Quantcast
Recession car deals - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Recession car deals

My Ride
    K-car

Market is super strong down south. I've sent several trucks down to Washington (lots of family down there) Good example- 2008 F-350 crew lariat 6.4 Diesel with 218,000 km, that might get 18-19k here. It sold in US for $22,500, took two weeks from crossing to sale, not a bad return.

The others were a 2012 Titan (what an awful truck btw) and a 2009 Silverado. The Titan still sits, but the Chevy pulled awesome numbers. There are guys sending three truckloads a week down. They're going to eventually flood the close (to Canada) markets like they've always done, sending prices down. But its fun to play while its good!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    The catch is a wheeled anything is a depreciating asset.
    Not all vehicles

http://m.kijiji.ca/cars-trucks/calga...=1441476524905

He's calling it a fire sale but not according to vmr.. Plus it's not an M package... But these would be number one target for recession deals..

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by Canucks3322

He's calling it a fire sale but not according to vmr.. Plus it's not an M package... But these would be number one target for recession deals..
    That looks like an M-Sport to me. It does seem like a decent price. Makes me wonder if I throw my 128 up for sale if It's going to demand a seriously low price to sell, even though it's 3 years newer and only 26k.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by Skrilla
    I know my truck went to the states. Sold in 8 hours for list price
    Had 4 buyers on it all from the US. Haven't seen too many smoking deals on cars, but damn I'm tempted to pick up some new toys. There's tons of quads and side x sides going for stupid low money right now.
    Originally posted by corsvette
    Market is super strong down south. I've sent several trucks down to Washington (lots of family down there) Good example- 2008 F-350 crew lariat 6.4 Diesel with 218,000 km, that might get 18-19k here. It sold in US for $22,500, took two weeks from crossing to sale, not a bad return.

The others were a 2012 Titan (what an awful truck btw) and a 2009 Silverado. The Titan still sits, but the Chevy pulled awesome numbers. There are guys sending three truckloads a week down. They're going to eventually flood the close (to Canada) markets like they've always done, sending prices down. But its fun to play while its good!
    How are you guys finding US buyers? Are they watching Kijiji too, or do you have to know a guy down there?
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

That's on the beyond marketplace too and it is an M-Sport package lol

My Ride
    G37X

Not according to VMR, but if you compare it to any other 1 series locally it's a great price.

Damn wrote that half awake... Ya its a great price compared to others on kj my apologies to the fellow beyonder, id buy it in a heart beat since I've had my eye on that's for awhile now and this one is silver on black too but I don't want to get raped on selling my slow ass 328... How much stock do you guys out in vmr? Is it better to just go by what others are selling at?
    Last edited by Canucks3322; 09-05-2015 at 02:46 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

Damn wrote that half awake... Ya its a great price compared to others on kj my apologies to the fellow beyonder, id buy it in a heart beat since I've had my eye on that's for awhile now and this one is silver on black too but I don't want to get raped on selling my slow ass 328... How much stock do you guys out in vmr? Is it better to just go by what others are selling at?
    I find VMR is either really close to what people are selling at locally, or they're so far off it's not even funny. Just cause they say a car is worth 25k doesn't mean much if the local ads are for 20k.

Originally posted by SKR

How are you guys finding US buyers? Are they watching Kijiji too, or do you have to know a guy down there?
    Posted it on kijiji locally in Medicine hat and calgary. Had 4 guys on it within hours. Nothing out of the norm.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

My neighbor just sold his 2011 Titan to someone in Montana. Had it listed on Kijiji Edmonton for 4 weeks with virtually no interest and then listed on Kijiji Lethbridge and sold within a week. He had to make a trip down, but was worth it.

I remember last hit AB took in 09 I was waiting for some deals and they never really showed up. I assume the same thing this time. A few deals, but nothing crazy.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    My personal deal was grabbing a 2005 TRD 6 Spd double cab Tacoma with only 129k km on it and a full service history with extras for $11500. I thought it was a fair price for the market.

Wow!

As for the C63 that started this discussion, I was bouncing around the idea of buying one and found some great deals in the mid-high 20's range.

I don't know if lower mileage really means anything to me with a C63, as the headbolts (if its not a newer one) are an unknown timebomb no matter what.

I hope oil stays low through next spring/into summer. Get into the condo and then get into a cheap nice car (in my dreams)

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I don't know if lower mileage really means anything to me with a C63, as the headbolts (if its not a newer one) are an unknown timebomb no matter what.
    Which years have this problem?

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Manhattan

Which years have this problem?
    It was resolved in mid-2010 production. Anything MY 2011 and up (and late 2010) are safe and have revised headbolts.

Also, from what I've seen, any C63 that's in the high $20k range is beat to shit. I wouldn't touch one with a 10' pole. I saw one ad where the door handle was broken, so to open the drivers door the solution was to roll down the window and open from the outside

My Ride

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Is it just me or do Porsche coupe and convertibles practically not depreciate?

This was the only reasonable find for a Porsche.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ded/1096456518
    Yeah, those cars hold their value pretty well. That's actually a REALLY good price for one... as long as he's had the IMS issue dealt with. Otherwise, not so much.

My Ride
    Exploded.

That C63 is a good deal IMO.

A Boxster depreciates hard haha. Cayman is different.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Im dreaming here but I really wish Lotus Elises would start dropping in value and becoming more readily available

My Ride

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    Im dreaming here but I really wish Lotus Elises would start dropping in value and becoming more readily available

Was looking pretty hard for an Elise or Exige for quite a while, finally gave up and settled for the Cayman. In hindsight, I think it was the right decision, but still...

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by klumsy_tumbler

Was looking pretty hard for an Elise or Exige for quite a while, finally gave up and settled for the Cayman. In hindsight, I think it was the right decision, but still...
    I think the Boxster/Cayman is just a little too soft and heavy for me at this point. I can see myself owning an Elise until my dad sells his car to me when he can't drive anymore.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by cjblair
    It was resolved in mid-2010 production. Anything MY 2011 and up (and late 2010) are safe and have revised headbolts.
    There's a second issue that hasn't been resolved, up to and including the last 6.2L V8 that's rolling off the assembly lines.

http://wot.motortrend.com/mercedes-b...ne-120297.html

I thought it'd be a rare event, but it happened to a friend of mine at fairly low kms and luckily under warranty. MB fixed the issue, but only for the SLS motor. When it breaks, and not caught early enough, it can be catostrophic (valve drop into cylinders).

The fix is to use SLS lifters, which if it happens under warranty, MB repairs it using SLS lifters.

Even tho it's like the headbolt issue in that it only happens to a small % of cars, it's one of the reasons I sold my BS as the warranty was about to expire. If it happened to my car and I got the updated lifters, I probably would've kept it. Scared of the ticking timebomb as I would've likely kept the car for a long time.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast