Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > VW's Cheated EPA test Automaker faces $18B in fines.

Author
Thread
Redlyne_mr2
Chatroom Manwhore

What I drive: 400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans
Posts/Day: 2.06
Trader Rating: (26)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Amongst all the new TDIs that I have in stock there is a tungsten silver highline manual wagon tdi calling my name, I wonder if I can register it as a kit car lol.

Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-21-2016 06:18 PM
Redlyne_mr2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redlyne_mr2 Click here to Send Redlyne_mr2 a Private Message Find more posts by Redlyne_mr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.98
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Originally posted by Darell_n
I like the idea of parting out every removable piece and driving the shell of a car back to the dealer. Got to make some money on the deal somehow. It only needs to be 'operatable and running under it's own power' to get there.

http://jalopnik.com/volkswagen-refu...-rig-1790345158

Old Post 12-21-2016 06:41 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtsniffer
Second Gear

What I drive: Silverado
Posts/Day: 0.64
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 92%

quote:

why would they post that story before the appointment?! obviously the element of surprise was important in making that work.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.

Originally posted by Mar
This cannot be for real, nobody's that stupid. I think this guy is just trying to cause shit.

Old Post 12-21-2016 07:05 PM
dirtsniffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtsniffer Click here to Send dirtsniffer a Private Message Find more posts by dirtsniffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ianmcc
First Gear

What I drive: 94 SN95, 00 V6 Focus
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Sounds like FCA is now under scrutiny for eight pieces of emission control devices/software that produced increased NOx emissions under normal driving conditions. Models in question are 2014-16 Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Ram 1500 trucks.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...ating-software/

So how far does the rabbit hole go?

Same applies to stupid.

Old Post 01-14-2017 09:05 PM
ianmcc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ianmcc Click here to Send ianmcc a Private Message Find more posts by ianmcc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darell_n
First Gear

What I drive: '14 Dodge Crew Cab, '08 WRX
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by ianmcc
Sounds like FCA is now under scrutiny for eight pieces of emission control devices/software that produced increased NOx emissions under normal driving conditions. Models in question are 2014-16 Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Ram 1500 trucks.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...ating-software/

So how far does the rabbit hole go?

They are under scrutiny for bad paperwork. The EPA is actually fine with all the emission controls themselves, they just were not disclosed properly.

Old Post 01-14-2017 09:45 PM
Darell_n is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darell_n Click here to Send Darell_n a Private Message Visit Darell_n's homepage! Find more posts by Darell_n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redlyne_mr2
Chatroom Manwhore

quote:

They are under scrutiny for bad paperwork. The EPA is actually fine with all the emission controls themselves, they just were not disclosed properly.

Ya VW tried that excuse as well already, it didn't work lol.

Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles

Red Deer, AB

Old Post 01-14-2017 11:25 PM
Redlyne_mr2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redlyne_mr2 Click here to Send Redlyne_mr2 a Private Message Find more posts by Redlyne_mr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darell_n
First Gear

What I drive: '14 Dodge Crew Cab, '08 WRX
Posts/Day: 0.33
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Ya VW tried that excuse as well already, it didn't work lol.

EPA was not fine with VW's emission controls which specifically worked to cheat the tests and were not mechanical protection software used by FCA and every other modern diesel engine in North America. There is major difference between the two.

Old Post 01-15-2017 12:49 AM
Darell_n is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darell_n Click here to Send Darell_n a Private Message Visit Darell_n's homepage! Find more posts by Darell_n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

http://business.financialpost.com/n...d-states-report

VW Executive arrested on way back from Cuba vacation with connecting flights in Florida.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/13/seni...-us-report.html

VW now advises their executives not to travel to US or any countries where there is extradition agreement with US.

Old Post 01-15-2017 01:48 AM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redlyne_mr2
Chatroom Manwhore

quote:

EPA was not fine with VW's emission controls which specifically worked to cheat the tests and were not mechanical protection software used by FCA and every other modern diesel engine in North America. There is major difference between the two.

On the 2L tdi yes, on the 3L tdi no.

Red Deer, AB

Old Post 01-18-2017 02:24 AM
elmo909

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.00

quote:

Amongst all the new TDIs that I have in stock there is a tungsten silver highline manual wagon tdi calling my name, I wonder if I can register it as a kit car lol.

The EPA approved Part 1 of the Gen 3 fix this month so probably won't be long until you can sell the remaining inventory

I have one of these 2015 2L TDIs... Buyback values looks awfully tempting.

Last edited by elmo909 on 01-19-2017 at 02:35 AM

Old Post 01-19-2017 02:32 AM
elmo909 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elmo909 Click here to Send elmo909 a Private Message Find more posts by elmo909 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RickDaTuner
Third Gear

What I drive: 05 GDB V.8 / 2014 TACO / SW20/ R1
Posts/Day: 0.60
Trader Rating: (29)

quote:

I just want to know how I can get my hands on a cheap Cayenne Diesel, I imagine the price on them have gone up considering the buy back values. I haven't really looked though.

Old Post 01-19-2017 02:48 AM
RickDaTuner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RickDaTuner Click here to Send RickDaTuner a Private Message Find more posts by RickDaTuner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redlyne_mr2
Chatroom Manwhore

quote:

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
I just want to know how I can get my hands on a cheap Cayenne Diesel, I imagine the price on them have gone up considering the buy back values. I haven't really looked though.

super hard to find, I scour kijiji looking for tdi touaregs, we had one come in, lasted 15 hours and was sold.

Red Deer, AB

Old Post 01-26-2017 02:05 AM
403ep3
Second Gear

What I drive: TDi
Posts/Day: 0.41
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I've barely driven my TDI for the past couple months now and don't need to service it for another 7000kms. I have $300 left on my CC that I need to use by month end. Should I just use it to buy a bunch of oil and filters?

Old Post 01-30-2017 04:05 PM
403ep3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 403ep3 Click here to Send 403ep3 a Private Message Find more posts by 403ep3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FullFledgedYYC
Uptight User

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22

quote:

Originally posted by 403ep3
I've barely driven my TDI for the past couple months now and don't need to service it for another 7000kms. I have $300 left on my CC that I need to use by month end. Should I just use it to buy a bunch of oil and filters?

Wiper blades, air filters, any other consumables really would make sense. Things you know you will use.

Old Post 01-30-2017 07:21 PM
FullFledgedYYC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FullFledgedYYC Click here to Send FullFledgedYYC a Private Message Find more posts by FullFledgedYYC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RickDaTuner
Third Gear

quote:

super hard to find, I scour kijiji looking for tdi touaregs, we had one come in, lasted 15 hours and was sold.

Those TDi V 10s are unicorns! I'd love to own one, but would hate to have it break down on me, almost all major services are an engine out deal.
I'm decently happy with my V8 gasser

Old Post 01-30-2017 07:27 PM
RickDaTuner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RickDaTuner Click here to Send RickDaTuner a Private Message Find more posts by RickDaTuner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redlyne_mr2
Chatroom Manwhore

quote:

Originally posted by 403ep3

Will they allow you to use it for tint? remote starter?

Red Deer, AB

Old Post 02-02-2017 09:28 AM
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by RickDaTuner

Those TDi V 10s are unicorns! I'd love to own one, but would hate to have it break down on me, almost all major services are an engine out deal.
I'm decently happy with my V8 gasser

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...wners-announced

Sounds like all 3L TDI will be unicorns soon. VW announced buy back program for 2009-2012 3.0 TDI models. 2012+ will be neutered I assume.

Old Post 02-02-2017 03:33 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
403ep3
Second Gear

What I drive: TDi
Posts/Day: 0.41
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I ended up buying 22L of oil and 2 jugs of blu

I went this route as I think I will be selling the car back to VW. Hoping to get at least $25k+ for a 2015 TDI Highline w/ 31k Kms

Think I'm way off?

Old Post 02-02-2017 05:03 PM
403ep3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 403ep3 Click here to Send 403ep3 a Private Message Find more posts by 403ep3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RickDaTuner
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...wners-announced

Sounds like all 3L TDI will be unicorns soon. VW announced buy back program for 2009-2012 3.0 TDI models. 2012+ will be neutered I assume.

Super silly in my eyes, those TDIs were known for their 26mpg+ efficiency..

Old Post 02-02-2017 05:33 PM
The time now is 05:58 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > VW's Cheated EPA test Automaker faces $18B in fines.

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: