the plethora of online dating options and she would most likely be far ahead of where she is now.

She was lazy and wanted to take the easy way and she's paying for it.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Was nice of the company to give her the best looking guy in Edmonton

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by btimbit

HI-OOOOOOO!!
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    G37X

What a stud

Pretty obvious most of these type things are scams...not too surprising what happened. The amount of control a third party has to make two people like each other is extremely low. If you simply want to meet people and get the same result, it's free.

My Ride
    This and that.

AND /thread

I resemble that remark. There aren't many 40 to 50 year olds who have bothered to surgically replace a lost tooth or two, especially a non-visible molar. Its almost un-Canadian as a male to not have had some dental issues at some point.

http://www.greatesthockeylegends.com...rst-teeth.html

Now I'd like to know how many of those guys she would consider dateable if they did not have a hockey player salary.

"So you wanted Parmesan and got Swiss instead." Meh, its not like anyone forced you to walk through the door of the matchmaking service or to pony up big wads of bills.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by ZenOps
    I resemble that remark. There aren't many 40 to 50 year olds who have bothered to surgically replace a lost tooth or two, especially a non-visible molar. Its almost un-Canadian as a male to not have had some dental issues at some point.

Now I'd like to know how many of those guys she would consider dateable if they did not have a hockey player salary.

"So you wanted Parmesan and got Swiss instead." Meh, its not like anyone forced you to walk through the door of the matchmaking service or to pony up big wads of bills.
    Don't ever leave beyond.

Originally posted by ZenOps

That was surprisingly lucid and on point for a ZenOps post.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Seems like this is a clear cut case of whether or not the wording of the contract was followed by the company. Would have to see the whole contract, including the fine print (which she will say she did read, but in reality didn't), to see if they guarantee that all matches and arranged meeting will meet all the criteria laid out by the client. Chances are she gave them lofty targets for dates, accompanied by a helping over overselling on her part.

Online dating isn't much easier than finding someone another way. Men and women alike lie about everything from their interests to their weight. They'll crop pictures, use creative angles and filters and use ones that are months or years out of date. It's probably pretty rare to find people on an online dating website who honestly answer the questions, post good, up to date photos and don't have ridiculous double standards.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

When I was single using tinder I tried to keep my pics as honest as possible. Nothing worse about online dating apps than chatting with someone for a bit and starting to like them and then realizing right when you meet that it's not going to work cause they misrepresented themselves in some way (looks or lifestyle). Been on both sides of that. Just easier to be straight up right away.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by dj_patm
    When I was single using tinder I tried to keep my pics as honest as possible. Nothing worse about online dating apps than chatting with someone for a bit and starting to like them and then realizing right when you meet that it's not going to work cause they misrepresented themselves in some way (looks or lifestyle). Been on both sides of that. Just easier to be straight up right away.
    The ones I found interesting were the ones where there was a current headshot, usually with some odd angle. Then the other photos would all be older, sometimes by up to two years.

Pro tip: If you're going to do this, don't put the date taken in the photo caption.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:31 PM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Just wondering what the reaction would be if the tables were turned and it was a fat, bald guy (because she's no prize) complaining that he spent $7k and was matched with a short, overweight woman with bad teeth and lives in a trailer park. Pretty sure he would be raked over the coals publicly for shaming this woman

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Anybody feel bad for the guy who got matched up with a superficial woman that thought he was so ugly that she complained about him to the media?

Poor guy was on hard times and probably was pretty excited to maybe meet somebody who would see him for him
    No, because men don't have feelings and are not allowed to be unemployed without risking being ostracized by society.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by heavyD
    Just wondering what the reaction would be if the tables were turned and it was a fat, bald guy (because she's no prize) complaining that he spent $7k and was matched with a short, overweight woman with bad teeth and lives in a trailer park. Pretty sure he would be raked over the coals publicly for shaming this woman
    It's a complete double standard. In fact, it wouldn't have made it past the editors desk.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Anybody feel bad for the guy who got matched up with a superficial woman that thought he was so ugly that she complained about him to the media?

Poor guy was on hard times and probably was pretty excited to maybe meet somebody who would see him for him
    Why should someone feel bad though? Everyone has a list of things they want in a propsective partner with varying priorities.

Her expectations were what? She didn't want to financially support someone, she wanted someone attractive (relatively), someone employed, someone close to her age.

Instead, she got someone who lives in a camper, has no job, presumably looks homeless, and chews on plastic utensils during social interactions. Yet, you still imply that she's somehow obligated to jump on the grenade and take one for the team.

Not only that, you're choosing to focus on the fact that she had an opinion on his physical appearance and as such she is superficial.

Do you guys even hear yourself? Haha

PS: Post of the month goes to btimbit

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

They probably found him at the bus station and paid him $20 to go.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast