Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > $50 oil, now what?


Author
Thread
Gestalt
Newbie

Location: Calgary
What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%


quote:

Originally posted by 88CRX


Those ‘laned homes’ are the new starter home.

AND there are two homes on there for $360k, how is that “450-500k” like you keep mentioning.

Did you even read my post?



Do 1000 foot homes exist? People buy the most house they can afford. I would say $350 to $500k is a starter home.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-16-2017 10:43 PM
Gestalt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gestalt Click here to Send Gestalt a Private Message Find more posts by Gestalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
 
JRSC00LUDE
Third Gear

Location: SK
What I drive: S/C '00 Prelude '15 Tacoma '06 Vstar 1100
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 112%


quote:

Where'd all this starter home talk originate? All I said is there are $300/ft homes all over, it's not some magical fucking unicorn that someone would need to see to believe.

__________________

Originally posted by SJW
Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.


Originally posted by snowcat
Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-16-2017 10:48 PM
JRSC00LUDE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JRSC00LUDE Click here to Send JRSC00LUDE a Private Message Find more posts by JRSC00LUDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mazdavirgin
Neutral

Location: Calgary
What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%


quote:

Originally posted by Gestalt
Do you read? Or just make things up?

Beside that, How much snow are you going to accumulate at 80%



Yeah and you obviously don't read anything that doesn't fit your dumbass trope.

https://www.osti.gov/scitech/servlets/purl/5232456

Here you go but a warning it might be above your level of understanding since you're clearly someone who would have been in the special class at school...

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-16-2017 10:49 PM
mazdavirgin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mazdavirgin Click here to Send mazdavirgin a Private Message Find more posts by mazdavirgin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
88CRX
Moderator

Location: 403
What I drive: EP3, S2K & TLX
Posts/Day: 1.08
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 100%


quote:

Originally posted by Gestalt


Do 1000 foot homes exist? People buy the most house they can afford. I would say $350 to $500k is a starter home.





Probably should take this discussion elsewhere.

In the past several years they have not existed no. Most builders have 1250-1300 as their smallest available homes. However recently in Mahogany some of the builders have started offering 1000-1050ft2 homes which is kind of a cool idea. They're super small and compact.

__________________

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-16-2017 10:51 PM
88CRX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 88CRX Click here to Send 88CRX a Private Message Find more posts by 88CRX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JRSC00LUDE
Third Gear

Location: SK
What I drive: S/C '00 Prelude '15 Tacoma '06 Vstar 1100
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 112%


quote:

Originally posted by Gestalt
Do you read? Or just make things up?



Quoted for irony.

__________________

Originally posted by SJW
Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.


Originally posted by snowcat
Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-16-2017 10:52 PM
JRSC00LUDE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JRSC00LUDE Click here to Send JRSC00LUDE a Private Message Find more posts by JRSC00LUDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gestalt
Newbie

Location: Calgary
What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%


quote:

Originally posted by mazdavirgin


Yeah and you obviously don't read anything that doesn't fit your dumbass trope.

https://www.osti.gov/scitech/servlets/purl/5232456

Here you go but a warning it might be above your level of understanding since you're clearly someone who would have been in the special class at school...



Guess you Didn't read your own 1979 link, or the NAIT one from last year.

And buddy, no one runs their panels at 30 degree angle in the winter.

Please read what you post and pretend to understand.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2017 12:48 AM
Gestalt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gestalt Click here to Send Gestalt a Private Message Find more posts by Gestalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%


quote:

Originally posted by Gestalt
Please read what you post and pretend to understand.


Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Quoted for irony.

__________________

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.


Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?


Originally posted by Toma
rx7_turbfoags best friend

Toma the homophobe?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2017 12:52 AM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mazdavirgin
Neutral

Location: Calgary
What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%


quote:

Originally posted by Gestalt


Guess you Didn't read your own 1979 link, or the NAIT one from last year.

And buddy, no one runs their panels at 30 degree angle in the winter.

Please read what you post and pretend to understand.



Your level of stupid is just overwhelming. You can't even form a cogent argument. All you do is post stupid shit without understanding what they are talking about. Your NAIT shit is just that shit because it doesn't help if you time average out your power over a year to "prove" snow has no impact. You would have to be a grade A moron to think this is the case when sufficient enough snow causes total loss of generation. Same goes with dust and bird shit it all causes panel power loss which is non insignificant. Why do you think the mars rovers end up not running forever? I'll give you a hint it starts with d and ends in ust.

Then again you're so thick this will all fly past your head.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2017 02:34 AM
mazdavirgin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mazdavirgin Click here to Send mazdavirgin a Private Message Find more posts by mazdavirgin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

Location: Vancouver/Calgary
What I drive: 1.6L full of angry bees
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%


quote:

Gestalt = NonLinear?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2017 02:39 AM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gestalt
Newbie

Location: Calgary
What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%


quote:

Still no one reads, or read snippets and chooses the worst possible case summer angle for the winter.

In Edmonton if you wanted best average output, and a fixed year round position, it would be about 45 degrees.

People in northern latitudes if they fix their panels, generally chose a winter angle, generally closer to 70 .
degrees. We size our systems a little bigger, so don't need the full summer efficiency.

Did you notice in Edmonton the uncleared panel at 53 degrees loses like 1.5% average. Oh, the horror. No solar for you!

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2017 03:06 AM
Gestalt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gestalt Click here to Send Gestalt a Private Message Find more posts by Gestalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schurchill39
Second Gear

Location: Calgary
What I drive: 2014 Ford F-150, 2015 RDX
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (15)
User Rating: 100%


quote:

Guys, I figured it out! Gestalt is Aarash!

Case closed.

__________________

Originally posted by rage2
...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2017 04:26 AM
schurchill39 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schurchill39 Click here to Send schurchill39 a Private Message Find more posts by schurchill39 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%


quote:

Originally posted by schurchill39
Guys, I figured it out! Gestalt is Aarash!

Case closed.


They both certainly have that "I'm the only one that's right therefore it's everyone else who's crazy" view of things. But it's not the same type of crazy.

Perhaps there's a hint in the username? Psychology reference, Toma was often dipping into that, what was his degree in again? It's not him either.

I do feel we've seen him before with another username though. It seems clear through his posts he's a younger guy, thinks he's got above average intelligence but likes to point out he's "just a mechanic" a kind of sideways humble brag like we'll all find his intelligence more impressive because of his blue collar occupation. He has his narrative, looks for posts that he's already anticipated and has prepared responses to. Posts that he doesn't have a pre-determined response to he ignores or sometimes leaves an awkward reply to because he missed the joke or intent of the post altogether.

I haven't put him on my "ignore list" (yet), he doesn't have the crazy of Arash or the hypocrisy of Toma, he's kind of innocuous...........For now anyways.

__________________

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.


Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?


Originally posted by Toma
rx7_turbfoags best friend

Toma the homophobe?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2017 05:02 AM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gestalt
Newbie

Location: Calgary
What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%


quote:

I only said the mechanic thing because a clueless guy making stuff up called me a monkey, while painting himself as a nuclear scientist. I really never was good at school maybe why I married a teacher. But I'm good at obvious stuff. Mechanical things, diagnosis and problem sloving, and yes, I get excited about cool new things, and have a hard time with people always trying to make up out there reasons why something is impossible, or can't be done.

I'll stop now if it's overdone. I actually did when icky asked my education. Originally, I put journeyman, but then edited and didn't answer.

Last edited by Gestalt on 03-17-2017 at 05:39 AM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2017 05:22 AM
Gestalt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gestalt Click here to Send Gestalt a Private Message Find more posts by Gestalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%


quote:

Originally posted by Gestalt
I only said the mechanic thing because a clueless guy making stuff up called me a monkey, while painting himself as a nuclear scientist. I really never was good at school, maybe why I married a teacher. But I'm good at obvious stuff. Mechanical things, diagnosis and problem solving, and yes, I get excited about cool new things, and have a hard time with people always trying to make up out there reasons why something is impossible, or can't be done.

I'll stop now if it's overdone. I actually did above when I was asked my education. Originally, I put journeyman, but then edited and didn't answer.


Nothing wrong with Journeyman

The issue seems to be you were arguing the wrong thing? If you love cool new things and solar generation is included in that then start a thread about your project, you'll find a ton of people here would follow a thread like that with support for it. You got into this weird argument about its viability, and then the cost to build a home and whether that included land value?

__________________

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.


Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?


Originally posted by Toma
rx7_turbfoags best friend

Toma the homophobe?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2017 05:40 AM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schurchill39
Second Gear

Location: Calgary
What I drive: 2014 Ford F-150, 2015 RDX
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (15)
User Rating: 100%


quote:

One cannot argue with your familiarity with the local beyond crazies, just look at your signature. Maybe if Gestalt is lucky he can find himself among the likes of Toma and Aarash

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

They both certainly have that "I'm the only one that's right therefore it's everyone else who's crazy" view of things. But it's not the same type of crazy.

Perhaps there's a hint in the username? Psychology reference, Toma was often dipping into that, what was his degree in again? It's not him either.

I do feel we've seen him before with another username though. It seems clear through his posts he's a younger guy, thinks he's got above average intelligence but likes to point out he's "just a mechanic" a kind of sideways humble brag like we'll all find his intelligence more impressive because of his blue collar occupation. He has his narrative, looks for posts that he's already anticipated and has prepared responses to. Posts that he doesn't have a pre-determined response to he ignores or sometimes leaves an awkward reply to because he missed the joke or intent of the post altogether.

I haven't put him on my "ignore list" (yet), he doesn't have the crazy of Arash or the hypocrisy of Toma, he's kind of innocuous...........For now anyways.

__________________

Originally posted by rage2
...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2017 10:26 PM
schurchill39 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schurchill39 Click here to Send schurchill39 a Private Message Find more posts by schurchill39 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

Location: Calgary
What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%


quote:

Snow can actually work to advantage in winter.

SAIT already figured out that a perfectly vertical panel is probably the best orientation in winter. But not just that, if you have tons of land, you can space the panels out between rows much further and get a decent amount of ice and snow reflection and get a nice little boost.

Very unlike the US, where they pack them together as tightly as possible, in Canada spacing them at least an extra panel of sunshade apart would be a better idea. That and coating the ground with a reflective material between panels when its dry. Titanium paint on the concrete would probably do.

__________________
A magnitude 8.5 earthquake would produce ~ 2 million destitute Californian refugees.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-2017 02:15 PM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

Location: Technically the NE
What I drive: ///M235i
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%


quote:

Maybe he is Thales back from the dead. Nah hes not nearly enough of an an aggressive meathead.

__________________
* Use of this avatar makes no statement of me implying I own a BMW M division car, that the BMW M235i model is a BMW M division car, or any other statement regarding BMW M division or its debated superiority over other makes and models of vehicles

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-2017 03:59 PM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:54 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
 
Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > $50 oil, now what?



Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread


Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON
 

Google
 
Web beyond.ca

Terms of Use - Contact Us - Advertising Info - Archives - Car Blog

Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.3.9
Copyright ©2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Bringing Car Enthusiasts together in discussion on our car forums

Page Statistics : Page generated in 0.12835503 seconds (77.41% PHP - 22.59% MySQL) with 43 queries.