Quantcast
RECOVERED: 1990 Chevy Shortbox Stepside Black - BPZ7979 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RECOVERED: 1990 Chevy Shortbox Stepside Black - BPZ7979

Originally posted by J-hop
    Not likely to work but doesn't hurt I guess. Posted a wanted ad

Looking to buy 88-98 gmc/chev stepside on Kijiji http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...utm_source=sms

I know nothing about those trucks, all correct? Ie year range etc?
    Hey man, thanks for making that I really do appreciate it.

Please do let me know if you get any bites!

Originally posted by Dalking
    Hey man, thanks for making that I really do appreciate it.

Please do let me know if you get any bites!
    For sure, I'll make a new ad every so often to keep it near the top. Only had one guy repond and send pics so far but it was a guy asking if I would be interested in his 04' step side.

Hey guys. Just wanted to share, that I recovered my truck today. Pick n Pull on 52st purchased it as scrap. Going through the whole police/media/law process right now, but she's safe and sound in my garage.

Funny enough, it still had my license plate on it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/xSpdN

What had happened was - I drove by pick n pull after getting supplies for my biz, and saw the back end of my truck in the front parking lot. So I pulled in and got a closer look, sure enough it's my truck.

I have the owners/management of pick n pull saying to me it was okay to buy a vehicle without proof of ownership/vin checks.

It had also been booked/processed and was getting ready to go into the yard for parts tomorrow morning.

Had I not driven by and seen it, I would have lost it forever!!

Sure glad you got it back, what a fluke to find it the way you did. If you can, post up information on whom PnP may have purchased it from.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Holy crap! Glad to hear you got it back. How bad was the damage?

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Holy crap! Glad to hear you got it back. How bad was the damage?
    Brake drums are completely missing. Both doors dented one door gouged open from the theft. Ignition column smashed, all the stereo is gone, the battery is missing, wheels are gone, some denting/damage underneath from the front end loader/tow truck.

A 'cash for cars' tow truck outfit bought it from someone in abbeydale, 5 minutes away from me. And then came and sold it to pick n pull.
    Last edited by Dalking; 03-23-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Originally posted by speedog
    Sure glad you got it back, what a fluke to find it the way you did. If you can, post up information on whom PnP may have purchased it from.
    I'll have a write up / video about it all tomorrow. I've been dealing with this since 4pm and I'm a little tired out lol. Need to unwind for a bit and process it all

My Ride
    '05 Saabaru 9-2X

Good to know that you apparently don't need any proof of ownership to sell a car to the wreckers. Wow, that is super sketchy!

Glad you got the truck back even if it is beat up. I hope the cops are following up on this.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Just saw on Reddit, so fucked man Glad you have it back, though. Are you basically going to work on fixing everything now?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Was the truck insured with theft coverage back in December? If so, I'm curious what happens in situations like this when the truck is found, but damaged. Assuming there was a payout for the truck being stolen in the first place.

Nice to see the truck recovered though, and hope they can trace the paperwork and track the fucker.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 03-23-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Damn that's so sketch... Wonder how many other cars have been stolen and then chopped at pick&pull. No way this is the first time or a an exception to the norm.

The fact they were trying to prevent you from saving your truck is also all sorts of sketch. What was the plan there? Wreck it before the cops showed up?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by mazdavirgin
    The fact they were trying to prevent you from saving your truck is also all sorts of sketch. What was the plan there? Wreck it before the cops showed up?
    I think you misinterpreted something somewhere. I got the impression it was ready to be put out as a donor car, not destroyed to hide evidence.

Probably not that insiduous.

They paid for something. Don't want that money being forfeited. I sincerely doubt that they purposely go after stolen vehicles, but, they probably don't ask many questions.

Wage workers just trying to do their job.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

I think you misinterpreted something somewhere. I got the impression it was ready to be put out as a donor car, not destroyed to hide evidence.
    I find it weird he had to prevent them from taking the truck when he had clearly stated to them that it was stolen and that the cops were on their way... What was the plan on their part?

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

I find it weird he had to prevent them from taking the truck when he had clearly stated to them that it was stolen and that the cops were on their way... What was the plan on their part?
    anybody could walk up and claim its theirs...
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Where does it say that in his posts?

It's kinda crazy when you think pnp is so close to being a chop shop. I am so damn surprised it isn't standard procedure to run the plate or vin through CPIC. It is free to do for effs sake.......

OP so glad you got your truck back. Funny by putting up that fake ad and seeing some of the pictures people sent me I really want one now haha.

I'm happy you got your truck back, that is a crazy story!!!

Please post updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Where does it say that in his posts?

evolize[S] 27 points 5 hours ago

It's unbelievable honestly. I couldn't have made this stuff up if I tried. I'm just glad I live streamed most of it on to facebook, it might come in handy when I start opening up my pursuit of justice

[–]evolize[S] 33 points 5 hours ago

It took the cops an hour to get there, it was 2 minutes out of forest lawn. I was on the phone with 911 while the loader operator was trying to pick up my truck, standing on the forks of it to prevent him from taking my truck from me, while yelling at the workers and it took 25 minutes from that time for a cop to come.

Was kind of crappy

[–]evolize[S] 22 points 5 hours ago

Yeah I tried to video record as much as I could. I have a video of my yelling match with the old woman that told me it was okay to buy vehicles without a proper proof of ownership / vin checks. I'm going to have to enhance the audio levels on that and possibly sub title it and bleep out my f bombs :P
    This is my story I have posted on facebook. If it wasn't for me driving by at that exact moment, I'd have never seen my truck again. Coincidence has it, that I was picking up packing materials to ship my stores product out. On the way home, I drove past Pick N Pull on 52st se. I looked in the parking lot as I was driving by, and spotted a black chevy truck with a teal green sticker on the tailgate, looked awfully familiar. I locked up the brakes, pulled into an adjascent parking lot and booked it over there and looked at the truck. Yep, it was my 1990 GMC Sierra Shortbox Stepside that had been stolen from me December 1st, last year. Almost 4 months missing. I yelled at the people in the parking lot (The workers) "Hey! That's my stolen truck, oh my god that's my truck!". That was met with "No it isn't, it's our truck we just bought it." Well, according to the management/owners of Calgary Pick n Pull at 2704 52st SE - They are not required by law to have any proof of ownership of the vehicle, nor are they required to perform a VIN check on the said vehicle they are buying. As I was waiting for the police, they rushed one of the yard workers to pick the truck up with a giant forklift loader. He got the forks nearly under my truck, so I stood in front of it and didn't move. I knew he wasn't going to pick the truck up with me on it. They were trying to move it to the back of the yard as it was "their truck" and they didn't want to deal with the situation, they wanted to lock up and go home, and look at the problem tomorrow. Well, I didn't move. I made them wait. They tried to get the truck but I wouldn't move off the loader. Eventually they gave up. So, the cops came and told me after some time, that I was able to arrange towing for my truck. In the meantime some people came to hang out incase I needed any help, and my awesome sister used her AMA membership on me for the 4th time, and 2nd time with this truck to get it home. LOL. So what's funny is that it was brought into PnP on one of those Scrap Car Tow Truck companies - he bought it from someone in abbeydale. This was also the third stolen car he had purchased and dropped off to Pick n Pull, and from what I hear, multiple vehicles that were stolen have made it into the yard for parts. (Cannot confirm, this is just what I hear). PnP had also marked, logged and begun prepping my truck to be put into the parts yard. All that was left was to take out the gas tank/rear diff/oils etc. My truck has all the yellow crayon logging identifyers on it. So, for them to say they were going to check the VIN number is completely assanine, they would have had that completed before the vehicle was dropped off of the tow truck or before they logged it into the books for the yard inventory (I used to do this at bucks auto, im familiar with the process. We used to vin check everything there). I am sorry for the long read here, all in all nearly 4 months later I got my stolen truck back. It's missing wheels, the brakes are all done, the engine has no fluids in it, the wheels are gone, the inside was completely tore out of any electronics, the door needs to be replaced, and the steering column is smashed to bits. But at least I have my truck back.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/xSpdN#apAsTj7

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

https://imgur.com/gallery/xSpdN#apAsTj7
    There wasn't any text when I clicked on the link last night though, just pics but holy fuck that's crazy!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast