Quantcast
My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Default My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman

Caught wind of this early on and for the most part, it's been an interesting series.

Most of them have been pretty decent -- I've watched up to and including the Jay-Z interview. Obama was good overall as he's a witty guy, Clooney was interesting since I knew nothing about him specifically or his wife, Malala episode was alright (she is incredible nonetheless), Jay-Z episode was awkward as balls for the most part as Dave had absolutely nothing to relate to, but was really illuminating about Jay-Z's teens and start of his career.

Have you guys watched any episodes?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I watched the Obama and Jay-Z one, thought it was OK. Letterman is just average as an interviewer, I found myself bored sometimes.

I'll still watch it though, as I'm interested to see what kind of guests he gets.

I haven't really seen Bill Gates on TV too much lately, wouldn't mind seeing him as a guest. Or maybe Elon Musk.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Yeah I watched them all. The Malala one was okay and yeah, I think the Jay-Z one was pretty awkward too. I just finished the Tina Fey one and that's the one I was waiting to be released cause, well, Tina Fey is pretty much my ideal woman

My Ride
    Bicycle

1st 2 episode ain't back. Jay-Z and Malala was awkward as neither get Dave's weird sense of humor.

Looking forward to Tina Fey episode.

My Ride
    2016 Civic / 2016 KTM 1290 SuperDuke GT

I have watched all but Tina Fey. Obama was excellent because you get much more a sense of him as a person. Hard not to have respect for him.

I thought the Jay Z one was amazing. For me the simple fact that they are so different is what made it. It showed just what a thoughtful, engaging and adaptable person Jay Z is. Dave has that awkward humor and awkward pacing to his conversations, but Jay Z always looked comfortable to me. Relaxed and so easily able to converse. So many subtle little things he says that give away just how sharp he really is. In case people didn't know LOL.

My Ride
    V8s

I watched Obama (enjoyed it), but only got partway through the clooney one... didn't do it for me at all. Stopped watching after that. Now that I know Jay-Z was on there though, I'll give that ep a shot. Big fan of Jay-Z.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

@Rowdy I definitely agree that Jay-Z is a sharp guy. It's just a shame that the interview wasn't as strong as it could have been because I would have liked to hear more about his background and life in general. The convo just didn't flow well and that is because of David, imo.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    LNF

Wife and I have been watching them. I enjoyed the Obama one but I found the Jay Z one to be painful because it was so awkward. The Tina Fey one was okay.

I agree with the other replies, not a big fan of letterman. He asks very surface questions and does not dig deep and he also cuts people off continuously to talk about his own experiences. There is entertainment in the show but i think it could be better.

I've always been a huge fan of Letterman and I've watched 3 episodes so far and I think its great show so far.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I have been all about this Netflix Series...

Especially the Jay one...(see avatar haha)...The Clooney one I enjoyed too...Man Crush reasons haha...but I am enjoying it...Dave has never been a great interviewer I don't feel any of the "Late Night" people actually are...but still enjoyable and entertaining for me nonetheless...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Watched the Tina Fey episode and was pretty good - Fey is one witty lady.
    Ultracrepidarian