Quantcast
are men pussies nowadays compared to yesteryear? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: are men pussies nowadays compared to yesteryear?

Default are men pussies nowadays compared to yesteryear?

what do you guys think?

we live in an age where no ones had to "pay their dues". no war, no great depression, an amazing boom never seen before, iphones, blackberries, kids driving at 16 years old without working a day in their life, etc.

for me personally, i think we as men probably are. we are incredibly fortunate to live in the type of society we do today.

no war?
    no depression?
    no ones had to pay their dues?
    amazing boom?

LOL

What planet are you on?

You look at technology as making "men" pussies, but I would submit that technology frees us as a species.
    It creates a more efficient man, not a pussy.
    Last edited by TurboD; 10-25-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Originally posted by TurboD
    no war?
    no depression?
    no ones had to pay their dues?
    amazing boom?

LOL

What planet are you on?
    no WORLD WAR, no CONSCRIPTION that type of thing.
    we've had NO DEPRESSION, a couple mild recessions however.
    amazing boom??? do you have an education? take a macro economics class.

and no one has payed their damn dues. listen to the stories of your father and mother/and grandparents. most of them were providing for there family at 14 yrs old....had a single income from father only, stuff like that.

FFS, you think the younger crowd had as much purchasing power with goods and services 40 years ago? come off it bro.

Originally posted by deaftone
    why is it a facepalm ricer boy?

Originally posted by hattonlynch

we've had NO DEPRESSION, a couple mild recessions however.
    http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/09/news...jobs_december/

The USA lost 2.6 million jobs

"highest level in more than six decades"

LOL @ MILD RECESSION

tell that to those 2.6 million people.

"2008 was the worst year for layoffs and job losses in the United States since World War II and 2009 is expected to be even more devastating."

now let me find the Canadian numbers

LOL @ MILD RECESSION

but there's been no depression as i stated. 25% unemployment would be baaaaaaad.

Jesus man, how blind can you be?

"bring on the depression, then we can all be real men"

- hattonlynch
    Last edited by TurboD; 10-25-2009 at 12:25 PM.

My Ride
    an econo box

I think it's true. Man where do I start?

Really, for the last 50 years or so there hasn't been any true hardship to deal with in North America. That being said however, I have noticed that people around the age of 20 or so today to be the biggest pussies (moreso than those around the age of 30) because they've never lived in a bust time yet. They think 16 year olds getting brand new cars is normal. When I was 16 people would have been happy to have any shitbox car, and maybe 1 in 4 of us had one.

It seems most "men" nowadays are still dependant on mommy and daddy in some form. If you want to see a generation completely collapse take away the baby boomers money and financial clout (ie: no more co-signing).

That, plus the whole politically correct crap that's been shoved down our throats making us afraid even just to stand up for ourselves for fear of being labeled a chauvinist.

This boom has been shitty for me in a way because I grew up in a low-income single parent home. My mother cannot co-sign, nor can she give me the downpayment for my first home etc. I literally had to bust my balls and work two jobs to save up for a measley apartment condo. Meanwhile others around my age are buying brand new homes with granite and hardwood, all drive new cars, thanks to mommy and daddy's money/co-signing. I know it shouldn't bother me, especially considering most of them are leveraged up to the eyeballs in debt. But still, in this society image is everything right?

So yes, "men" nowadays are pussies.

/rant

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

Originally posted by hattonlynch

but there's been no depression as i stated. 25% unemployment would be baaaaaaad.
    do you consider yourself a pussie?
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

Y'all have iphones or blackberries? Really? My last phone was a simple Nokia brick - didn't need or want the smartphone stuff. But ppl now a days figure that they need all that instant contact - as an example, we had a 20 year old girl who used to work for us who said her next cell phone had to be a smartphone with full internet capabilities. Why is beyond me - I own my own busniess (with my wife) and still haven't seen the need for a smartphone. Priorities I guess.

Kids driving at 16 without working a day in their life - not in my family. While my oldest has been driving since 16, he also was working a couple of years before that and currently holds down 3 part time jobs as well as being in grade 12 and on the high school football and wrestliong teams. Next one coming up (grade 10) already following in brother's footsteps. Kids and yourself are what you make of them/yourself - you can choose to give your kids (and yourself) all the toys in the world without expecting them how to earn such things or you can actually teach them about life and how to be independant and respectful of others and also of what they have.

Doesn't take a war or depression to teach responsibility or respect or what the value of a dollar is. Takes good parenting and after getting out from the nest, continuing to practice those learned ideals as a decent adult human being.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    an econo box

LOL @ MILD RECESSION

"2008 was the worst year for layoffs and job losses in the United States since World War II and 2009 is expected to be even more devastating."

now let me find the Canadian numbers
    We are still less than 10% unemployment, depression was 25% unemployment.

If you honestly think this recession is painful, I really hope you never have to experience what went down back then, hell even back in the 80's and 90's. How does a 21% interest rate on your mortgage sound? And you could forget about qualifying for a brand new car.
    Last edited by KrisYYC; 10-25-2009 at 12:30 PM.

^ you are assuming this recession is over when in fact it is getting worse.

The idea of a real man is a myth.
    All the more power to you if you believe it, that way you can be a slave to society your entire life and I can hopefully capitalize on your ignorance.

I'm glad there are so many canadians and americans that consider the army being a real man, so that I don't have to risk my life for some bullshit political power struggle.
    Last edited by TurboD; 10-25-2009 at 12:30 PM.

BTW, my eldest (17 year old) drives our vehicles - he really wanted his own but once he started looking at the costs of owning/operating/maintaining his vehicle, he decided to put that money away in his college fund. Now he has enough put away for 3 years and is working on year number 4. He still puts gas in our vehicles, washes and cleans them and helps maintain them. Pussy, he is not nor will he be.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    an econo box

^ you are assuming this recession is over when in fact it is getting worse.

The idea of a real man is a myth.
    All the more power to you if you believe it, that way you can be a slave to society your entire life and I can hopefully capitalize on your ignorance.

I'm glad there are so many canadians and americans that consider the army being a real man, so that I don't have to risk my life for some bullshit political power struggle.
    I didn't assume it was over, but I what I do see is people whining about like it was damn near the apocolypse when really it isn't THAT bad (yet). I agree it could get much worse, especially in the US.

The idea of a real man is a myth? Well, I do agree with you somewhat there. I always thought a real man is somebody who does whatever it takes to provide for his family. Not really a myth.

Slave to society eh? What are you? Do you have a job? Do you pay bills? How exactly am I ignorant, and how would you capitalize on it?

Please tell me you're not some 20 year old who thinks he's going to be the next Donald Trump.

Originally posted by rizfarmer

do you consider yourself a pussie?
    C'mon hattonlynch, man up and answer the Q.

My Ride
    an econo box

Originally posted by speedog
    Y'all have iphones or blackberries? Really? My last phone was a simple Nokia brick - didn't need or want the smartphone stuff. But ppl now a days figure that they need all that instant contact - as an example, we had a 20 year old girl who used to work for us who said her next cell phone had to be a smartphone with full internet capabilities. Why is beyond me - I own my own busniess (with my wife) and still haven't seen the need for a smartphone. Priorities I guess.

Kids driving at 16 without working a day in their life - not in my family. While my oldest has been driving since 16, he also was working a couple of years before that and currently holds down 3 part time jobs as well as being in grade 12 and on the high school football and wrestliong teams. Next one coming up (grade 10) already following in brother's footsteps. Kids and yourself are what you make of them/yourself - you can choose to give your kids (and yourself) all the toys in the world without expecting them how to earn such things or you can actually teach them about life and how to be independant and respectful of others and also of what they have.

Doesn't take a war or depression to teach responsibility or respect or what the value of a dollar is. Takes good parenting and after getting out from the nest, continuing to practice those learned ideals as a decent adult human being.
    Very true, good post.

Obviously not every parent is spoiling their kids, but you gotta admit...it's a lot more common in the last 10 years or so than before.

My Ride
    EM1

Originally posted by KrisYYC
    I think it's true. Man where do I start?

Really, for the last 50 years or so there hasn't been any true hardship to deal with in North America. That being said however, I have noticed that people around the age of 20 or so today to be the biggest pussies (moreso than those around the age of 30) because they've never lived in a bust time yet. They think 16 year olds getting brand new cars is normal. When I was 16 people would have been happy to have any shitbox car, and maybe 1 in 4 of us had one.

It seems most "men" nowadays are still dependant on mommy and daddy in some form. If you want to see a generation completely collapse take away the baby boomers money and financial clout (ie: no more co-signing).

That, plus the whole politically correct crap that's been shoved down our throats making us afraid even just to stand up for ourselves for fear of being labeled a chauvinist.

This boom has been shitty for me in a way because I grew up in a low-income single parent home. My mother cannot co-sign, nor can she give me the downpayment for my first home etc. I literally had to bust my balls and work two jobs to save up for a measley apartment condo. Meanwhile others around my age are buying brand new homes with granite and hardwood, all drive new cars, thanks to mommy and daddy's money/co-signing. I know it shouldn't bother me, especially considering most of them are leveraged up to the eyeballs in debt. But still, in this society image is everything right?

So yes, "men" nowadays are pussies.

/rant
    I'll take it one further, and say that it is how this generation (Y) was raised. Our Grandparents saw war, depression and all that firsthand, and (most of them) raised our parents to obey, work hard, and have RESPECT. Unfortunately, a ton of parents today decided to the opposite with their children. They gave the kids everything, instilled zero work ethic in them, taught them nothing about manners, respect, and working in the community. All they care about it possessions and money (without having to bust their ass for it, mind you.) They contribute nothing to society.

If anyone thought Gen. X was a lazy group of people, wait until Gen. Y reaches 30

Guys wear tight pants and carry purses nowadays.. nough said.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast